It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your internet connection got worse since joining ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeh I agree...this wasnt a complaint against ATS, more to do with how we get to ATS in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Its weird seeing this thread, because i've been reading ATS for a while now and today signed up, having done so my internets gone downhill! I think this thread jynxed it or something lol!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
When I logon to ATS I keep getting a clicking sound and discounted from Party Poker.

If I logon only to Party Poker no problem then open web go to soccers no problem switch to ATS and instantly click click click disconnect. Then Slower party poker.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

Cant believe it man, Just read it, Agreed with it and clicked post-page crashed internet crashed- mental
Im on amates computer as staying with her for few days and since ive created a new account, cant access old one, dont know whay, everytime i am on here its crashing pages when i post and wireless keeps dropping out, not being normal as she said doesnt normally happen and she is always on these sort of sites, not necessarily here like, but agree with what your saying lol, been crashing few days here and she'll be glad when im gone i bet you, sounds like some people could lose business over it so ouch

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
cannot currently get ATS to accept my password.
"himself" posting 'anon' as only way to post currently.

GLAD you posted this topic!
It is not just me!

Posting from the colonies/usa/peoples' republic

My dial-up connection used to be 56Kx2 till our dear dubya's peeps took over.
Since then it's usually about 16k-28k
Phone line is blamed by my several ISPs

I think it's just because US and Brit NWO administrations hired politically reliable people who know nothing about how to spy on everyone without messing things up abominably.

I got online once a month back at 128K, so I know they were lying about bad phone line.
Phone line specifically installed for dialup btw

High speed internet not available here.

I find when typing criticism of conservatives/Labor or Obama, I suddenly lose my internet connection and have to redial

It comes wierdly when am typing/not posting criticism of dubya/Blair/Obama or others I believe are NWO.

Co-inky-dink?
Paranioa sez no!

Kissinger said "Even paranoids have enemies"

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

was this wedding up north east way? if so was it guy with initial A and bride initial C?? as I was meant to go to one too lol, that would be weird coincidence....

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Lol....no mate. It as an A and an A so close...my heads a bit better now!

Bt are booked into a re-visit tomorrow, but knowing them they will probably not turn up.....i will let you know the outcome.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So, for those who still think it might be ATS's fault (for whatever reason), you believe that ATS is only targeting certain members....and why?

Because I guess I dont see how ATS can slow down *some* members and not others? Because im one of those members - not affected.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
that would have been weird coincidence, when you said wedding last night I wondered if was same one as they are from your neck of woods lol, and was close on A.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Shortly after joining ATS four months ago, I did notice some sluggishness but then I got re-directed to "Page not found" and error 404 messages. Then before I could contribute, I could not access my account. Further, I can not even open a new account.

This may have to do with my credentials and history. As it is now I am glad to see the anonymous option but don't expect me to bring anything of substance to the site as it is clear that it will be stopped.

I have tried to no avail to alert the mods, but my messages seem to go nowhere. It may be for the best however as there are plenty of readily debunkable "cracks" here that relate much more eliquently anything I could say. The fact that I am not so readily debunked stands to show me that powers would rather not have my input here. It doesn't change the truth. It's just easier for them to deny.

IMPULSE1ZERO1

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have never had any problems with my internet connection and Ive been coming here around 2 years, in fact the only computer that I do have b/w issues with is my sons and only when he plays WoW..

here is my latest speed test, my isp is RR

Last Result:
Download Speed: 10308 kbps (1288.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 492 kbps (61.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nothing special for me up & down rates haven't slowed down.

May i ask, to the ones whom experienced slowness, crashes or whatever weird stuff "possibly linked" to ATS, what provider u got & what firewall are you using & do you use a http proxy.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
So, for those who still think it might be ATS's fault (for whatever reason), you believe that ATS is only targeting certain members....and why?

Because I guess I dont see how ATS can slow down *some* members and not others? Because im one of those members - not affected.

Hi Greeney,

My post wasnt related to ATS causing the problems. Well not directly anyway. Its more to do with ATS members I suppose. Is it possible organisations can intercept our information that we post just to keep tabs on us? i dont think ATS is causing the problems (if they exist) but because we access this site it may mean that the regular poster who can be responsible for enlightening others, may end up getting monitored by big brother. Wether the interception is at ATS or at your ISP - I dunno.

As I said, maybe its just a conspiracy theory that carries no weight, but its worth a chat about.

I think the thread should have been called - Has any ATS members experienced problems with their internet connection since joining?

D

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My internet has always been junk even before ATS.
The only problem I have is every once and awhile the Internet Explorer on my laptop will have a pop up that says it has encountered an error and must close. It doesn't happen with my desktop. Personally, I think it's because I have Vista
or at least need to add or update something.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by qxlb52

I've defragmented and reworked my hard drive 8 times now and something keeps blowing through my Firefox, Norton Anti-V, and ISP security pop-up blocker software. On certain issues of ATS I've been thrown off the net altogether with the same anonymous IE error. My email system was affected for a while after I received an email from ATS (a "thank you" for contact) and my mail wouldn't fully load.

Someone, something, or both, has been trying hard to load me up and its not after I post to a certain topic but BEFORE I even touch a key! Its almost like my computer knows what I'm about to enter on a subject. That said, and before I possibly get thrown off again, here's the list of subjects: UFOs, Area 51, Dulce Base, Obama (pro and con), Conservatives (con), Liberals (pro), the Iraq War (con), and any religious thread that WOULD involve my opinion. If I state facts on the last one I'm okay.

But this is becoming an issue BEFORE I log in or post, not after. Anybody else bothered by this "knows-all-sees-all-knocks-off" computer problem?

Its sounds like your system has the Virtuamonde virus or one of its children. I had so much trouble with this and, after opted to go for Windows OneCare. Sorted it right out.

Now back to the topic. Any time I leave the computer idle while on ATS it comes up with a message telling me that the server takes too long to respond. The page freezes. Strange.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Update.

Ok, so BT turned up again today do some more diagnostics.

They have said the line is perfectly fine and that I should be receiving 6.5mb opposed to the 1mb im getting. So who knows what the hell is going on. They advised to change my CPE again - no chance as i know the CPE is fine, its been changed once and the line has been check with another router.

Anyway, ATS isnt a broadband forum so im going leave at that for now.

I just thought it was an interesting topic if anyone else had had some crappy broadband experiences since joining this site.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wow this topic pops up so often now. People stop and think for a minute. Some of you give your yourselves far too much credit and you go beyond the realm of standard paranoia. Do you honestly believe that the gov't gives a rats butt what you post on a conspiracy site. Unless you are posting sensitive material the typical rant is anecdotal at best.

The strong majority who are encountering some form of uber mysterious slow downs are more than likely their own worst victims. The lack of general PC knowledge and rudimentary networking skills simply amplifies the problem. Keep in mind that winblows XP SP3 has been rumoured to have random reboots which also seems to be a factor amongst a slew of other potential problems.

Bottom line. Your not being "scoped out" just get over it. If your uplink were subject to monitoring you wouldn't even know it because it would be performed without any latency impact. Using traceroute to determine how your packets are routing only shows a brief glimpse but again you would not know your traffic is being monitored. Link speeds are extremely subjective for general surfing so naturally people get their panties in a knot when its just plain common sense. Lastly I'm willing to bet that a lot of those encountering problems are probably bit torrenters. Many ISP's use DPI (deep packet inspection)now to throttle this type of traffic and in some cases they may well throttle more than just torrent flows when detected, who knows.

I will say that the amount of eye candy on this site (ads) may play a small part but there are ways of dealing with that if one chooses.

brill

[edit on 19-5-2008 by brill]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Hi Brill...good post. As I said from the beginning I'm technical enough to understand networks and I sell them for a living...well not as much as I used to since joining ATS.

Your generally right, inspection would probably be carried out at carrier level and we wouldnt know much about it. But as I said I wasnt sure if this was common to ATS members or not.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to add something that may be helpful.
As I said above my laptop had no bandwidth issues on ATS or anywhere else but my sons desktop was having problems.
I initially thought that it was only during the game World of Warcraft but after weeks of hearing him whine about the lag I decided to get on it and see what was up, it turned out that it lagged everywhere else to but he only noticed on his game.
I performed a speed test and the result was about 3000 down and 128 or so up, which is about 1/3 of what I get on my laptop.
I'm a former network engineer but this thing had me stumped for the last couple of days, I knew that it was a virus but none of the virus appz I tried could pinpoint my problem.
Finally I stumbled on a post in a forum that gave the name of a AV program that I had never heard of before, so with nothing to lose, I found it and downloaded it.
The programs name is AVAST and after running it and rebooting I performed a speed test, this is the results..

Last Result:
Download Speed: 10474 kbps (1309.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1031 kbps (128.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

The program comes out of the Czech Republic, which made me a little wary at first
lol j/k

You can dl it at Cnet, the home edition gives you a 60 day demo but if you like it, keys arent hard to find..

Avast

hope it helps

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join