It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chairman says Texas CPS workers mistreated FLDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Chairman says Texas CPS workers mistreated FLDS

deseretnews.com

John Kight is determined to get the word out that Child Protective Services in Texas is out of control. As chairman of an organization that provided mental health workers to assist FLDS children and mothers taken from the YFZ Ranch, he spoke with the Texas governor's office Tuesday and has already spoken with state legislators.

"We don't condone what they say went on out there (at the ranch), but we're just aghast at the methods they used to go out there and take the kids away from their mothers," Kight said. "We want him (Texas Gov. Rick Perry) to hear first hand what went on, ... how abusive CPS was and how they've trampled all over their rights."

Eleven employees of the Hill Country Community Mental Health-Mental Retardation Center recently provided written reports of their experiences at the request of the regional governing board. Each expressed frustration — and some anger — at how CPS treated the children.

After hearing about their experiences at the makeshift shelters last month in San Angelo, Kight said he and the board felt the need to do something
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't care if the parents are members of a strange religion. CPS should return those children return those now. The group is only suspected of abuse. CPS are known child abusers.

deseretnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Well the problem is their case was shot down from the begining and they refuse to stop. Every person Ive seen working for CPS looks like a big fat angry man hater. They are pushing their own agenda. I can only hope they all lose their dam jobs over this.

I mean people are proving they arent underage why havent they been released yet? Why have they still been denied due process?
Why does CNN intentionally break the link to their site when they try and speak out?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
CPS mistreats everyone.

They're equal-opportunity offenders.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
To be real honest with you the entire group could have very well been some sort of Mind Control experiment.

MK Ultra/Universities in Tx/DARPA

It exhibits all the symptoms

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

I know full well if CPS was not getting as much attention as they are getting they would be treating the FDLS children much worse. I suspect you are right about what the ladies of CPS are up to. They think that those women are easy to brain wash and they desperately want those women to become carbon copies of themselves. If the FDLS women take the opposite route and marry a few powerful men they could do to the cps nags what Tamarra did to Titus. It will be hard to sell alternative lifestyles to those FDLS women and very few people want to put the fdls women in jail. I hope in the future CPS comes to regret the harsh they have treated the women and children of FDLS.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
have you guys checked out the story on huffingtonpost.com? under the title/posting elissa wall, it is a first hand account by a woman who was forced to marry her own 19 year old first cousin by warren jeffs, founder of this group. there has been abuse. yes texas over reacted and screwed up. forcing girls to marry, and they have, and forcing excess teen boys out of town, which they have done, is abuse. when religion is used in this manner, it is abuse. heck, why don't we leagaize human sacrifice? after all, it is just an expression of religion.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

That would have been more relative if Texas CPS had not been used to punish the most innocent victims of this group. From my sociology classes I know that the best way to build group cohesion is to abuse a whole group. Not that I would join this group but by showing the public crying women and crying children the State of Texas has given this group the best pr it could give them. Even worse a nursing toddler was ripped out of his mothers arms even the cop who did this cried. CPS put that toddler in a stroller and did not feed it for 24 hours. The toddler ended up in the hospital. I wish they would give the children back now before any of the children end up becoming martrys. I hope the chicks book flops for the sake of kids. What CPS is doing is inexcusable.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Human sacrifice is illegal of course unless you happen to work for CPS. Then you can get away with murder and starving an unweaned baby.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

what i read earlier on today at cnn's website is that 2 of the supposed underage pregnant girls being held by cps are in fact 20 or 22 years old not children.
these 2 girls and others claim that their ids were taken away by the authorities and have not been returned but these 2 told them right from the begining that they were not children but none in power would listen.

how can texas continue to hold these 2 ladies as prisoners when they are adults not children or in need of protective custody?

i assume that by the time the girls lawyers are thru suing texas that the state will have to ask washington for disaster relief to bail them out?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

The two women are not even all that young looking. CPS was keeping the women because they were pregnant and CPS wanted to separate the babies from the mothers as soon as they were born. Texas , I think the leads the nation in the adoption of babies. The private adoptions usually tend to be uncoersed but there have been many cases where a pregnant goes into the hospital and the CPS workers confiscate the baby after birth. It's an incredibly evil practice. Most of those who are willing to adopt out a kid choose to adopt out their baby to a rich couple in another state or even from a wealthier country in hopes the child will have a better chance of escaping poverty and ignorance. This leaves very few babies for Texas CPS to adopt out.

The second reason older women are being held as minors is CPS wants to exagerate the number of under age women who are pregant or have had children. Which means there are probably a couple of other young women whom CPS has detained illegally.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
like my wife said with the continuous stream of bad news we have been seeing the last year----she never wants to visit the usa again for fear of being caught up in your governments abuses of its citizens.

it appears like a mexican illegal alien that gets caught in the usa has more rights than an american citizen nowdays.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

When well to do European tourists get caught in the dragnet of CPS , CPS runs away with their collective tales between their legs. Of course , America should be on watch lists everywhere for the child kidnapping antics of CPS. The apologists for CPS are the most despicable people on earth. They want people to believe that CPS is full of sweet Nuns. When in fact CPS is full of former prison matrons who were fired for being cruel towards the inmates. Anyone with character, ends up quitting CPS because it requires people hand over children who might have been abused to people who will undoubtedly abuse the children.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I agree that CPS does great damage to kids and if the kids don't like their arrangement and act out their fear and uncertainty, they will be drugged into submission. I know. I worked in CPS.

However, we cannot ignore the part that the parents play in this tragedy. This case seems to be different, but in most cases, the parents are provided an attorney, the children are provided an attorney. The court orders a treatment plan and the parents have to undergo counseling, drug treatment, drug testing, parenting classes, anger management and a host of other services depending on the case and all of this is done at the taxpayers expense. The kids have treatment plans, too, that involve counseling, activities, tutoring, medical services, etc., again all at the taxpayers expense.

I've worked with these parents and sad to say, the vast majority don't care about their kids enough to follow a treatment plan. I had a mother tell me that drugs were more important to her than her kids and that we could take them from her, because she knew that they'd come back when they turned eighteen. Most aren't that blunt, but their actions speak to that attitude.

It's more than a little creepy when you consider the enormous industry that CPS supports and would for all intents and purposes wither on the vine if CPS was eliminated or even reformed.

When you have that many people whose careers and livelihoods depend on a constant flow of kids into the system, there's going to be a lot of pressure to keep the kids coming. That's why you see so many reactive services rather than proactive services.

Social Workers like to pass out condoms to teenagers because when the kids feel that a condom is a license to have sex, but they are too excited, ignorant, or irresponsible to use them correctly, if at all, the kids that are born to the kids will have a high probability of winding up in CPS. It's an endless cycle.

In the case of the kids in the FLDS, they were already pawns in a sick and perverse system. The FLDS kept a supply of females who were prey to the male leaders of the church who kept an endless supply of kids being born into the system.

Because the law only allows a man to marry one woman, the male church leaders engaged in a some sort of "spiritual marriage" with no legal standing and the mothers went into town to sign up for "welfare" and food stamps, supplying the church with beaucoup d'bucks and by getting these girls to start reproducing young, the flow of bucks just kept on coming.

As for the boys, they weren't much good for the scheme, so they were systematically weeded out as they became young men and became distracting to the young women.

Now, of course, the FLDS kids have been sucked into another system that will benefit from a massive infusion of funds to keep the CPS industry afloat as they provide lawyers, counselors, foster parents (who will want to get the kids diagnosed and drugged as soon as possible so that they can get "special needs" pay for their services), daycare, assessments, and on and on.

It is true that CPS is horrible system, but let us not forget the adults who exploited, abused or neglected the kids that put them in such a horrible situation.

[edit on 2008/5/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

That was an excellent post. It was well though out and poignant. It is sad when CPS has become so corrupt they have even made brain washing religions look like the lesser of two evils. I keep thinking about the good orphan ages our country once had. Catholic orphan ages had a great track record of educating kids and insuring that they grew into independent responsible adults. Although the Nuns could not pamper the kids they made sure the children were neat and comely in appearance. The Nuns took in the children of people who were poor or not in a position to properely care for their children , and when those people were on their feet again the Nuns did not try to hang on to kids.

I think in this case the women and mothers have good qualities that the state is either incapable of recognizing or does not value those qualities. From the pictures the women are all thin and trim. Although not fashionable ,they are well groomed. The children were all clean and well fed. None of the teenage boys looked stunted.The commune was neat and orderly. They grew their own vegetables instead of eating that processsed stuff that is poisoning all of us. Clearly the women have done an excellent job of looking after the children. The kids belong with the women not with some of the scum which has snuck into our foster care system.The best thing to do would be to require that the women and children regularly vistit family therapists to insure that they are not being taken advatage of by the patriarchal nature of the religion.

As far as the men only those who have broken the laws on statutory rape in Texas belong in jail all others should be free and reunited with their children and wives.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

the ladies of this religion wouldn't be caught dead with make up on so i can just imagine how well they would take to themselves or their children being drugged by the state to keep them submissive to their new "masters"

in todays news a trap was set to snare a pediophile that wanted sex with a 13 year old girl----------the pervert thought he was going to meet her and drove 3 hrs to molest her---------when he got to the pre-arranged meeting point the texas troopers were waiting for him.

turns out he is the minister of 1 of texas biggest churches------26 thousand members--------now fair being fair-------why don't they round up all the children of those 26 thousand------for their own protection of course-------or does texas not hold all churches up to the same set of standards and treat them all equally ?????

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

i agree with you------why are the men of this religion not all in prison ?

why are the women and children being punished for what the men are responsible for doing to them?

its not just the actions of the cps which are evil----------its the actions of the judge and court system that are evil

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

interesting that you should mention european tourists-------i have an eu passport-------last fall when my wife and i flew into your boston airport i was detained for approximately 1/2 hr because my pass port although up to date was not sufficient to allow me to enter your country now------i was questioned----where is your visa?answer--------what are you talking about? didn't the airline tell you to get a visa to enter the usa----answer no.
i had to sit on the marble floor as told and fill out a green card to specify where i would be found and for how long--------everyone else on that flight in, was long gone while i filled that out so it was not humiliating but i'm 61 and using up my surpluse gov/military leave before retirment kicks in end of june,so you'd think they'd be a bit more considerate---but no------thankfully we just made our next connection which was almost ready to leave without us.
until this incident all i had to show your people was my military id and that was sufficient now we are all suspect terrorists that might steal your children?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

todays news as found in worldnetdaily.com, concerning the 463 now(was464) children.i have seen no explanation given as to why someone doesn't know how to count that high accurately ?
2 dozen girls/ladies held in "protective" ? custody by the state of texas may be adults------- not children

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Someone needs to answer for the imprisonment of the adult women after confiscating the I.D. stating their correct ages.This is unheard of in this country. Foreigners who have married women beneath the age of 18 should think twice about entering Texas especially if their wives are pregnant. They should probably not come to Texas if their pregnant wives are even as old as 26. Infact Texas should be boycotted by everyone until they halt their civil rights abuses. I say this as a Texan.

top topics

join