It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sees need for "tangible action" on Iran: Israel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Is it Irans fault that they see Israel as a nuclear threat and want to arm themselves to defend accordingly?

Your cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen remark is best directed at Israel. IMHO

CT

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Is it Irans fault that they see Israel as a nuclear threat

Yes

and want to arm themselves to defend accordingly?

Defend against Israel?

Israel has had nuclear weapons for a long time. If they were going to use them on Iran I think they would have done so by now. As I stated earlier, Iran cannot to trusted because of who is controlling their country and the threats they have made.

Your cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen remark is best directed at Israel. IMHO

You are entitled to your opinion but Israel has been in the kitchen taking the heat for a long time by defending themselves against numerous attacks from the surrounding arabs who believe Israel should not exist.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Alright, first of all thank you for those links, i thought those were
interesting statistics. And i apologize for overlooking the fact
which country you were from, for i tend to skim over the posts
rapidly. However, since you are from a country that contributed to
the war effort, than you should understand how difficult it is too
see your countrymen dying in war, correct? Since you believe the US
weren't entilted to do what they did to japan, then what would your
solution have been? I truly am curious, i am not trying to be arrogant.
For a full scale invasion would have killed hundreds of thousands more
lives, including both australian and american, correct? So you feel
entilted saying saving the innocent japanese lives is better than
ending the war and thus saving hundreds of thousands of australian and american lives? Yes, war is gruesome, and i do wish there
was no place in this world for war. However, what would have happend
if we did nothing to stop germany and japan, but wait how could we know
since it didn't happen, right? Even though it didn't happen i feel i can
honestly say we would be living worse off world if that had happen, and that
we would have less freedom. If LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal is right, who helped
me interpret your previos words, whom i thank, than you believe in general "all death by combat murder is absurd and in accordance with that ideaology then every war that has ever been started was a misuse of power and thus no death by combat murder is justified." Correct?
I would love to see a world with no wars, but since that wasn't the case and still isn't a case, then that would be an arguement based on wishful thinking and a world that doesn't exist. Therefore that shouldn't apply to this situation. That is if i take your statement " i dont care about US lives, but lives" was based on this general premisis. Soo, i ask, what would have been better? Since you believe all death caused by war is unjustified, how would you have stopped the war that wasnt started by us without killing anyone and thus following your belief?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Yes, peace through superior strength.

What type of superior strength? Say I have the means to utilize technology that simply negates all offensive and defensive tactis.

Then you would be living in utopia which does not and will not ever exist. Unfortunately, there will always be evil people. It must be human nature.

Oh, is it? Is that what you think?

Well if there will always be evil then what's the point of destroying your enemy? You never win anyway, because there's always more so how will that improve anything? Do you even understand what you stand for or are you just incoherently and thoughtlessly rambling?

[edit on 19-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
Say I have the means to utilize technology that simply negates all offensive and defensive tactis.

Ok, then you would again be living in utopia since such technology does not exist. Be realistic please.

Oh, is it? Is that what you think?

Yes, that is why I posted it.

Well if there will always be evil then what's the point of destroying your enemy? You never win anyway, because there's always more so how will that improve anything?

Umm.....to maintain our lifestyle. Do you want to become enslaved to every evil dictator that shows their ugly .? If you did not destroy them, they would force their way of life upon you. Why is that so hard to understand?

Do you even understand what you stand for or are you just incoherently and thoughtlessly rambling?

What I am saying seems pretty clear and unfortunately you don't seem to even understand the basics of the way the world works. You seem to be stuck is some sort of fantasy utopia. I think one day you will awaken and hopefully it will not take some lunatic forcing himself upon you to finally realize how unrealistic your thought processes are.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

What are you babbling about now?
Do I have to list all the articles that make this claim? I'm sure you have already read them and they have been posted in numerous other threads. I'm also sure you know how to use google.

I think you just don't agree and want to accept what they state.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

LOL as I thought you can't bring any proof, your ideas have no bases, the best thing for you to do is to stop watching FOX news and stop babling about these things with no proof. You are Ridicules duude, you are making the claims soo you are responsible for the proof, not Google. How is anyone going to believe you if you don't bring any proof duuuude?? I don't get it

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
as I thought you can't bring any proof, your ideas have no bases, the best thing for you to do is to stop watching FOX news and stop babling about these things with no proof.

Since you said that you did not agree with the U.S. position on this issue, I take it you read some articles stating such right? So why should I post the same articles which everyone has already read and heard about? So as I have said, you just happen NOT to agree with the proof provided by the U.S. government.

So stop your whinning and babbling and go watch more CNN or whatever other extreme liberal propaganda sight you visit.

You are Ridicules duude

Duude, if you are going to try and insult someone, please try and spell the word correctly. This is just ridiculous.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

ok, bye extreme islamofacist lover.

BS....
wheres the proof that i am a extreme islamofacist lover???

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Ok, then you would again be living in utopia since such technology does not exist. Be realistic please.

Okay, then I'll begin creating these things. Thank you for your direction.

Well if there will always be evil then what's the point of destroying your enemy? You never win anyway, because there's always more so how will that improve anything?

Umm.....to maintain our lifestyle.

I don't like this life style, we're talking about improving here, not maintaining, remember? I want peace, not the same ol' meal you've been feeding me for the past 10,000 years.

Do you want to become enslaved to every evil dictator that shows their ugly .?

No, that's why I'm having this conversation with you. You emblazen the ideaology of an evil dictator.

If you did not destroy them, they would force their way of life upon you.

They already are. They want to fight and destroy and in reciprocating such back to them you've just fallen victim.

Why is that so hard to understand?

It's not. Do you understand it? You're only a slave of their actions either way.

What I am saying seems pretty clear and unfortunately you don't seem to even understand the basics of the way the world works.

You mean I don't agree to your opinion of eternal war and destruction on this planet Earth? That makes you an evil mental dictator. The problem is that people like you and those in power that want more power don't seem to understand the way that the world works. That's the problem, sir. And in that poor understanding and as a result of it we are stuck in perpetual war and ignorance, suffering and torture, but that's what you like, that's your ideal utopia, right? That's what you accept, that's what you market, that's what you push for. That's the utopia of the mediocre, I don't stand for mediocrity.

You seem to be stuck is some sort of fantasy utopia.

It's called finding logic and applying it toward the progress of a peaceful future here on Earth. No, sir. I'm stuck on a polluted rock with primitive primate idiots that think war is the only way to solve everything. So, in a sense, yes. I'm stuck in their fantasy utopia, you obviously being a part of that.

I think one day you will awaken

What are you doing, trying to manipulate me into your corrupted futuristic world view? Look, I don't want war and I don't want innocent deaths. I'll take a stand for that, you can continue to mope around and accept literal HELL.

and hopefully it will not take some lunatic forcing himself upon you

Well you haven't changed my mind yet.

to finally realize how unrealistic your thought processes are.

You really can't hold me down. My dreams will aspire and manifest.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't like this life style, we're talking about improving here, not maintaining, remember? I want peace, not the same ol' meal you've been feeding me for the past 10,000 years.

Since there has always been war and our lifestyle keeps improving, I guess this proves your point moot.

No, that's why I'm having this conversation with you. You emblazen the ideaology of an evil dictator.

Please.....So you think defending yourself against lunatics is the same as the actual evil dictator. Sorry, but that is just crazy.

It's called finding logic

Sorry, but its just the oppostite of logic.

Well you haven't changed my mind yet.

Well, that is because I am not trying to change your mind. I am just telling you how it is in the real world. Plus since you said "yet", I think you might be starting to wake from your slumber.

You really can't hold me down. My dreams will aspire and manifest.

Good, I hope they do.
But until then, we need to protect our way of life from people who wish harm to you.
Since you are searching for utopia, I guess you are not that happy. Look, I don't think I can get any happier. My life is great! You can have this also if only you would understand reality and accept it instead of relying on some distant dream of utopia which will never happen.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Since there has always been war and our lifestyle keeps improving, I guess this proves your point moot.

Our lifestyles have not improved. Our technology has. We are still at war, you seem to continuously miss the point. Let me put it in captial letters for you.

I DON'T WANT WAR. WAR IS THE STYLE OF LIFE THAT HASN'T IMPROVED.

Now do you understand my point or are you going to persistently impose your egotistical delusion onto me? There's really no way that you can miss it now. Well, there is a way, but I'd hope for your sanity that you see it.

Please.....So you think defending yourself against lunatics is the same as the actual evil dictator. Sorry, but that is just crazy.

Then you're calling yourself crazy because you just implied in your previous post that we should defend ourselves against the will of lunatics while you were in reference to evil dictators. I agree with this logic. The lunacy of an evil dictator is what I will stand up against, whether that evil dictator be a leader of a country or just a mediocre citizen that embraces the retardation of this war machine and all of its vehicles.

Sorry, but its just the oppostite of logic.

Why are you apologizing? And why don't you logically show why anything that I've said is the opposite of logic? I'm waiting still as you dig more holes for yourself.

Well, that is because I am not trying to change your mind. I am just telling you how it is in the real world.

You certainly are trying to change my mind and don't you dare tell me otherwise unless you wish to admit that you are flat out lying. What do the words "Someday you'll wake up" mean? You won't change my mind and I don't need to wake up. I see this place clearly and I see the solution clearly, and it's not a continuation of the same retrospective faulty logic and military maneuvers, it is the bravery to move forward and believe in a better place and to allow that place to be created and to not stand in its way, but to stand in the way of this place that we have created and reveal it for what it is and reveal the people that support these horrid actions for what they are, and to never let these things happen again.

Plus since you said "yet", I think you might be starting to wake from your slumber.

I said that as I am giving you the benefit of the doubt for some abstract mysterious reason almost unbeknownst to myself, hopelessly thinking that maybe you had a thread of intellect with which you'd construingl\y knit something logical to say that would convince me to the contraire. Unfortunately you enjoy this hell hole and you wish to stymie anyone's efforts to change it. Quite apparent.

Good, I hope they do.

This isn't true. You wish to see me fail, you wish for me to "wake up" and see "reality" and be "realistic".

But until then, we need to protect our way of life from people who wish harm to you.

Such as yourself.

Since you are searching for utopia, I guess you are not that happy.

You're being presumtuous and making assumptions. I am very happy, and gaining confidence by the day. I wish for this utopia that I envision and manifest in my immediate surroundings to be shared by all of us, not just for myself. This utopia is the consummation of emotional and intellectual annexed Human apexes. We are capable of absolutely anything, and far beyond the confines of this sabotaged fear and hate driven general psychosis.

Look, I don't think I can get any happier. My life is great! You can have this also if only you would understand reality and accept it instead of relying on some distant dream of utopia which will never happen.

You're flopping like a fish out of water.

Good, I hope they do.

So what is it? Will they never happen or will they? And so you send me your truly hopeless sentiments wrapped in the trappings of deceptive inesenuations of real hope? Do you know who you are? What you say? What your words mean?

Why are you hoping for something that will never happen? That's ironic and ambivalent. Hell, if you open your eyes you might even find that by doing such you are placing yourself in the same boat that you say I'm in; hoping for something that will never happen. I'm of a gregarious genus, I prefer peace. Well, since it's clear that we stand for the same things by reason of your rationality, that is hoping for the impossible, then we're not so different afterall, are we?

Here's a theoretical scenerio. In the future I'll write up a draft that sends everyone such as yourself off onto a prison planet that enjoys killing its own kind and doesn't wish to change a thing, doesn't use logic and can't remember things that it's said seconds after saying them. Why don't you pay attention to yourself a tad more?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Iran is a Persian country, not an Arab one.

Also, Iran has invaded 0 countries in the last 100 years. Israel is already well over that, and they've only existed for 60.

It is Israel's fault that Iran feels threatened by Israel. Iran has never stated they want to destroy Israel, just that they'd like to see a regime change (which is in line with most of the non-US world, including most of Europe). Israel, though, has threatened Iran with conflict over Iran following their right to enrich uranium and build a nuclear power infrastructure. It's in their rights, as governed by the various treaties Iran has recognised and signed. Unlike Israel.

Israel seems to be the one conjuring up ghosts to scare itself, while its neighbours (and region) have to suffer the consequences.

Want to blame someone? Blame the hawkish nature of the current Israeli regime, and the ridiculous nature of the US/Israeli relationship, which defies belief.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If Israel wants to fight Iran so badly, let them. Lets see if they have the gall to do it themselves.

I guarantee you if the US goes into Iran,
1: There will be more US soldiers deaths than in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.
2: There will be no WMD's found.
3: The people of Iran will want the US out immediately, and will fight to see to it.

Wake up. The people of Iran don't want the US there. They don't need liberating, they chose that government, just like you chose yours.

Iran even offered their assistance with the war on terrorism, and offered to send troops and supplies to Iraq to assist, and offered to assist in the reconstruction effort... all offers were denied without reason.

Why does Israel seem to think the US needs more enemies? Isn't the US being hit hard enough already? I mean, militarily they are already stretched WAY too thin, and their economy is on the verge of collapse.
Why should the US fight Israels battle for them?

Let Israel do it themselves. They seem to think they're the big kids in the park, lets see them PROVE it.

Any country that attacks other countries without the backing of the rest of the free world and the UN deserves to feel the wrath of the free world.
If Israel decides to cease being part of the free world so they can attack other countries... then they too should be treated like all the other fascist empires.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

True or False? America has lost freedoms and liberties since the start of the War on Terror?

True or False? The government can warrantlessly surveil your internet and telephone traffic?

True or False? The US government can detain you for an unspecified amount of time if they suspect you of being a Terrorist?

True or False? The CIA can apply "cruel and unusual" punishment methods tantamount to torture to suspected insurgents?

True or False? America's economy has been booming or receding since the start of the War on Terror?

True or False? The US has a budget deficiet of over 1 trillion dollars?

True or False? Over 1 million civilians have been killed in Iraq?

True or False? 4,500 US lives have perished and ten's of thousands more rendered permanently scarred due to the War on Terror?

True or False? Religious & Racial tolerance and understanding is at an all time low in America?

Oh yeah! Let the good times keep rolling in America folks!

Wonder how long it will be before we can legally start calling our President, "Fuhrer"?

Proportionate Self-Defense is Acceptable.

Engaging in the same reprehensible terrorist activities you seek to rid the world of and claim to denounce is an unacceptable double standard that makes the US no different from the "monster" it seeks to vanquish.
As is using a disproportionate amount force to the threat you face.

I am just telling you how it is in the real world.

No.

Your showing us the inner-workings of the ignorant, uneducated, dumb-conforming sheep-like masses the government plays like a fiddle every single day.

But thanks anyhow, it really helps to give us some perspective on why some people are so naive and blindly obedient to propaganda.

Look, I don't think I can get any happier. My life is great!

Ignorance is Bliss chum.

When you wake up, let me know

[edit on 20/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Iran is a Persian country, not an Arab one.

So what?
Everyone knows this, so what's your point?

Also, Iran has invaded 0 countries in the last 100 years.

You mean besides the men, money and arms they are supplying in Iraq right? And I guess you also mean besides the border fights during the Iraq/Iran war right?

Israel is already well over that, and they've only existed for 60.

Of course you have to attack your enemy when they keep starting the conflicts by constantly firing missiles and rockets into their territory.

Iran has never stated they want to destroy Israel

That is the biggest bile of garbage I've heard in a long time.

Want to blame someone?

Yes, and I blame Iran.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

In reply to the below.

Iran's "leader" has said this. But who really is Iran? It's the people not the ramblings of a psychotic blood thirsty religious madman.

You see... wait, no you don't... but let me put it this way anyhow. You see, countries have leaders and those leaders are supposed to represent the general interest of their people. Unfortunately this isn't always true.

Beyond Iranians and Americans and Isrealies we are Human Beings that rule ourselves and represent ourselves. I don't stand for war and I don't represent war. YOU DO.

When you can see past these faces of the leaders and these invisible lines that outline what we call countries, shave away the labels of liberal, republican and democrat, and when you can take away our names and our faces, when you can experience this for what it is and you use your senses and truly no biases... you'll realize that we all want the same thing and that we are all the same thing. If you can take this with you and still appreciate how great you yourself are and you have no fear in causing all of your dreams to transpire along with the rest of ours, that'd be something to awe at, that'd be something to imagine. Try it.

Anyway. I'm accomplished here. Ciao.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Wonder how long it will be before we can legally start calling our President, "Fuhrer"?

Boy, this just shows your bias and the outcome of liberals running our education system. Oh, and most of the answers are false to your questions.

Your showing us the inner-workings of the ignorant, uneducated, dumb-conforming sheep-like masses the government plays like a fiddle every single day.

If you are going to try and insult someone please make sure you spell correctly. It's "you're" and not "your".

I think this shows this statement of yours applies to yourself and others who are brainwashed and cannot have a original thought without being swayed by the extreme liberal agenda.

But thanks anyhow, it really helps to give us some perspective on why some people are so naive and blindly obedient to propaganda.

Yes it does, yes it does. You prove it with almost every post.

Ignorance is Bliss chum.

Can you please come up with something new. You say that all the time to everyone.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If you are going to try and insult someone please make sure you spell correctly. It's "you're" and not "your".

I think this shows this statement of yours applies to yourself and others who are brainwashed and cannot have a original thought without being swayed by the extreme liberal agenda.

You're such a child. And why don't you learn how to spell? It's "an original thought", not a original thought.

You're a moron, slap me with a warning if you must, but this guy's a jack ass and he's not even good at it.

Focus on understanding people and their points not picking apart a mispelled word.

Now I'm accomplished. Au revoir!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You mean besides the men, money and arms they are supplying in Iraq right?

Actually, US military intelligence has retracted their claim that Iran is arming Iraq.
They have discovered that the weapons were neither being built, nor supplied by Iran.

You should read the news now and again. It helps to know which of your arguments no longer hold water.

Actually, he's right, sort of.
Israel stated they would launch a preemptive attack on Iran, in return, Iran stated they would have no option but to return the favor if Israel did so.

It was Israel that made the attacking comment. Iran retorted.

Since then, Iran has repeatedly stated that Israel is "backing themselves into a corner", "creating enemies within the middle east" and "slowly dying" (which is actually sort of true)... but they actually have not expressed a desire to be the aggressor.

Want to blame someone?

Yes, and I blame Iran.

... if you look back far enough, it was our fault. We put the Israelis back there, right in the midst of everyone they hate. Since then, it's been a back and forth skirmish between them and the rest of the middle east... however, Iran is one of the few countries in the region to abstain from being the aggressor.

Iran isn't the one to blame.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You're such a child. And why don't you learn how to spell?

Well, you are showing that you have no rational thought since you are getting on my case about spelling and not the person spewing the paragraph of insults. I see....the poster can make fun of me but I'm not allowed to make fun back. Got it....

You're a moron, slap me with a warning if you must, but this guy's a jack ass and he's not even good at it.

I am not trying to do anything. I think it's obvious that you are close-minded and are accusing me of actually what you are doing. Sad, just sad.

Focus on understanding people and their points not picking apart a mispelled word.

How am I supposed to focus on understand when I was replying to a paragraph of insults and nothing of substance. Oh, I guess that's ok when you agree right? Boy, you are showing your true colors now. Pathetic!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join