It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
incredible all this pics are magnifiscent
i wonder if we re close to the truth yet

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I don't see anything special in that area, only rocks and pieces of rock.

But that image shows one of the artifacts created by the super-resolution algorithm. The area marked bellow with a yellow ellipse has detail that did not existed on the original, as you can see in the next image, taken from the IMG file.

Super-resolution is good but has some limitations, things that are the size of the number of images used or smaller (in the case of this image, they say that they used 16 images, so things smaller than 4x4 pixels) may appear completely different in the final result because they do not have enough information for the algorithm to work with.

A common re-sample shows that the super-resolution re-created detail in the larger areas, but small spots may become completely altered.

It also shows the amount of data that was lost with the conversion to JPEG (and maybe some other treatment, I have noticed that the JPEG images available on the rover's site are worse than the JPEG images available on PDS site).

This images was cropped from the 1p231787746eff820tp2417l2c1.img file, re-sampled using The Gimp's Lanczos3 interpolation method and the levels were adjusted to make it more clear without any loss of data.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think this might also help support my earlier idea that the rocks simply broke off. Now I don't consider myself an expert on geology but there are some odd things going around the 'Egyptian statue'

Here is the reference pic

1. The uppermost portion of the ramp like feature.

2. The first cut, or direction change, the red lines highlight fractures that appear to be going in the direction of the ramp. I don't know if that would indicate a force coming from the direction of the 'ramp' could affect it but I figured I'd bring it up so someone who knows more can check it out.

3. The end of the ramp where we find the statue.

Thinking over it I don't see how boulders or the pieces that sheered off could have affected the much larger rock surface below but like I said earlier, I don't know much, but I know that looked kinda weird.

The fact that the odd ramp ends at the statue would seem to indicate that there is some relationship.

EDIT:

I made another picture highlighting more of the ramp idea.

To the left of the statue there appears to be a similar ramp (#1) that has not sheered yet. You can also see that it ends in a similar outcropping (#2) as the statue. Near the bottom of the pic I've tried to show where some of the debris may have fallen, which I think could be two chunks from each side of the statue. Let me know what you think.

EDIT 2:

Made another pic which shows breaks or patterns in the rock around the statue, which appear to be natural. It also shows how the piece of debris beneath the statue has a similar triangular shape.

Not trying to 'debunk' you iammonkey, just trying to look at the evidence we have.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Parabol]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Nola213
I'd too write off the "Face" as pareidolia

never fails... every thread with an anomaly... someone feels it necessary to give us the 'pareidolia speech'

I think I will make a 'top ten list' of skeptic responses and they can just give us the number... and save a lot of band width

UH, do you read entire post or just pieces......

Way to take my sentence totally out of context. If you hadn't CUT my sentence off, it continues on that I would have written the Face on Mars off as simple pareidolia, if not for the fact of the geometry displayed by all the other LARGE anomilies in the CYdonian Complex. (that's from memory by the way). However, the lack of a PERIOD in your quoting me, leads me to believe my thought continued on.

You'd make a great MSM reporter.
Good Going.

But I'm afraid all the people on the first page are jumping the gun comparing a 4 foot rock formation in the side of a jagged cliff to the Face are Mars, are too quick to make something out of most likely nothing.

Nevermind, I'm not gonna rewrite my entire post because "some" people can't read entire sentences.:p

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
i saw similiar on other pics now .. but this1 is really strange

Similar like this puddle with the muddy tracks?

Big Picture

I also wonder what THIS is?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
These are interesting images of Mars, I appreciate the OP's posting.

Would NASA freely release images of authentic Martian stone carvings, or evidence of an ancient Martian civilization without first having a news/press release?

Scientists from other countries are also scrutinizing NASA's images of Mars, wouldn't they have something to say about Martian rock sculptures, etc.?

Or, are all of the earth's scientists, experts and leaders part of a conspiracy to confuse people by creating CGI hoaxes or by concealing real evidence?

People have a very natural tendency to perceive recognizable features in random shapes/forms.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Since when is Mars Blue? Maybe near the poles you could get some colors like that, but as far as I know, spit and oppourtunity haven't been near either.

As for the bottom picture, I believe that would be sand.

But the picture with the tracks, is VERY interesting.

But again, I'd like to see that picture depicted in what we "think" we know are the colors of the terrain on mars, or at least in a couple different color schemes. As to not influence the observer of the picture as much.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
Like I said before

Maybe NASA is sitting back and laughing at us because they know these images are DOCTORED. Meaning there is such thing as "filtered" images the ones you and I see released to the public and you can clearly tell there are some black marks on the images or small things that are covered up. And then there is "unfiltered" the ones ONLY TOP clearance people get to see.

I do not doubt that... so do you have any good sources for the 'unfiltered' ones? You 'speak' with a voice of 'authority'

Or perhaps the algorithms that lets us see the good stuff?

Say theres a Holiday INN sitting up on mars. Would be see it. Nope. The rover tho would be getting a room tho

Actually its a Hilton, not a Holiday Inn... I already covered that in another thread... conceived at the Flying M Ranch by Barron Hilton and Don Douglas Jr. John Lear was Barron's pilot at the time

Lunar Hilton...
1967 AAS Conference Proceedings
American Astronautical Society, AAS 67-126
www.panix.com...

"A beach holiday is all very well but where better to top up a stellar suntan than the Lunar Hilton? Soaking up the rays under an Earth lit sky may sound like something out of sci-fi, but plans to open the first luxury hotel on the Moon are already well underway. Top British designer Peter Inston (Inston Design International, 33, Cork Street, London W1X 1HB) has been chosen to design the new building, which will include a vast rotunda containing 5000 guest rooms and a central "activity" dome bigger than the controversial Millennium Dome in Greenwich in London. The Lunar Hilton project has gained momentum recently due to the possibility that there are vast ice reservoirs in lunar craters. Ice means plentiful supplies of water and oxygen. Lots of people would love to go on holiday to the Moon, especially if they could stay in luxurious surroundings," says Mr. Inston, who has designed hotels all over the world including the Intercontinental hotel lit Istanbul and the new Hilton hotel in St. Lucia in the Caribbean. "Lunar tourism is going to take off in a big way. I am particularly pleased to be working with the Hilton on this ground-breaking project."

www.resonancepub.com...

The drawings were completed for phase two in March 1998 by Peter Inston

Well okay this one is on the Moon... don't have the mars stuff... yet

Because YOU know if there was something we WON'T know anything about it.

Speak for yourself... I have sources

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Since when is Mars Blue?

Oh good grief

Evaluation Report by Lockheed Martin
mars.spherix.com...

I will listen to Lockheed Martin over NASA any day

Read the PDF file

But again, I'd like to see that picture depicted in what we "think" we know are the colors of the terrain on mars, or at least in a couple different color schemes. As to not influence the observer of the picture as much.

Sorry I don't do NASA false color requests, not when I have the entire Rover collection in 'calibrated' color to work with

Scoria (Vesicular Basalt on Earth)

Scoria (Vesicular Basalt on Mars) From my 'calibrated' collection

Sky is a bit washed out but hey...

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Hi Parabol, thanks for your post and external image analogy. If you will look at your first external image (early version of statue side?) and when you find red line #1 at the very top of line extend the line upward approx. 2 inches and you will see clear as a bell a perfect light gray in color modern looking number 2.

The red line to the right of your #1 line at the top of that line extend the line approx. 1 1/2 inches you will see slightly to the left of where line ends a very tiny darker in color perfect child like humanoid face. Rik Riley

[edit on 18-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I don't see what you're talking about at all. Could you use a program to highlight it? And I'm not sure how a perfect childish face is seen because of a darker spot. Maybe I'm not understanding you quite clearly. I'm not even sure if what you said is opposed to my theory or merely another observance.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by conjunktionman

forgiv my ignorance but could the two holes in the cliff face be access points to reach the face..

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Sorry, it was your first external image not your second, now you will be able to see the anomalies. I will try to highlight what I am talking about. This is another observance correct. Rik Riley

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon comes thru again good work as always. What I see is cool clear water and the sky is blue as our sky on Earth. How can that be? LOL Rik Riley

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Can you explain how the sculptors were able to preserve their carvings from the effects of erosion? Millions of years of exposure to dust, wind and wide temperature extremes would eventually cause some damage.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clear Thinker

Can you explain how the sculptors were able to preserve their carvings from the effects of erosion? Millions of years of exposure to dust, wind and wide temperature extremes would eventually cause some damage.

My opinion is life exists today as well as in the past on Mars. I base my opinion from what I see from photos taken from all ground zero missions on the surface.

When I first started viewing raw photos on Mars years ago hardly anyone could see what I was seeing. Now more and more individuals are looking and scanning the surface like no time before and finding incredible finds of anomalies, artifacts, fossils, statues, structures, cities, vehicles, water, ice and some claim to see lifeforms. Rik Riley

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i dont want to break your fun guys but this image was taken by the mars exploration rover, this is so small....

this is just a matter of erosion by wind and maybe water
the statue you seems to look at is about 30cm...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I am a Black Level researcher with NASA. I was recently dismissed due to job related issues, and now I believe my life is in danger. What you are seeing are fake images issued by us, in an effort to deceive the public. The mars you know, in fact, the universe as understood by the majority of the population is a complete hoax. There are things out there that no one should know about, and thus we keep everything hidden. It is better that no one know about these things. In fact, valid proof of this is seen

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Can you explain how you know the 'sculptors' were there Millions of years ago?

Thanks

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

You mean like the pyramids of giza? They may be eroded but they're still around and in pretty good condition condsidering the environment! Not to mention all the other artifcats. If you read the excerpt earlier that I talked about in my last post you will see that NASA believes this was a desert-like environment with sand dunes and they say it was probably much like the Sahara. Pretty ironic considering where the pyramids are located here on earth and the similarity this figure has with those of ancient egyptian origin. If this really is some kind of intelligently-created structure on Mars then we would have know way of knowing how long ago it was created anyway correct?

Obviously when you are talking about tens of thousands of years (or longer) erosion is much more of a factor. But we would have no way of knowing when this thing was built or who built it. Also, If you look at where the object is located in the photograph it isn't exactly out in the open either where erosion would have been much more dramatic over time.

-ChriS

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join