It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Yet these news stories get drowned out in a few days with stories about celebrities and sports.

Yes drowned out and forgotten

The audience is fickle and has short term memories and an even shorter attention span... If you cannot stick you proof into 3.48 minutes youtube video with obnoxious music... forget it you have already lost them

Just look at the flags in the Robbie William thread here

The ESA water ice lake in that crater should have hit main stream media like a wild fire... yet not even a fizzle

The DoD report from Clementine that tells of a 100 sq km 50 foot deep ice lake on the Moon released by the pentagon in 1996 also did not raise an eyebrow.. save a few

So here we are looking at faces in rocks... and look how much attention the 'huminoid' got around the web

At least that gets focus on the topic... and once in a while a few gems pop out like the OP

So from Space.com... shall we side step into the past for a quiet moment of reminiscing?

Flyover from the submerged northeast Hellas Planitia to the Hesperia Planum.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
you guys are completely retarded. My cat has been acting weird for weeks and all you guys can think about is mars?!?!?!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
wow .. where is it?

oops .. wow .. where did you find this? .... i'm not sure but i think its not the real image ... it would be in every media in the world ...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by baburak]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So what you are saying it is okay for you to 'erase' any artifacts by creating "YOUR" version and using that instead of the original super-resolution version?
No, I am not saying anything like that, and you should know me well enough to know that I wouldn't say or do something like that.

I did not erase anything because there was nothing there to erase.

Those things that appear only on the super-resolution image are probably (I don't know the specific algorithm used and I was not the person that created that super-resolution image) artifacts created by the algorithm used by the super-resolution software.

To show that there is nothing there on at least one of the 16 photos used, here is part of the photo I used for the previous image. This time I only cropped that area, I made no further changes on the GIF file converted from the IMG file. No re-sampling, no level adjustment, no super-resolution.

If you (or anyone else) want it and have the software to do it, you can try it for yourself.

Go to this page and download some or all the images, the ones used were all the images from the L6 filter, so they are the files that end in "l6c1.img".

After downloading the images you can use NASA Viewer (a free download from here, but I think that a registration is needed) to open and convert the images to GIF or JPEG.

Once the images are in a more common format you can use the image processing software you want to apply a re-sample, a resize or even a super-resolution algorithm.

PhotoAcute has a demo version that lets you see the results of super-resolution, although not as strong as that from the image from NASA, it only makes the image 2 times bigger than the original.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow!
Awesome photograph Zorgon! It gave me goosebumps when I saw it -- and shivers too because it's so mind-boggling that our media only chooses to report on the mundane and not the extraordinary in terms of their selection of photo's from Mars that they choose to focus on as opposed to "the good one's".

It goes without saying that the media is engaged in an active disinformation campaign via omission of those extraordinary photo's of Mars but the avg. person out there is oblivious to this fact and do not have a clue, what-so-ever, on what they are missing out on!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

2 Caterpillars.1 small and perking up looking at Spirit rover.The other caterpillar illustrates how evolution favored an animal built like a TANK TREAD. Climbing over rocks is survival on Mars surface(in the older days)when the animals were larger.Look at the size difference.The snake-like size of the more modern caterpillar ,scaled -down survives by ditching the night cold digging in to more coccoon-like underground safety.There's much more to this pic. I designed the Mars rovers 1987,drawing the first drafts and concepts.I'm a visual person who sees patterns others miss before I stumble on them.Because I've seen tons of snakes and caterpillars already in the Mars pics I already expect to see the most favored natural designs of that work best in Mars environments of PAST and PRESENT.The major difference by comparison is just like Earth's before and after the die-outs of the dinosaurs after the asteroid impacts....size. I assume that Earth and Mars had a much richer with life environment before the devastating HITS.Mars had a worse outcome from all indications thus far. You wouldn't have these same pics without my 1987 designs,but would have probably sooner or later had SIMILAR shots. My good fortune was to have Star Trek raising interest in Space in 1987 in a soon to be improving economy,the Clinton years when my plans were favored because of the failure of the BLOATED Mars missions,so they(jpl/nasa) desperately needed new scaled down humble plans of INCREMENTAL forging ahead.The Russians had even worse luck landing on Mars.I looked around me and thought,cars have airbags to save lives.I can steal that idea for Mars landers,even if it limits size and weight for safety margins. Save Mars exploration.Save JPL by preserving their funding with successes instead of massive hemorages.Stop the bleeding.Preserve JOBS.Create JOBS.Don't design anything that could fail that would lead to the death of humans. I'm too much of an amateur to dare any attempts at designing for space travel for humans.Know your limits.
The Clinton economy saved JPL /nasa in my opinion.Bush's care for OIL and WAR,so Mars is a big yawn for them.Only OIL on Mars would start their gears turning.Mechanical men like the "tin man" need oil,don't they? ANSWER :911

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In my haste in the Caterpillar pic above,the letter "R" in the middle of caterpillar covers the face of an animal that is stretched over the boulder,belly-up with caterpillar legs skyward,though smaller than the fatter one.You'll have to see Zorgon's pic from a previous page to pick out the face of this approx 3ft-4ft long animal.Oh I forgot they are ONLY ROCKS.
here's me in 1990

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There appears to be a number of small areas, where some digital editing or blurring of image is apparent. Makes no sense. Why in these places?

The "statue" I'm sorry to say, looks like natural rock formation to me.
Of all the places to purposefully carve a rock/cliff face statue, this makes no sense what so ever, compared to how the Egyptians did it.

But, hey, if there was an active super ancient culture on MARS before it dried up, who is to say, how they thought or believed?

I suscribe to the theory, that long ago, there was a race of beings that hop scotched across our planets. They most likely lived on one or more of them at some point in time. On some they stayed longer on than others.
They were a super race possessing incredible knowlege of the universe, and of life in it. They came to Earth and not only settled in places like where the Sumerians, and Egyptians where, but other places such as Bolivia, Mexico, Belize,and Peru in epochs of time we have yet to reconize.
The biblical historical records indicate there were races of giants on earth in the early days. These places also reveal in their historical artifacts, that there were giant gods/bird men who came from the sky. Aboriginals of Australia have a simular story about their beginning. Thus, it is my belief, that there is more to these records than mere myth or fables. Something indeed did come here. It/they tried to establish it's outposts and cities, and for some reason, it all went south and they either left, were killed, or died off. I think it is these "GODS" that took fair human women and mated with them. Maybe they took some humans away to places unknown. Maybe some of the offspring became rulers here for awhile. There is evidence that their was some sort of hybreeding going on in Bolivia. Some of the more recently found intact Mummies are too odd, and have enormous sized elongated heads. Pathologists have indicated, that these mummies, did not result from the practice of head pressing the infants. These individuals, developed without interfereance. And they were very tall. Unusally tall. Over 7 to almost 8 feet tall. When the average Bolivian then was under five foot. Creepy!
So, I believe there were hybrids here.
We really know very little about the Earths really ancient past. If someone, or something was living on a more inhabitable Mars or other place, (the Moon) it would have to of been Multiple Hundreds of Thousands of years ago or longer. Now that is creepy. And if they came here, set up shop, and were nailing the females here for breeding purposes, and to leave behind progenies...pass the Depends, cause I'm gonna unload bigtime. I love archaeology. I follow it, and study it. The more they discover, the clearer somethings become. While at the same time, it starts to scare the poo out of me.
MARS images aren't helping the matter any. Some of it, is VERY INTERESTING INDEED. To bad we can't go there and scratch around in the Martian soil and rocks. You need Humans doing the work. Not robotic crawlers taking photo's, or satellites sending back data, that is "Declassified" before released to the public. Hands on only.
Then, you have guys, like the Director of Antiquites in Egypt, who withholds finds, until he can throughly investigate it first. The anomolies under the Spinx, he refuses to allow anyone to investigate. Same with the Great Pryamid. There are anomolies in it, and probes have bore it out, that something is there..yet, he refuses to allow further investigation.
It is hard to get out the truths when there is resistance all around fighting it.
Don't get me started on bullheaded organized religion... GOT WAR?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOBountyHunter

As was said many times before. Those are artifacts of the super-resolution algorithm Nasa used for these images.

-ChriS

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Hi vze I will back you up 100% on the caterpillars. The 1st time I saw a caterpillar was from the Pathfinder Lander photos, looking toward a rocky plain, with streamlined hills in background and the Sojourner rover next to Yogi, the rock, in view.

This caterpillar has a thick body the size of 2 soda cans end to end with a flat looking cute rounded face, large slanted eyes and on the top of the head what looks to be I assume rounded sensors on top of antennae. The caterpillar was climbing a rock at a 45 degree angle with the initials RC clear as a bell etched horizontally on it's side.

No this was not RC Cola. LOL The caterpillar finds in this photo you enlarged and highlighted are from Zorgon's original photo he presented near the water, and verifies even more so life exists on Mars. Rik Riley

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Those are artifacts of the super-resolution algorithm Nasa used for these images.

So ummm lemme see if I have this straight...

The NORMAL pictures do not show anything....

The SUPER RESOLUTION pictures DO show something...

Is not the purpose of higher resolution images to BRING OUT MORE DETAIL?

If not what is the point?

All this time the skeptics have said all they see is 'blurry rocks' and they cannot make out anything...

Then when we show super resolution that even the skeptics can see (but not accept) the Egyptian statue... they say the High res images are not valid...

You guys kill me

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

OMG...you made : The Daily Grail ",
...having trouble linking it, but google: " The Daily Grail" and look under " News Briefs 19-15-2008 "
yep...you found something Big. IMO

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

...and my very first post would have a typo ...Pardon the omitted "...

...got carried away by the DG catch...Love ATS...good read poster!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
so thats who built the pyramids and all the statues in egypt! theres always been theories that aliens built them - turns out they were from mars!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Interesting find! F & S. I'll see if I can zoom in and clean up the "statue" area as well some others in Photoshop and post the results here in a couple of days.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So ummm lemme see if I have this straight...

The NORMAL pictures do not show anything....

The SUPER RESOLUTION pictures DO show something...

Is not the purpose of higher resolution images to BRING OUT MORE DETAIL?

If not what is the point?

All this time the skeptics have said all they see is 'blurry rocks' and they cannot make out anything...

Then when we show super resolution that even the skeptics can see (but not accept) the Egyptian statue... they say the High res images are not valid...

You guys kill me

The point is: these are not true high res photos. They are digitally resampled and recompiled, hence all the artifacts and pixelization of the image. It's like taking a bunch of 2 megapixel images, reprocessing and overlapping them to try to bring out a sharper definition in contrast between light and dark areas; you won't get a true 10 megapixel image as the result.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Congratulations on making it to the Daily Grail

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks. But what is the daily grail. I know it’s a web site, but I think my question is. The find is on a few sites, is the daily grail seen as a good site?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

all i have to say is wow!!

first the famous "face" on mars, then the "little statues" and now this statue like formation.

could there be a connection with mars and the egyptians?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is absolutley fantasitc..... this is a great find, im so amazed at what this thing is. As you mentioned, it looks very much like an Egyptian Object of somesort. When i seen this i was in absolute amazment.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join