It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody Knows

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Everybody Knows

www.informationclearinghouse.info

We are under the control of the criminally insane. Cheney has turned the greatest democratic republic ever conceived into a world corporation and anointed himself its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He has supplanted two centuries of protections afforded by the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights with executive orders and secret laws. In their lust for power and riches, Cheney and Bush have managed in just seven grueling, sadistic, morally corrupt years to destroy entire nations, including their own. And they accomplished this in the only way possible. Because we permitted it. Because we lost our moral compass.

So we stand here in the blood-sodden mess of two lost wars. Millions -- millions -- have been displaced, destroyed, dishonored in Cheney's quest for oil. Tens of thousands of our own citizens are injured, maimed -- 4,077 dead -- an entire generation of Americans lost in a depleted uranium wasteland. "So?" Cheney says, "They were all volunteers." He admitted that losing sons or daughters could "be a burden" on families, but reminded us sternly that "the biggest burden" is on the President, who has to send even more to their deaths.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Not a whole lot I can even add to this. It pretty much sums up the nightmare that is in front of us. Most of us know, even if we're afraid to say it outright, that there is something VERY wrong happening to us as a nation. And most of us feel powerless to stop it.

I don't know what it will take to change the course of the very wrong road these tyrants are steering us down...

The whole world is waiting on us to change things IMO.

We're at the crossroads. We can no longer remain neutral nor mill around in confused acceptance of the genocidal madness into which we have been swept. Thomas Jefferson said, "When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil."

Cheney, Bush and their co-conspirators throughout the three branches of government must be removed. Indicted. Convicted. Imprisoned. Voting records of the 435 members of Congress and 33 Senators up for re-election in 2008 must be vetted, and those who do not reflect the will of the people must go. No exceptions. The remaining 17 Senators must either stand or fall on their voting records. If those who are guilty of the same breach of trust as their cohorts refuse to budge, they must be impeached and removed from office.

They have left us with but one choice, and one last chance to make that choice. We have reached a point in the "course of human events" where it is not only our "right but our duty" to throw off this destructive government and institute one which remembers it "derives its just powers from the consent of the governed."

The time has come for Americans to blink. Because the Abyss is staring back at us.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.

If this be treason, make the most of it!

- Patrick Henry

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Not a whole lot I can even add to this. It pretty much sums up the nightmare that is in front of us. Most of us know, even if we're afraid to say it outright, that there is something VERY wrong happening to us as a nation. And most of us feel powerless to stop it.

We are powerless to stop it. It's really that simple. Thank goodness for things like causality:

Conservatives using faulty intelligence to waste money policing Iraq = Libs taking control in November

High gas prices draining our pockets and destroying the planet = More public transportation and fuel efficient cars

So sure individually we are helpless, but our societal machine has self correcting mechanisms

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Gee, with the OP having over a half million points, I am trying to understand the need for yet another highly derivative post on Bush bad, U.S. bad, etc., etc. ... ad nauseum. What is the new information being presented here? How does this qualify as breaking alternative news? What does this make for the number of threads like this - something like 5,247?

[edit on 5/16/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Do you have anything to actually ADD to the thread, or just a pathetic attempt to derail it and talk about "ATS points"?

Instead of just whining and trying to make it personal, how about adding to the discussion and trying to REFUTE it if you don't agree with it?

You can squirt out your pro-gov and pro-war rhetoric as much as you like (and you do), and no one tries to infringe on your rights pal, so stop trying to intimidate others from theirs.

kthxbye

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It is only you that seems to be "squirting out" anything.

I feel my questions are valid and I see questions like it asked all the time when threads don't seem to fit the forum they are opened in. Again, exactly how is a tired rehash of literally thousands of previous Bush/U.S. bashing threads = breaking alternative news? Where is your breaking new information, or does it just somehow make you feel better to keep on on beating an (almost) dead horse?

Show us the new info, or take a chill pill ... Sheesh!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't get it.

How is he the CEO? .. And uh.

How does Iraq "take away" freedoms? .. I am lost on this.

And how has he single handedly dismantled the constitution? Did I miss something?

How was an "entire generation lost" in this war?

I can understand having differing politics but this seems extreme.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Dead horse huh? Guess what homie, these issues are affecting us RIGHT NOW.

Just because you choose to turn your head the other way, plug your ears and go "La-La-La" any time someone speaks out against your heroes, don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

This article was JUST RELEASED, and it is VERY pertinent to the issues that THOSE OF US CONCERNED are trying to expose.

You don't like it? Tough. I will expose these criminals EVERY SINGLE DAY. I will not sit back like you and just say "it's a dead horse, just ignore it and pretend everything's cool". The more of a spotlight that is shown on these criminals, the more often, the better.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would just like to interject here. I am not an American citizen, I live in northern Europe, and would like to ask what has happened to the 'American way', being the best you can, standing up for what is 'right' and standing up for people who have been wronged?

Just try and remember that there is no control, only the illusion of control....... but sadly, it is that very illusion that controls us all.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In the defense of republicans, I will say that losing 4-5k troops in a war is extremely small from a historical perspective.

Also, if we don't do business with religious fundamentalists or commies we would have no choice but to drill for oil on our own land.

Without oil, many of the things we take for granted today would not be possible.

The baffling thing about Iraq though is that there are no WMD's so I'm still unclear on what the ultimate goal is?

If we are going to fire up the printing press and spend it all in Iraq, why not spend it within our own borders? To me it would make more sense. You can't convince me that trying to change an entire culture of millions of people is going to happen within a few years! Wouldn't those resources be better spent here on US soil?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
DemnisionalDetective has one agenda and that is to hang out on a half dozen highly biased anti-American sites and to transfer highly distorted opinion pieces spewing the same old hate speech in an infinite number of aggregates of words.

No thinking. No analysis. Nothing that made the news portal what it was in its heyday. Just copy and paste and spout a few epithets about our elected leaders that have been uttered ad nauseum.

Nothing new. Nothing breaking. Just day-old propaganda.

It's a disgrace, but no one seems to care, despite occasional promises to clean up this swill bucket.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Dead horse huh? Guess what homie, these issues are affecting us RIGHT NOW.

Just because you choose to turn your head the other way, plug your ears and go "La-La-La" any time someone speaks out against your heroes, don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

This article was JUST RELEASED, and it is VERY pertinent to the issues that THOSE OF US CONCERNED are trying to expose.

You don't like it? Tough. I will expose these criminals EVERY SINGLE DAY. I will not sit back like you and just say "it's a dead horse, just ignore it and pretend everything's cool". The more of a spotlight that is shown on these criminals, the more often, the better.

I never said I was a Bush supporter now, quite the contrary.

It's a "dead horse" because even if it's a "new" article, it's still the same old "news" in your "new" article that you used to create this "breaking news" thread. Do you really believe that posting the same info on ATS a thousand times is going to make any difference in what the people in Washington DC, actually do? Even if you somehow do feel that what you post here makes a difference, then please post it in one of the political fora such as Political Ideologies or maybe Politicians and People, instead of Breaking Alternative News.

BTW, hope you're not getting yourself all worked up to the point of name-calling ...

[edit on 5/16/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Well I disagree, I think Dimensional detective is actually trying to make a difference and actually make people realise the things you are so vehemently denying!

God damn it!

What he is saying is absolutely true and the reason it still continues is because too many people like you just wrap yourself in yesterdays patriotism, too busy thinking about yesterdays glories instead of seeing the absolute nightmare that has spread across the planet as a result of a handful of terrible decisions by the greedy elite.

I myself have quoted similar things, but because I'm from the UK, i get tagged with the 'nauseating' title of being 'anti-american?', when actually the reason people like me and the others actually want you to sort your country out, is because generally America is a decent place, it has helped the world in many, many different ways and we don't want to see its decay!!!

And to see you people fall so blindly into the abyss is just sad.

You guys will be the reason people will be saying R.I.P America, whilst the people who actually tried to stand up for the common folk, will be nothing more than a fleeting memory.

These people in charge are CRIMINALS, what will it take to wake you up?
Your children being micro chipped, zombified on antidepressants and sent to fight unqestionably for a greedy man's cause?

That seems to be the American way these days!

[edit on 16-5-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It is only true in relation to his own politics.

I have seen no "negative" consequence of the war, and for people to say loosing 4.07k people is "a lot" is .. unusual and hard to understand.

However, on my beliefs the war, for all it's faults, helped the economy and thus the American people.

Of course, you will say that I am wrong and you are right and your views are better then mine.

To each his own, but I don't like it when someone of one political ideology tells me his views are right above all others.

Just don't get all self righteous on me now.

Spamed propaganda won't change my politics.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

However, on my beliefs the war, for all it's faults, helped the economy and thus the American people.

I have to ask just how the wars have helped the U.S. economy?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hey, vice versa! Folks like Grady and Centurion pounding their war drums, cheering their gov heroes on with pom-poms, and screaming at everyone who doesn't bow down and kiss the feet of their idols as "america haters" isn't going to change my stances either. I KNOW what's being done to me and those I care for by these criminals, and no amount of kool-aid, flag-waving rhetoric or insults is going to stop me from speaking out against what I know is wrong.

Just as they are free to spam up every thread with views I do not agree with, so am I free to speak the counterpoints to it.

We don't have to agree on a SINGLE thing, but you will never see me trying to intimidate these people into not posting their views, the way they do to others.

peace

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Folks like Grady and Centurion pounding their war drums, cheering their gov heroes on with pom-poms, and screaming at everyone who doesn't bow down and kiss the feet of their idols as "america haters" isn't going to change my stances either.

Nice straw man attack.

You're careful choice of words tells me everything I need to know, beyond your inability to muster a logical argument.

It's a scary world, DD, but hysteria will do nothing more than stir up those who are likewise inclined.

November will be here soon enough and in January you can crawl out of your mother's basement and feel the the sun on your face once again which will help to clear up your skin.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

And to see you people fall so blindly into the abyss is just sad.

Maybe the title of the thread should have been, "Everybody Knows, Except the Three-Quarters of Americans Who Get Their Opinions From MSM."

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
If we are going to fire up the printing press and spend it all in Iraq, why not spend it within our own borders? To me it would make more sense. You can't convince me that trying to change an entire culture of millions of people is going to happen within a few years! Wouldn't those resources be better spent here on US soil?

Now here are IMO far more useful ideas than screaming "Bush bad" over and over again.

To (one?)DimensionalDetective, I'm not "pounding any war drums" or cheering government heroes. All the drum pounding seems to be coming from you (and the few buddies you get to star your posts). That is as derivative as the rest of your posts. Ever hear the old saying, "can't see the forest for the trees"? Well, that seems to apply here, as you obviously have let yourself be consumed by Bush-hatred to the point where you can contemplate nothing else. How sad to allow yourself to only focus on the past and just one person instead of figuring out what to do with a future (that doesn't include Bush and) that is coming up fast. I suggest that you need to snap out of it and figure out what to do with the rest of your post-Bush life.

So, what should the next president do about energy, illegal immigration, wars, taxes, etc, etc.? Now, try very hard to think of some answers that don't talk about Bush. With a little practice (it may also require some therapy), I'm sure even you can start to do it ...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join