It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Somebody Aimed a Gun at Him': Huckabee Makes Shocking Obama Joke at NRA Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

'Somebody Aimed a Gun at Him': Huckabee Makes Shocking Obama Joke at NRA Convention

www.breitbart.tv

"That was Barack Obama, he just tripped off a chair, he's getting ready to speak. Somebody aimed a gun at him and he dove for the floor."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Kind of a strange thing for him to have said.

It seems like the noise in the background just happen by accident, and Huckabee jsut made a joke off the top of his head.

Unless they planned this... but could they be that BOLD?

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Know your audience is likely the culprit.

He was meeting with the NRA, though distasteful it probably got a quite a laugh with that crowd.

Sometimes personal humor is just not quite PC. No big conspiracy here.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That's weird. Was that just Huckabee's "yeeeeaaaaahhhh" moment? He didn't get much of a laugh out of his supporters there with the terrible "joke" if that's all it was.

I wonder more if it was a not-so-veiled threat.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
That's weird. Was that just Huckabee's "yeeeeaaaaahhhh" moment? He didn't get much of a laugh out of his supporters there with the terrible "joke" if that's all it was.

If it's not, it should be. What in the world was he thinking? In what world is a comment like that appropriate?

Also, is this what he really thinks? That Obama has something to fear from an armed man? Who is this armed man? Clinton? Bush? The Republicans? NRA members? Racists who might 'not take kindly' to him being president?

To give him a little credit, maybe he meant it less literally than that, but still, he left the line of good taste WAY over there.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Open mouth....slowly insert foot....make sure you get all of it in there...Begin to swallow more and more as word of this gets out. Expect the KKK to rally behind. Sucks to be Huckabee right now in my opinion.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I dont think a comment like that is going to help his chances at being the VP...

In other Huckabee news, he has become the first person to write a book on thier 2008 Presidential Campiain Story... Expect Rommeny and Guliani to follow soon...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It wasn't funny,it wasn't offensive, it wasn't much of a joke, it was just huckabee's terrible sense of humor....quick witted though i'll give him that.

top topics

join