It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for posters from Mainland China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

I knew what you mean
Just busting some balls here, never done that to monkeys
Just kidding.

But you might notice that I seldomly replied a Chinese in any threads. Dunno, normally I don't see those posts at all, hard to decypher bad English when my English is already so bad.

Hmmm, today I feel so much better. Weird.

Seriously, just missed certain posts here, and not always reading everything I encounter, which I most likely should. Hey, but I am just a human being here. And you already addressed good points about that warrior comment and ignorance!
After all I do believe China was throughout history a civilization with long period of relative internal peace and emphasis on family-orientation etc, but we always got stronger in defending ourselves from "barbarians" and so on with new war technology and warrior spirits. It figures to think about that we rather build a Great Wall defending the country, instead of using the same resources to go on expedition and exterminate all invading/agressive tribes. Because after all, to build a strong army is for protection purposes in the first place. So is he exactly right? Mwah, but we can't say he is exactly wrong. The reason I know he/she is a Chinese, does make me understand why he would claim that we are not a warrior civilization, because I mostlikely know his reasoning. However, this is hardly called ignorance? Hmmm, maybe, who to say. It might turn out to be a discussion of yes we are, no we are not.

But what is the use for holding me accountable and pointing out that I do not response to a Chinese poste once in awhiler? Let's focus on the actual debate instead, would we?

[edit on 22/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join