It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Tell Conyers, 'Impeach Bush!'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Veterans Tell Conyers, 'Impeach Bush!'

www.commondreams.org

WASHINGTON, DC - May 16 - A national veterans' organization today sent a letter to Representative John Conyers, head of the House Judiciary Committee, requesting a meeting with him to deliver over 10,000 signatures on a petition to impeach George W. Bush. Impeachment hearings would have to be convened by the Michigan Democrat.

The president of Veterans For Peace, Elliott Adams, wrote Conyers requesting a meeting in early June to deliver their petitions. In it, he pointed out that by invading and occupying Iraq, the Bush administration has violated the U.S. Constitution, domestic laws and international treaties.

Adams' letter said, "Having taken an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic, our members take…the obligation to impeach George W. Bush most seriously...we must hold this administration accountable for waging a war of aggression against Iraq."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This will be sure to generate nary a whisper from our ever-corrupted Media. I doubt Conyers will act on it either, as this seems to be par for the course. At least in this case it's VETERANS calling for the impeachment, so I'd like to see the gov guys and war-mongers try to spin this into their usual "america-haters" tripe.

The former paratrooper and Viet Nam combat vet reminded the 21-term Representative from Detroit that, "You have taken the same oath, Congressman Conyers, and we expect you will hold it just as sacred as we do and begin impeachment hearings at the soonest possible moment."

Adams concluded his request by writing, "Congressman Conyers, you have stood on the side of justice in battles too numerous to mention during your long career in the House. Will you one day go into retirement with a shadow over your entire record because you did not do everything possible to hold this criminal administration accountable? We genuinely hope not."

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think they should take it a step further .. Tell him if he don't comply . The next petition circulated will be to get rid of him... Maybe he will take them more seriously...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The thing is, 10,000 sigs are not nearly impressive enough for the MSM to pay any attention - Vets or no vets. A movement like this would require a much more compelling force behind it to get any legs.

I understand the group is for Vietnam vets but I challenge the good people of Michigan to seek out this group and add their names to that petition. This will not only deserve a mention on at least the local news it will also show Conyers that many are behind that action (as if that's some sort of secret
)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As much as I support the impeachment of Bush, I know it cannot happen--Democrats simply do NOT have the numbers needed to pull it off. Republicans will vote it down along party lines. And, unless Cheney was impeached right alongside Bush, Junior would simply get a pardon. Not to mention the proceedings would take longer to finish than Bush has in office anyway.

Better to wait, investigate, and arrest Bush's smug ass and ship him off to the Hague the second Obama takes the Oath of Office.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Conyers has sent a letter to Bush saying he will start impeachment proceedings if Bush preemptively strikes against Iran without congressional approval. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only grounds that the judiciary committee will act on.

Link To Letter

top topics

join