It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Article: IP Address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have posted a new article on IP addresses my first one. Hope to add more tonight, but how do I put them in categories?

IP Address

Thanks

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
jhill76,

Congratulations. I think it's very appropriate to have an entry for "IP address" in tinWiki, for several reasons. You have made an important improvement of tinWiki with your contribution. I want to offer two minor style comments: the normal headers (with two equal signs on either side) get underlined automatically, so one doesn't need to put in the underline manually; and, adding an asterisk at the beginning of each line in a list (for example a list of links) will make it a bullet list. These are just minor style issues, though.

To answer your question, then: To place an article in a category, simply place a link to that category anywhere in the wiki code; you see, categorizations will automatically appear at the bottom of the article, no matter where in the wiki code you place the link. Still, it's common to place the category codes at the very end. A list of categories is here. Example of categorization:

[[category:Conspiracy Theories]]

Keep up the good work.

Optimist

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks! I plan to become an editor. Also, one last question. I have an extensive computer background and want to add alot of computer related articles, but I think it is more geared to conspiracy related articles, would I be wrong in adding terminology about computers?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76 I have an extensive computer background and want to add alot of computer related articles, but I think it is more geared to conspiracy related articles, would I be wrong in adding terminology about computers?

I think computer related articles could be quite helpful. For example, the ip address article you wrote. At first glance, it might seem that it doesn't have relevance to tinWiki. However, since an ip address identifies you, it brings up all kinds of concerns about privacy and alot more. So it is indeed very relevant.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Thanks. I will try to keep it geared to those types of issues. Also, how do we earn points on ATS since its on another site?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just awarded you 10,000 points for your entry.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

THANKS!! Sorry, one last question. Also, when we reach 10 articles and want to become an editor will you automatically know or shall we notify you?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hey man, great work. I dont think it is 10 articles any more, i think its when Optimist and WOS think that you are ready, im sure one of those two will post up to clarify it though, Good article...

Fox

top topics

join