It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat people contribute to global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fat people contribute significantly more to global warming then phisically fit people, because of the need to burn extra fuel to carry them and their food around. Not only that, no one seems to have any "time" these days to spend a mere 20 minutes at the gym and burn some fat.

If you have the time to spend 5 hours watching american idol, them use the commercial breaks to run on the treadmill atleast. If you dont want to make an effort to stay in shape, then you deserve whats coming to you.

/end rant.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Great, another generalized hateful post pointed towards overweight people.

Anyways, even if it does take what I am sure is a very tiny amount of extra fuel in our cars, it still doesn't compare to the big gas hog SUV's or better yet, these factories that you see spilling out harmful gasses from their smoke stacks into the air on a daily basis.

However if we do go by your theory that fat people seem to sit and watch American idol all day, then we aren't out using fuel now are we. Come on get real, I don't spend any more, and probably less on gas than many of my skinny friends.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
hmmm

If you are at the gym..there is a good chance you DROVE there.

If you are working out at the gym, good chance you are BURNING calories, raising your own body temperature, therefore increasing thermal output.
Converting more oxygen into CO2 with each breath.

Anyway..I would venture to guess that active people are bigger contributors.
Or it's pretty much even.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I bike to my gym. sometimes I walk there. and I make dam sure I atleast break a sweat before i leave.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I used to run to my gym but yeah I agree fat people do contribute to global warming more so than others. My theory is that their gravitational pull is causing the sun to get closer and closer.
PS. Good thing there is no such thing as global warming people, it's just summertime.

top topics

join