It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sees need for "tangible action" on Iran: Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Iran is closely tied to America's Shiite allies in Iraq, and has nothing to do with the Sunni insurgents who are responsible for almost all the killings of American troops.

Like John McCain you seem to be ignorant of the most basic facts in Iraq and Iran.

The Iranians want the Shiite majority to succeed in Iraq!

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Leo Strauss]

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I really don't understand why there are soo many asinine comments
directed toward the US due to the situations in the middle
east, including the situations in both Iran and Iraq. As gruesome
as war is, and how much id love to see the us not involved, war is
neccessary at times. For all those bashing the US, the us has probably
been one of the most generous countries in history (and if anyone wants
any facts or proof id be more than willing to list them). IF it comes down
to us involvement in Iran, i feel that it is fully justified. Those saying that
war is not a solution, they may be right, but i really don't think
a lot of people understand how unrational the leaders of these countries
are. If Iran has or are developing weopons that can cause mass destruction, they wouldn't hesitate to supply terrorists with these weopons. Those who want
to sit back and talk the terrorist down and give them a little slap on the
wrist are idiots and cowards. If a lot of people had their way the us
would completely walked over. At least the us is standing up to the issues
at hand. A lot of people say we went to war out of greed, i dont see any profits? For oil? prices are higher than ever. And people keep complaining that what the us is doing will turn
countries against us. Sometimes standing up and trying to do the right
thing for ones country is more important than the vain thought in what
others will think of us. Better than being a toothless lion.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Iran is closely tied to America's Shiite allies in Iraq, and has nothing to do with the Sunni insurgents who are responsible for almost all the killings of American troops.

Like John McCain you seem to be ignorant of the most basic facts in Iraq and Iran.

The Iranians want the Shiite majority to succeed in Iraq!

Sorry, but you are the ignorant & gullable one if you don't think Iran is doing whatever it takes, short of a massive invasion of Iraq, to due as much harm to the U.S. in Iraq.
Perhaps you and Obama should just go and have tea with Ahmad.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

yeah we can just drop a few bombs on their nuclear facilities...good idea. If you are too old to fight Im sure you could secure a position in Bushes cabinet, seems like you would fit right in

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

"... Nobody questions the right of Iran to have pacific nuclear program," and that's the end of it, full stop. You're going to invade a country and destroy it's infrastructure because of your suspicion?? I suspect that America will invade China, does that give me the right to invade America?? I suspect America will start a nuclear war against Russia because of US Missile Defence in Europe, does that give me the right to invade America?? And bomb all of it's nuclear facilities?? Just because I suspect they would do such an idiotic thing. Who cares about how hard the Americans have worked for their country, let's just bomb it, let them start from scratch, I don't give a doo doo.

The individual who has started this thread realy needs to reflect on his life. Also he needs to re-examine the way he thinks.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

yeah we can just drop a few bombs on their nuclear facilities...good idea.

Good, Im glad we agree it's a good idea.

If you are too old to fight Im sure you could secure a position in Bushes cabinet, seems like you would fit right in

I see......because some people are not doves, you think they are Bush lovers. Boy, you need to learn how to think on your own instead of listening and being brainwashed by extreme liberal propaganda. I agree with Bush rarely, so take your misguided views elsewhere please.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
The individual who has started this thread realy needs to reflect on his life. Also he needs to re-examine the way he thinks.

The individual who made this post really needs to take their head out of the sand and try to learn how to think on their own instead of allowing misguided individuals tell you how to think.

You're going to invade a country and destroy it's infrastructure because of your suspicion??

I guess you don't read or comprehend what you are reading because who said anything about invading Iran?

Secondly, its not a suspicion. Not only is Iran developing nuclear weapons, they are killing U.S. troops in Iraq by providing arms, men and money. You would probably be the first to condemn Bush for not doing enough if a year or two from now Iran uses one on Israel or provides one to a group to set one off here in the U.S.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yeah lets kill innocents people because their government might have nukes in few years !! Lets kill innocents people because their government might use nukes !! Lets kill innocents people because their government migth be giving weapons to "terrorists"!!
Why not nuke pakistan now because even if now they're US' puppets, they might turn against their master in 10 or 20 years (wouldn't be the first time...), and they already have nuke!!
Why not nuke France because they might attack England because of what they've done to the world with the Spice Girls
?
So you think the "axe of angels" have invaded Iraq because they had an evil dictator leading them ? You think we will attack Iran because they might have nukes ?
Intersting...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Seriously who do you work for

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

WhatTheory you really should have taken a good look around the forums before posting this thread because it's literally been brought up 100 times previously, and you know what?
Every Hawk & Republican couldn't bring up one decent source to prove Iran was doing anything wrong at all.

Ahmadinejad's supposed "inflammatory" rhetoric has been DEBUNKED a zillion times as a mistranslation, why people still bring this up to discredit him boggles my mind:

www.mohammadmossadegh.com...
www.juancole.com...

Now to the important part.
There is NONE, I repeat NO substantial evidence Iran is arming Shiite Sectarians or militias in Iraq. No matter how many times I say this, people like you dig it back up and seem intent on believing it.
All the US Military rumors and allegations of state-sponsored terrorism are just that: Rumors.
They are basing this on what they think Iran would do in such a situation, not any compelling evidence they have found on the ground that the Quds Force, the Basji or any other Iranian backed military branches are smuggling weapons into Iraq.

Iraq's Government says they have yet to see any evidence:

"We don't have that kind of evidence... If there is hard evidence we will defend the country."

Yahoo News

British Intel have yet to see any evidence:

"I have not myself seen any evidence -- and I don't think any evidence exists -- of government-supported or instigated" armed support on Iran's part in Iraq, British Defense Secretary Des Browne said in an interview in Baghdad in late August.

Washington Post

The US has yet to display any public evidence, first-hand knowledge, Intel or anything that could prove these allegations which they repeat like prayer. They got nothing on Iran and they know it:

The officials offered no evidence to substantiate allegations that the "highest levels" of the Iranian government had sanctioned support for attacks against U.S. troops. Also, the military briefers were not joined by U.S. diplomats or representatives of the CIA or the office of the Director of National Intelligence.

Although the administration has made many assertions about Iran's nuclear program, its role in Iraq and its ties to groups on the State Department's terrorism list, the U.S. government has never publicly offered evidence proving the allegations.

Washington Post

In fact here, I have found a dozen other reputable, common media sources who all agree on the above consensus:

Daily Star
World News
Herald Tribune
GlobalPolicy.org
MSNBC

NONE. ZIP. NADA. NOTHING. ZERO. How many ways should I put this?
America has nothing on Iran.
Face facts. Bush talks tough and aggressive but behind his Hawkish facade he knows he has little substance to the sabre-rattling he does all too often.
Until evidence surfaces, please stop spreading these outright lies. America cries wolf yet again.

You would think after realizing all these allegations surrounding Ahmadinejad have been debunked or proven to be complete fabrications, people would realize the only ones making all these claims about controversial statements are the Western-backed propaganda outlets...

Like how Ahmadinejad was supposed to be a hostage taker in the 1979 US Embassy Siege.
Even the CIA admits with "relative certainty" he was NOT a hostage in the 1979 US Embassy crisis in Tehran:
www.cnn.com...

I mean how hard is it to grasp people?
Bush & Co. are going through the same smear campaign they did with Iraq, and in doing so played the American people like a flute by claiming things like Saddam fed people into "Shredding Machines", which surprise-surprise, have NOT been found:
www.spectator.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

It's nothing new actually. Go back to 1991. George Bush Snr. pulled the same stunt with the first Gulf War. Remember the famous story of Nurse Nayirah?
Some random Kuwaiti girl who claimed Iraqi soldiers were taking newborn babies out of incubators and letting them die on the floor.
And Congress actually bought this lemon and used it as justification for an invasion.
Of course "Nurse Nayirah"'s story was utter bullsh*t.
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Like father like son.

Give Iran a break. They have done little to justify such widely-circulating speculation and suspicion all fueled by the same people who said Saddam had WMD's.
Wakey-wakey time people. Bush is crying wolf yet again and you are falling for it.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Iran had an elected prim minister that was removed by CIA to have a dictator replace him!

During the 8 years that Iran was in a War with Iraq, Irani men, women and children were getting killed by weapons provided by the west. Saddam met a lot of high american political , excutive and military delegations from US and he received a lot of help , sattelite itel included from US. I guess one is not wrong to assume that Iranians died with the help of US. What should have Iran done then? attacked US?

This is what you seem to be advocating now. I have a question for you...

how does a dose of your medicine given back taste? bitter? what made you think Iranians would enjoy it?

over and out from Iran.

ps funny the word I have to enter to get this posted is: irancontra oh by the way look that up. It reminds me of what your government says: "we shall not negotiate with terrorist" yeah what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

We gave the taliban bombs to kill the soviets did they blow us up? The soviets gave bombs to N vietnam did we blow them up?

When you invade a country u need to realize it may have collateral effects and that is one of them and if our government wasnt smart enough to realize this then I dont know what to say. Heres an idea get our of Iraq then you dont need to worry about it ...now theres a good idea.

Isreals military is strong and can kicks anyones butt over there hell probably 2 and 3 at one time they dont need our help. If they get INVADED then maybe we can help them out some buy only if they need it. No one has touched them Im not sending people kids to die for Isreal or any country for that matter unless they really really need it but not a minute before that.

We didn't give bombs to the Taliban. The Taliban didn't exist as it does today in the 1980's during the height of the Soviet-Afghan conflict. We armed Mujahadeens, who in turn helped bring about the downfall of the Soviet union.

If we surrender in Iraq, bombs will be going off in alot more places then Iraq. If the insurgency in Iraq wins, their bomb makers will teach others, and terror cells will spread out across the world, with Europe being the primary victim. Anything short of peace in Iraq is unnaceptable in the long run, thus a "withdrawl" isn't a realistic scenario at any point in the near future if we want to ensure security for American interests at home and abroad.

Israel's military is strong, and that has been the only thing that has ensured it's survival. That, and our strong friendship with the Israelis. The problem isn't that they will be invaded; the threat is nuclear weapons from terror states such as Iran. The Iranians are a deadly threat to Israeli national security and should not be spared the rod. Iraq wasn't "for" the Israelis anyways, the fact that you would assert that kind of nonsense is a good indication to me of an anti-semetic, anti-israel, pro-I-want-to-beat-my-wife and set-off-bombs slant.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

They don't negotiate, but instead put them in power so they can control their population the way they want them controlled.

All Israel is nowadays is one big puppet government with the strings leading back to the American government. And if you can't believe that, then you definitely don't want to learn where the American government strings lead to.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

The Taliban were based in the Helmand, Kandahar and Uruzgan regions, and were overwhelmingly ethnic Pashtuns and predominantly Durrani Pashtuns. They received training and arms from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia as well as other Middle Eastern countries who had been recruited by the U.S. to thwart the Soviet invasion of this region.

Yes we did supply weapons and training it may not of been us directly but it was us through our allies.

What makes you think we cant pull right out of Iraq? Cause Bush says you cant? Bush has got the whole damn war wrong why would he be right on this? We pulled right out of Vietnam and look now they are Pro Western and they trade with us and our leaders meet and people then used to give the same argument. That argument comes from the people who want us to have troops and bases in every country to keep our empire going. We pull out now it forces the Iraqi government to #e or get of the pot otherwise the people will rise up. If Iran goes in and invades Im sure Saudi Arabia with the new weapons they are buying from us would make a good battle with Iran.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
U.S. is the only nation to ever use nukes. If the U.S. attacks Iran all the worlds nations will have to unite to stop the U.S. agression.

It will be the same justification U.S. used to nuke Japan. The world will have to obliterate the U.S. to save lives. U.S. will never stop the "War on Terror" until the entire Middle East is a depleted uranium wasteland. The cold war with Russia will be full blown and the U.S. will turn its attentions back to Eastern Europe if civilization isn't destroyed by WWWIII.

If U.S. citizens do not prevent war with Iran, the United States of America is finished.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I've never heard more ridiculous statement than that! Israel has a democracy!? That is a totalitarian state run by genocidal politicians and it was formed and governed by proven terrorist, ben gurion.
Israel was made by terrorism, practice terrorism and ethnic cleansing day by day and terrorizing its own People when they raise their voices and opinions against israel policy within and abroad.
The most oppressed People and ones that fear the most are Israelis. They live in fear of mossad. Where do you get your facts?
Also, why didn't we nuked israel for possessing 200+ nukes for the past 40 years? Why wasn't israel and their army and police bombed back to the stone age for all the atrocities committed in the past 60 years?
Who ar we to judge someones right to defend itself and make his country more stronger and self reliant?
Sickening policy from US-israel continues.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i heard this somewhere else that america would march on iran and then somewhere like venezuela or somewhere like that, you all mention democracies, but is choosing your dictator what passes as democracy these days?. America should sort out its own problems first, how would they like it if they were invaded because people another country didnt agree with the way they imprisoned people with out trial in the concentration camps of guantanamo bay, or because they invaded another country without permission of the u.n. or caused death and destruction in other countries by getting people to fight each other, slimy goverment you have over there, where were you when the cosovans were being slaughtered

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ya, there'll be a war. No question. A very close friend of mine is a supervisor in a gun factory here in Canada. He just told me a few days ago that they have received a billion dollar order for assault rifles from three major western powers, Canada being one. He says this will keep the factory humming until at least 2010-11. Now, who are the other two countries and what do they need all those guns for? I don't know but I can guess.
What I don't understand is if the US goes to war with Iran for allegedly building nuclear weapons, why not attack Pakistan and N. Korea as well since we KNOW they have them. To me, Pakistan is way more of a threat than Iran at the moment. Or, is the goal to prevent Iran from ever getting the capability while lying down for the Pakistanis?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
there is no justification in any of your (america) countrys actions in the world today, your goverment is making you the most hated people in the world. go and sort out the real humanitarian problems in the world, or is it that you can only march in with your guns in the air like the cavalry, shooting the place up, you are a bad influence in the world, what about africa if you gotta go shooting people go get mugabe, or dosent he have any oil or infastructure to rebuild and give the contracts to all your mates, nice business war

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Umm there is no Us against them. Its just We.
the masses thinking like this is what creates wars to begin with. The wars are in the monkey wiring of our brains. So wake up.

The US is a huge threat to everyone. Cant you see they are #ting their pants. Wouldnt you be afraid. Can you guys go beyond self for a moment and be a muslim.

Wars make us safe. Pisses people off. So they retaliate the ways they can, hence terrorism.

We are safe from small countries like Iran. They are nothing. Worst case scenario is they get off one nuke. The first nuke dropped by a terrorist will put the whole world in action to end all terrorist nation. WE can wipe out all their countries in 1 hour.

Sorry some of you are so afraid of death, thinking theres so much to defend. I cant wait to leave this place and explore the awesome universe. The elite can have it. lol.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join