It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we terrified of the Grays?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
well i dont think they are scared of them i think they are scared of what they can do!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The unknown. Simple, when you are in the dark, those that surround you that you cannot see, will scare you. Unless you are desensitized to fear.....

You may be able to hear things, see glimpses of things in the corner of your eyes, but never the whole picture. You recall being brought through the roof. You know what was happening, but these mysterious beings showed no face to you, they hid their identities, and thusly, making you a bit more....shall I say, fearful of these horribly creepy beings. The thoughts of having no control whatsoever, and then not being able to witness the perpetrator/s is scary all on its own. So it is definitely understandable why you would have this fear. Why anyone would have these fears of these creatures.

They are a questionable race, one person will swear up and down that they are real, that they had an encounter with them. Another will swear up and down that it is all just one big hoax. And of course there will be that man or woman who believe it is complete mind control, hallucinations, if you will, that the government is sending to "the chosen many" to scare them into being more compliant.

Either way, they are scary. The idea of a small, green or gray being with large black almond shaped eyes, can look down at us and control our every movement, is scary.

Well, I guess that was just my view on the subject matter.

---Jade---

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkee

Thank you for your post, I have stared it as it said everything so well about all this.

Whats the point of letting you remember little parts in all this but NEVER show your face, its like their scared to, maybe they are not meant to be doing this to us so they are afraid to show their faces.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Ahhh, good question. That is something I don't think we are supposed to know. And in all honesty, I think that abductions may just be a way to show us beings on Earth that there are, in fact, other life forms in our universe. Whether it be subtle or not so subtle....it seems to be a way of communicating. Either way, doll, its creepy as hell >.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkee

A way of communicating
Why cant they just do it in another way? I really wish I understood this whole thing, its like I need someone to just say one line to me about what its all about and I'll go....aahh yes of course.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Well, I guess they just have their own ways....

My friend was abducted, and had vivid memories of it, and was actually aware of it all. I would go into details, but at the moment, I would rather not.

Anyway, he actually got to communicate with them. While he was under the light, he saw them. He totally freaked out, well, as much as he could, since he was rather paralyzed from the neck down. One of them approached him and told him to calm down. They weren't going to hurt him.

There has been this being lurking in the woods near my home. Many people have seen it, and unfortunately, he got to witness the thing jump from the ground to his roof.

Anyway, he asked them about it, and they told him that the being would never hurt him or anyone else. That it was just here to keep an eye on certain people. [[maybe the ones that have actually seen it?]]
He even got to ask them why he was there, and they told him simply
"You are a part."

His last memories of that night were him freaking out, making sure he wasn't apart. He thought he was literally, in pieces. But then it caught on to him, he was maybe a part of a plan of some sort.

He told me the voices were sent to his mind, and it was the voice of someone he knew but couldn't put his finger on who it was.

[[Mind you, he never, NEVER would have even thought to believe in anything alien, especially another life form. This brought me closer to believing.]]

After some things happen, he became terrified, and started using drugs to calm the paranoias. He is fine today, but won't talk much about what happened.

So, as far as communication, maybe some people actually do get to talk to them, and some, only get the joy of seeing and knowing very little.

Though could you imagine what it would be like if everyone who was abducted were able to communicate with their abductors? It would leave us, really nothing to wonder or question....and I know for myself, I love to question things. Gives me something to do when I am bored. Hehe!

---Jade---

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You are terrified of the Greys because that is the closet that is closed to mankind but out in the open in our own society. Look at our society are we not the ZETA TERRANS.

Closed off to our emotional state, imbalanced in the technological state.

The Spiritual Raping as I call it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Really Ms Green... it's Bruce Here (IronMan), the
fault maybe that something real and sinister, but
earth-bound happened and you're 'blocking out'
the facts... possibly.

I suggest, that..... Wooooaah, Crazy Ivan! Conn
Sonar, make a hole.
Sorry about that, with this car following us, Ramius
spun the van and set off the other way.

Russian captains sometime turn suddenly to see
if anyone's behind them. We call it "Crazy Ivan."

Heh Vasili... you out there? give your captain a ping,
one ping only please.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

...Ping! By the way thanks to Ramius and that last Crazy Ivan,
we have just lost cabin pressure.

And you ain't Captain Walker. You're the guy who carries
Mr. Dead in his pocket. But damn it, listen to me.
I'm older and wiser. These things are damn smart!
And they're getting smarter by the minute! Bowling averages
are way up and Mini-golf scores are way down.

From now on, all those with shaved heads: "Space Monkeys"

And if possible could you guys look for another shoe?
Thanks, I really appreciate it...

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Vasili OH BOY Borodin]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasili OH BOY Borodin

It's wrong Vasili... just plain wrong. I know what happened
in 'Nam, but you should be over it now.

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...
Look up, you see the silhouette waving in the back of
the van... that's me, you're not alone.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ramius has decided to turn the Ice Cream van East.
After a quick chat, Ripley, Vance, myself and Newt,
have voted that we check out The Rendlesham incident.

We're comin' to the UK, Ms Green or as I like to say...
"You wanna drink to your leg? I'll drink to your leg
So we'll drink to our legs!"

Full throttle Mr. Hooper.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Listen. Since I've met you I've nearly been incinerated,
drowned, shot at, and chopped into fish bait.
We're caught in the middle of something sinister here
and until I'm sure, I'm going to continue to do things
the way I think they should be done.

Does anyone understand a word I'm saying here?

I was just remembering tho, the last time we had a quiet drink
together. I had a milkshake.

Mmmm Milkshake

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I know, I know... it comes off as you're the second-class
guy on this troop (with an e?) but really... truly, you're
the guy who can see the train before it hits us, you're
the loose cannon that'll keep us safe Vasili.
Anyway, worst-comes-to-worst, Ripley will show you the
Picadilly circus. You love llamas and elephants don't you?

We've got the address, it's EXACTLY London, England.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ok, so we'll go to London but first, well, I'm putting these chickens
in crates, and stacking them right here. Jim's job is to make sure
we always have plenty of watermelons.

Piccadilly Circus tho! Wow, what a sh*tty circus, there's no animals
or clowns! What a ripoff! People need to be entertained,
they need the distraction. I wish to God that someone would be
able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes.

But I feel great! You guys are great.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I really do think you two are completely mad..mad but great entertainment..why would any one take a crate of chickens on an alien hunt?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone

Everything is made of this molecular matter and the greatest part of this matter is space so the greatest part of you and me is space.The force applied in this space affects the movement of these atoms starts a chain reaction in these molecules resulting in what you see in this solid material
world.
The crux is the wave force what is it.?
Nuclear scientists experimenting with atoms have noted forces behaving as they shouldnt non explainable.
My theory is that thought forming is something to do with this molecular space force
lower density has a slower less vibrational thought wave form which prevents such activities as levitation teleportation etc.
Everything is more solid and slower within molecular matter.
Once the thought form becomes more intelligent the vibration increases every object becomes faster lighter (THE QUICKENING)
The grays have an understanding of this molecular space and at this time we dont.
ignorance leads to fear knowledge leads to awakening.

Do you think we appear very different to them in our vibration? Would we appear as very slow then? People do not report a quickening/speeding up when abducted do they? Often a noise is heard when moving up these vibrations, I have heard a very loud noise once almost like a static jet engine above my house, is this the quickening?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

You are terrified of the Greys because that is the closet that is closed to mankind but out in the open in our own society. Look at our society are we not the ZETA TERRANS.

Closed off to our emotional state, imbalanced in the technological state.

The Spiritual Raping as I call it.

Yes I agree it is closed off to mankind and should not be.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think the "fear" for outer space species (I do not say grays or anything, as there are no proven facts such exist) is similar what we have when we face a large spider. Despite cultural differences, the acrachnophobia exist everywhere. I think the "fear" what we would have would resemble similar as seeing a huge spider.

Why we as humans would react this way? I don't know, and I doubt anyone else knows either. Fear is a form of self-defense, a biological way for humans as species to survive. Wonder what to make out of it.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am beggining to wonder if this fear I have has been programmed into me by other sources. I fear the Grays because thats what I have been told, I have been told at some sub level to fear something I havent even seen. This I am starting to find strange, yes I fear a very large spider but I have seen a spider and can imagine how this would appear.

Why make me fear something I have never seen? So that when I eventually do see it I will run in terror, I will reject it as a devil, something that means me harm when really I have no base for this conclusion.

No I will not fear these Grays anymore not unless I physically see them and feel them harming me. Fear is a negative energy, one that I reject on all levels.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I didn't see it stated in the thread, but there's a lot of discusion, so forgive me if I missed it. Anyway, my friend and I believe that we are afraid of them due to evolution. Just as we are afraid of spiders and snakes. We feel that it is a memory stored in our genes somehow, which is aiding in survival. Of course, it's all projection, but I definitely think they look terrifying. I can deal with vampires, demons, werewolves, any hollywood/nightmare creation, but greys just have an air of wrongness around them. I imagine it's like what H.P. Lovecraft described when seeing stuff from the Elder gods, just wrong but you're not sure why.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join