It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi President Rules Out Anti-Iran Allegations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Iraqi President Rules Out Anti-Iran Allegations

www2.irna.com

President of Iraq Jalal Talabani Friday evening ruled out the US allegations against Iran and alleged involvement in sending weapons to Iraq.

Iran has so far brokered a ceasefire between the Iraqi government and al-Mahdi Army.

"That is not called interference, that is a help for Iraq to resolve its problems,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It seems like even Iraq's puppet government are seeing through the charade and not swallowing the US propaganda any longer. But where is the American media when stories like this are coming to light? They can't claim this is not interesting or important - this is the Iraqi President himself, denouncing US claims of Iran supplying weapons and interfering in Iraq, and praising Iran for their help to stabilize the country...

www2.irna.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This isn't going to help the current propaganda campaign against Iran... oops.
I have a feeling it's not going to be widely reported

Unfortunately for the creeps who engineered this war, Iraq's Shia majority has cultural and religious ties to Iran that are much stronger than our attempts at coercing obedience through force.

After all how much gratitude can we really expect from people whose country we bombed into chaos and then mismanaged into a horrifying civil war?

[edit on 5/17/08 by xmotex]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Back to the drawing board Bush.
What's the next bit of dirt going to be? Ahmadinejad's father was an SS member?

The sheer desperateness displayed by Washington to try and dig up any bit of dirt on Iran to smear them in the public mind I find absolutely laughable. They have stopped nothing of short of personal attacks on their head of state: all those anti-semitic allegations, and that he could of been a hostage taker in 1979, I mean what the hell is this, a tabloid?
At least Iran isn't taking any cheap shots and resorting to baseless name-calling.

But sadly a large majority of people still see Iran a some sort of "Clear & Present" danger, like Iraq was "supposed" to be.
You would think after realizing all these allegations surrounding Ahmadinejad have been debunked or proven to be complete fabrications, people would realize the only ones making all these claims about controversial statements are the Western-backed propaganda outlets...

There is absolutely no proof or substantial evidence Iran is arming the Shiite sectarians in Iraq. All the US Military rumors and allegations of state-sponsored terrorism are just that: Rumors.

Iraq's Government says they have yet to see any evidence:

"We don't have that kind of evidence... If there is hard evidence we will defend the country."

Yahoo News

British Intel have yet to see any evidence:

"I have not myself seen any evidence -- and I don't think any evidence exists -- of government-supported or instigated" armed support on Iran's part in Iraq, British Defense Secretary Des Browne said in an interview in Baghdad in late August.

Washington Post

The US has yet to display any public evidence, first-hand knowledge, Intel or anything that could prove these allegations which they repeat like prayer. They got nothing on Iran and they know it:

The officials offered no evidence to substantiate allegations that the "highest levels" of the Iranian government had sanctioned support for attacks against U.S. troops. Also, the military briefers were not joined by U.S. diplomats or representatives of the CIA or the office of the Director of National Intelligence.

Although the administration has made many assertions about Iran's nuclear program, its role in Iraq and its ties to groups on the State Department's terrorism list, the U.S. government has never publicly offered evidence proving the allegations.

Washington Post

Here's 5 other credible sources who've all reached the above consensus:

Daily Star
World News
Herald Tribune
GlobalPolicy.org
MSNBC

Yet still, the Hawks are intent on selling this lemon to the America public to justify another revenue-hunt for the oil profiteers in Bush's cabinet.
Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me.

It's wakey-wakey time people, the man who cried wolf about Iraq is howling again about Iran and nobody seems to be cottoning onto the fact it's utter bullsh*t.

[edit on 17/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is just crazy.

Why on Earth would you believe this story since it originated in Iran from their official news agency located in Tehran for goodness sakes.

"The Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) was established in 1934 by the Foreign Ministry of Iran as the country's official national news outlet.

Why would you believe the enemies propaganda? You are falling right into their delusions. Please try and think for yourself instead of spewing the extreme liberal agenda and foreign propaganda.

Sorry, but if you call this a legit news source then I guess you are to far gone for me to talk some sense into you.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Then how about reading my post? Or did you purposely ignore it because you can't face the facts?

I gave you 8, America news media and other related sources who also state Iran is not arming Shiite Militias.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Then how about reading my post? Or did you purposely ignore it because you can't face the facts?

I gave you 8, America news media and other related sources who also state Iran is not arming Shiite Militias.

Get real!
For starters, most of the links are using the same story to write their article so it's not like you have 8 different sources. They are sourcing the same story.
Secondly, if you read further down in one of the articles, it states:
"The Iraqi delegation was said to have carried documents and other material implicating the Quds Force in supplying weapons and training Shiite fighters.

U.S. military officials have said the evidence includes caches of weapons that have date stamps showing they were produced in Iran this year — including mortars, rockets and armor-piercing roadside bombs known as explosively formed penetrators, or EFPs."

The Iraq government is just putting on a political front because they do not want to stir the pot. The article clearly says the Iraq delegation carried documents and other material implicating Iran. That sure sounds like evidence to me. Another point is that the U.S. will not share all intelligence info with the Iraq government for the fear of it being compromised.

Lastly, I saw your links especially because you seem to put them into evey thread you post in. I did not reply because you have posted nothing that is useful.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well do you have any evidence to disprove those claims?
Apart from one dubious statement which says the US "claims to have evidence"?

Or do you expect people to take the word of someone who claims every anti-American article must be propaganda seriously

The Bush Admin also "claimed" Iraq had WMD's and Saddam could launch a chemical attack on America soil within 45 minutes notice...
I don't buy facts from pathological liars, you want to, fine by me... Ignorance is bliss they say.

Lastly, I saw your links especially because you seem to put them into evey thread you post in.

Yeah likewise.
I put them in this thread because it's completely relevant and further disproves these baseless allegations.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Well do you have any evidence to disprove those claims?
Apart from one dubious statement which says the US "claims to have evidence"?

Come on, you know there are numerous articles which state my case and I'm sure you have read them. Stop playing these little games.

Or do you expect people to take the word of someone who claims every anti-American article must be propaganda seriously

It's better than taking the word of someone who claims every anti-American article must be true especially when it's from Iran. It's really sad how you latch onto the Iranian propaganda.

The Bush Admin also "claimed" Iraq had WMD's and Saddam could launch a chemical attack on America soil within 45 minutes notice...
I don't buy facts from pathological liars, you want to, fine by me...

Tired same old baseless argument....Bush lied.

You know he did not lie. He only said what the U.S. and British intelligence services told him.
BTW, Saddam did use chemical weapons on his own people so don't tell me he did not have any. Another point is that Saddam probably did have WMD but get rid of them before the war.

Ignorance is bliss they say.

One day you will hopefully wake up.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Come on, you know there are numerous articles which state my case and I'm sure you have read them. Stop playing these little games.

No I don't know. Show me. I've read literally scores of articles to the contrary.

It's better than taking the word of someone who claims every anti-American article must be true especially when it's from Iran. It's really sad how you latch onto the Iranian propaganda.

Because the word of the Bush Administration is so much more plausible...

"We don't condone torture."
"Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda were in cahoots."
"Stop asking questions about 9/11."
"All options are on the table."

You know he did not lie. He only said what the U.S. and British intelligence services told him.

He knew he was being fed horse sh*t, he choose to accept it so it could bolster support for his revenue hunt for the neck-deep-in-Oil Republicans.
Either way you admit the Intel was flawed.

Saddam did use chemical weapons on his own people so don't tell me he did not have any. Another point is that Saddam probably did have WMD but get rid of them before the war.

Uh you think? Of course he HAD them, America supplied him with the necessary precursors and equipment to make them, along with a whole host of other military hardware; knowing full well he was at war and planning to crush the Kurdish rebellion.

And you other point has also been debunked to death as well, he didn't send them to Syria, nor did the UN Inspectors find anything to warrant the claim "he had WMD's". He destroyed them throughout the 1990's in accordance with UN/US mandates and sanctions.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.ft.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Open your mind. Stop blocking out anything that challenges your stubborn views. It's like some part of the Republican brain just cannot comprehend the words "proof" or "evidence".

top topics

join