It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phantom Bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
About two years ago there was an article in the newspaper about a mysterious phantom plane. It had been seen two years before, and it had recently had a few sightings. Now, this year, I have seen it twice. But it was rather strange. The first time i saw it, it came out from behind some houses, then went behind some more. But, as soon as it dissappeared behind the house, it reappeared from behind the other house again. I wasnt sure whether it was the phantom bomber or just two planes. But, yesterday, i was in my physics end-of-year exam, when something caught my eye. There was a plane, practically level with me (and i was only 1 floor up) flying way too low. I thought it was going to crash. Then it dissapeared behind some trees. And suddenly, it reappeared again. Thats when i realised, it was a military plane, it was grey, it wasn't making any noise. Just the same as the last time. just the same as described by everyone else who saw it.

Has anyone else seen this? Its around Yorkshire/Lancashire area. Please tell me if you have or if you know anything about this.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Have you any other information regarding this vessel?

Like, a better description of the shape, size etc...

Look forward to hearing more.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Mr Gunter]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It looked like a Lancaster Bomber. Except it made no noise (they usually make a big racket), it was all gray and it flew may to low. I thought it was going to crash, because it was still going even lower. It would have crashed if it wasnt a phantom plane.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, There has been many sightings of whats called Ghost planes or Phantom planes,

And its interesting that you also seen them,

What you need to do is look in to your area, Look back at the history and there may be some interesting storys about your town and planes, or crashes,

Also take a look at pictures of old planes ect and see if you can possible spot the one you believe that your seen,

That way you may be able to piece together something,

[edit on 10-8-2008 by asala]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I think there was supposed to be a plane in Barnoldswick that had to make an emergency landing, but I don't know wether it made it or not. It was a lancaster Bomber, which the one i saw was. Oh yeah, and did i mention, there's only two intact Lancaster Bombers left in the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If you read the book "Ghosts of the Air" by Martin Caidin, it describes SEVERAL incidents in the U.K. involving phantom Lancaster bombers as well as other aircraft near and around your area, I highly recomment picking it up or using Google Books(it's in there, most of it) to find out more information. It's an excellent book, it gives descriptions as to the pilots/incidents involved which cause these plantom planes to appear in full detail as to names, missions, etc. Once again, I highly recommend it if you want to find out more information about your case. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join