It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Ask FBI to Explain Flawed 'National Security Letter' to Internet Archive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Senators Ask FBI to Explain Flawed 'National Security Letter' to Internet Archive

blog.wired.com

A bipartisan group of U.S. senators is asking FBI head Robert Mueller to explain why the feds sought records from the Internet Archive, a digital library, using a controversial administrative subpoena known as a National Security Letter, which is intended for a communications service providers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok, lets all get acquainted with the "internet archive"

It's a website that has been downloading as much of the internet as it could possibly hold for as long as it's been around.

Here is what ATS looked like in it's infancy:
(i've edited this post because ATS doesn't seem to like links to the web archive, copy and paste the following into your address bar and remove the spaces between each character)

h t t p : / / w e b . a r c h i v e . o r g / w e b / 1 9 9 9 0 1 2 5 0 9 2
9 4 3 / h t t p : / / w w w . a b o v e t o p s e c r e t . c o m /

Copy and paste that into your address bar.

Or visit Microsoft's site from 1996:

h t t p : / / w e b . a r c h i v e . o r g / w e b / 1 9 9 6 1 0 2 0 0 1 4
0 4 4 / h t t p : / / w w w . m i c r o s o f t . c o m /

Or perhaps the White House's webpage from 96

Here is what I'm getting at here:
The website has information archived in it's system that the government doesn't want us to know about.

Archived Al-Qaeda websites?
Archived FBI websites?
Archived CIA websites?
Mossad? KGB?
Archived Boeing websites?

Whatever is on those servers, they don't want us to find.
Now lets dig through those servers before they get taken offline!!!!! The community on this board can do this.. I'm going to start archiving the archive. I suggest you do the same. Please post anything interesting you find.

It's a grassroots team effort.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by gopher mines]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I was going to start storing satelliete images from NASA satellietes, but it seems that the FBI beat me to the punch lol.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm serious here, the government wants that site shut down, and all we have to figure out is why.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
explain for me how to look into the gov't type files,,,,,i don't quite follow but would like to do a little digging,like u said,,,

computer illiterate i am,,,obviously!!!

thanx

new topics

top topics

join