It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sichuan earthquake; MAN MADE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I came across this video on youtube;

youtube.com...

"Bizarre colorful (luminous/glowing) cloud phenomenon in the sky was observed about 30 mins before the May 12, 2008 Sichuan earthquake took place. This was recorded in Tianshui, Gansu province ~450km northeast of epicenter, by someone using a cell phone." There are also links to the map/location of the sighting on the youtube page!

The source is; (I can't read the website)
news.qq.com...

When considering all these talks about governments NWO agenda to "depopulate" earth, I can't help but to think the tsunami in India and this recent earthquake was done intentionally. Seeing the sky in those colors, indicates an odd weather pattern right before the earth quake, might be some sort of laser beam from satellite manipulates the weather, I know it sounds far fetched, but with all this new technology it's not that far off, HAARP is also another possibility.

Anyhow, I don't know what to make of this, but something about it seems odd! Any thoughts?

[edit on 16-5-2008 by freighttrain]

[edit on 16-5-2008 by freighttrain]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I don't agree.

It's like saying the Northern Lights may contribute towards global warming!

Besides, the cloud colouring etc was discussed at another thread and there appears to be a reasonable explanation to it.

I really hope Mother Nature is not going to be replaced by conspiracy theories of a system only a handfull of people may or may not be aware of!! That really would be the last straw.

Brei.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very strange.. These are usually caused by magnetic disturbances like aurora borealis etc.. NOT usually seen around China for eg.

I know earthquakes are preceded by low frequency signals but never heard about magnetic ones... it's certainly worth looking into more.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

28 July 1976

"Just before the first tremor at 3:42 am, the sky lit up like daylight. The multi-hued lights, mainly white and red, were seen up to 200 miles away. Leaves on many trees were burned to a crisp and growing vegetables were scorched on one side, as if by a fireball."

Some New Details on China's Quake

The earthquake hit in the early morning, at 03:42:53.8 local time (1976 July 28 19:42:53.8 UTC), and lasted for around 15 seconds. Many sources list it as 8.2 on the Richter scale, but Chinese Government's official sources state 7.8. It was followed by a major 7.1 magnitude aftershock some 15 hours later, increasing the death toll. It was the first earthquake in recent memory to score a direct hit on a major city.[1]

Many people in Tangshan reported seeing strange lights (so-called "earthquake lights") the night before the earthquake. Well water in a village outside of Tangshan reportedly rose and fell three times the day before the earthquake. Gas began to spout out of a well in another village on July 12 and then increased on July 25 and July 26. Other wells throughout the area showed signs of cracking.[citation needed]

It has been reported that animals in the area sensed the earthquake before it struck. A thousand chickens reportedly refused to eat and acted wildly, along with several hundred geese who reportedly tried to eat each other in desperation and frustration, and sheer terror. There were also reports that dogs would not stop barking and goldfish jumped out of their bowls (see earthquake prediction).[citation needed] Most animals in the city did in fact survive

The large loss of life caused by the earthquake can be attributed to the time it struck and how suddenly it struck. The earthquake lacked the foreshocks that usually come with earthquakes of this magnitude. It also struck at just before 4 AM, leaving many people unprepared as they lay asleep.Tangshan itself was thought to be in a region with a relatively low risk of earthquakes. Very few buildings had been built to withstand an earthquake, and the city lies on unstable alluvial soil.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not sure what to make of the Sichuan earthquake yet but you can use some of this date as comparison as i am quite confident that the Tangshan earthquake wasn't natural.

Stellar

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You might want to read a book called "The Hammer of Eden" by Ken Follett. It's a fictional book. However, it does talk about a means of artificially inducing an earthquake. It's been a while since I read the book, but I believe they used some sort of drill rig (seismic vibrator - hey, I didn't make up the name!) on geologically active faults to trigger an earthquake. This group tries to blackmail the government by threatening to induce an earthquake. It's an interesting read if nothing else.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here we go again. Every time there is a major earthquake somewhere in the world someone comes on here and thinks maybe they were man made.

They are natural. Large earthquakes have been happening since the earth was formed, and will continue to happen long after humans are gone from earth.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Here we go again. Every time there is a major earthquake somewhere in the world someone comes on here and thinks maybe they were man made.

But do they offer proof and if not why don't you use this opportunity to address my questions/statements with proper explanations?

They are natural.

Most would have to be but i don't see why you have decided to rule out the alternatives.

Large earthquakes have been happening since the earth was formed, and will continue to happen long after humans are gone from earth.

And while the vast majority believes that those who enjoy the use of such technologies are going to have the luxury of using them in secrecy. People still seem to believe that the next war will start with ICBM's flying but i am fairly confident that it will be tectonic and environmental weapons that will lead the way.

Stellar

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It is already known that the United States got many secret satellites with magnetic and laser beams orbiting around the planet, since the time of Reagan's Star Wars project.
Laser and Magnetic beams were basically installed to destroy flying nuclear warheads, however if they hit one of the tectonic plates junctions they can start an earthquake.
So, this kind of magnetic field disturbance they saw, usually happens around high concentrated energy streams, such as laser and magnetic beams.
I totally believe that the US had started this attack with their satellites, altogether with the orchestrated manifestations in Tibet. They want to destabilize China's government before the Summer Olympic games, so they can block the political ascension of a new ruling World Super-Power, as the US had already lost the war on the economic field, basically because China owns more than half of US 13 Trillion dollars International debt.

new topics

top topics

join