It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+159 more 
posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Mods if you think this is on the wrong thread please move it.
While looking at pictures of mars. There was something on the picture that grabbed my attention. Here’s the link to the original.
www.nasa.gov...

The two black and white pictures on the left of the last set of pics are from mars the rest are in Egypt

The reason it stud out for me, is because it reminds me of the statues in Egypt. If you look above, below and on each side of the statue looking figure. You will notice the rock has a ruff surface. While the figure is a lot smoother. Any way here it is.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nice catch! I will have to look over the original more but that does bear a striking resemblence to statues found at the temple of Abu Simbel as well as others. Indeed my namesake accompanies her hubby at that very site.
That is a striking resemblence to Ramessess II

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It indeed looks like those Egyptian statues but it could of course also be 'coincidental' rock formations that happen to look like a statue ... love to hear the experts take on this. s & f !

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this amazing image!

I also see many interesting features around the "egyptian statue". I have circled them in red, and in the area I have circled in blue, I think the image may have been manipulated to hide something:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

WOW !!!
Unless there is some glaringly *sp* obvious explanation for this that I am missing, this image is makes 'the face on Mars' look like a plain and simple rock.

I think this one is going to take some debunking. I hope the 'experts' come in soon with some explanations ... I'm intrigued.

Thanks so much for sharing. As somene else already mentioned te resemblence To the huge Rameses II, statues is remarkable.

It might be worth sending a quick u2u to Mikesingh and Internos these guys will be able to provide info about anything we mere mortals might be missing.

Star and flag from me. Woody

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Great picture and great find My question is why would they brush it out if they had nothing to hide??

When you d/l the pic and zoom in its been blured HMMM

Great find

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
fantastic find, starred!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is PIA10210
Details of Layers in Victoria Crater's Cape St. Vincent

Original Caption Released with Image:

NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity rover spent about 300 sols (Martian days) during 2006 and 2007 traversing the rim of Victoria Crater. Besides looking for a good place to enter the crater, the rover obtained images of rock outcrops exposed at several cliffs along the way.

The cliff in this image from Opportunity's panoramic camera (Pancam) is informally named Cape St. Vincent. It is a promontory approximately 12 meters (39 feet) tall on the northern rim of Victoria crater, near the farthest point along the rover's traverse around the rim. Layers seen in Cape St. Vincent have proven to be among the best examples of meter scale cross-bedding observed on Mars to date. Cross-bedding is a geologic term for rock layers which are inclined relative to the horizontal and which are indicative of ancient sand dune deposits. In order to
get a better look at these outcrops, Pancam "super-resolution" imaging techniques were utilized. Super-resolution is a type of imaging mode which acquires many pictures of the same target to reconstruct a digital image at a higher resolution than is native to the camera. These super-resolution images have allowed scientists to discern that the rocks at Victoria Crater once represented a large dune field, not unlike the Sahara desert on Earth, and that this dune field migrated with an ancient wind flowing from the north to the south across the region. Other rover chemical and mineral measurements have shown that many of the ancient sand dunes studied in Meridiani Planum were modified by surface and subsurface liquid water long ago.

This is a Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Panoramic Camera image acquired on sol 1167 (May 7, 2007), and was constructed from a mathematical combination of 16 different blue filter (480 nm) images.

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

Opportunity Panoramic Camera :: Sol 1167 (64 images)

Full-Res TIFF: (15.99 MB)

Full-Res JPEG: (1.641 MB)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
WOW! This was my first reaction. Very nice find

This is one of the best examples I have seen of such a statue on Mars. The similarity is estonishing.

Flag and star

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Great to see that internos is on this one!

I just found another two very strange features in the image:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I find the "head" area to be very odd for a natural formation of rock. What seems oddest is the placement of the two dark areas where we would expect to see eyes on a humanoid figure.

The fact that both seem to be perfectly matched strikes me as strange. However, since this isn't really a photo, but a compisition of photos, we are left with a great deal of doubt about what that area REALLY looks like. IMO.

Nevertheless, a great find. Starred, flagged. This could well make the rounds of the MSM like the one of the "tiny humanoid" figures did a few weeks ago.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
great find iammonkey
i took a look at the link that has the entire picture and its full of cool bits. i found one and its taken me awhile to try and circle and post it. i'm no computer pro but i hope i got it enough.
it looks like some kind of alien chipmunk shaped creature near a hole in the wall left of the statue you found. perhaps ziggystar60 can take my pic and do his better circles on it then i did.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

i tried but if you guys can do it and circle better for others I'd appreciate it. i think the airbrushers for nasa are on strike things are being seen allot lately.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
um....wow.

If you´re the first one to notice this congratulations. Hoagand and Co. are going to be asking to publish it sooner or later.

As someone already mentioned...this looks much more like something than the face on Mars.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thank you every one. For your input and flags. I will be asking mike to have a look. I must admit out of all my rock pictures this one has to be the one I really felt needed attention. As a few people, have notice there a few odd things on that picture as well as some smudging going on.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

Hi, I have circled the area you showed us, and by the way, your way of doing it was just fine! I have also circled another feature that seems interesting.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Umm, Adding to the picture in the above post I circled (in green) two Pipe End/ Cylinder end looking items of interest. Feel Free to discount them if they are easily explainable..etc since this is far in a way beyond my 'field' so to speak.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Could anyone point out where in the original picture I have to zoom in for the statue?

Brand new mars material...brilliant!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Looking at the small red circle The object with in looks to me like some kind of building and to the left of the object where it is dark might be a cave or bunker of some sort?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The image is so big, I can't get all of it to show up in a post. If you look near the right edge of the big stone formation, about half way up, you should be able to find the "egyptian statue". Hope this helps a bit.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yep, got it. Thanks a lot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join