It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sees need for "tangible action" on Iran: Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just can't see the US opening up another war front right now.

Where will they get the men and equipment.

Iran is not a country that has been under economic sanctions for the past decade. Instead it has been free to do as it pleases with regard to purchasing weapons.

I don't think that it will happen.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the one shred of evidence that the US thought they had when it came to Iran providing weapons turned out to be completely false and they had to cancel their press conference! i wonder who Whattheory works for?

Weapons were not iranian

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
do you think we will ever reach a point were bombing the crap out of someone isnt a solution. generally its us the everyday working people around the world who suffer. we are the victors and the losers and the people in power throw away lives like there just pieces on a chess board with absolutely no value and we accept that this is the way it is.

The money we spend killing other people is monstrous and what purpose does it serve none we just keep following this same cycle if you ask most people how do they think the world will end most will probably say through nuclear war, how damning is that, that is the optimism we have for our species and none of us want it or war but we just let these greedy people who are supposed to work for us decide who lives and who dies, why do we allow it and how the hell can a government just go to war without the consensus of its people, in britian most said no to the war in iraq but it still happened the balls of these people to ignore who they work for and say we are going anyway democracy is just the freedom to choose your dictator and what colour tie he will wear. but we already know this dont we and we have heard it all before but thats just the way it is.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well, maybe Iran should just change its name to 'Saudi Arabia', whack on some sunnies, robes, and gold chains, and invite Bush over.

Then he'll give them some nuclear technology.

Brilliant! Bush will never tell the difference.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

1)Considering Iran is killing U.S. troops by providing money, arms and militia plus (2) all the comments from them wanting to destroy Israel, I believe it is warranted.

1) There is NO proof that Iran is doing ANY of that! Time to catch up!

IRAQ: The elusive Iranian weapons (were NOT Iranian!)

Iraqi officials also have accused Iran of meddling in violence and had echoed the U.S. accusations of new Iranian-made arms being found in Basra. But neither the United States nor Iraq has displayed any of the alleged arms to the public or press, and lately it is looking less likely they will. U.S. military officials said it was up to the Iraqis to show the items; Iraqi officials lately have backed off the accusations against Iran.

A plan to show some [alleged Iranian-supplied explosives to journalists last week in Karbala and then destroy them was canceled after the United States realized none of them was from Iran. A U.S. military spokesman attributed the confusion to a misunderstanding that emerged after an Iraqi Army general in Karbala erroneously reported the items were of Iranian origin.

When U.S. explosives experts went to investigate, they discovered they were not Iranian after all.

I kinda like the way they blame an Iraqi for it, can't take the blame themselves now can they!

They don't even have ANY PROOF that Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons!

Experts: No Firm Evidence of Iranian Nuclear Weapons

WASHINGTON — Despite President Bush's claims that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons that could trigger "World War III," experts in and out of government say there's no conclusive evidence that Tehran has an active nuclear-weapons program.

Even his own administration appears divided about the immediacy of the threat. While Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney speak of an Iranian weapons program as a fact, Bush's point man on Iran, Undersecretary of State Nicholas Burns, has attempted to ratchet down the rhetoric.

****SKIP****

If conclusive proof exists, however, Bush hasn't revealed it. Nor have four years of IAEA inspections.

"I have not received any information that there is a concrete active nuclear-weapons program going on right now," IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei asserted in an interview Oct. 31 with CNN.

2) All the comments are only talk, they are only words, I don't believe we should go to war over words. Remember the old saying, "Sticks and stones ... ".

OKAY, I think that should get you up to date.

[edit on 5/16/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I was going to go through all that but when he didnt know what I meant by we giving taliban weapons to fight the soviets and the soviets giving the N Vietnamese weapons I knew I was arguing with someone who clearly doesnt know what hes talking about so I gave up. Good find...its like arging with a guy like this

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
We gave the Taliban weapons when the soviets invaded in the 80s. Did the Soviets come and nuke us? Did we nuke the Soviets when they gave weapons to N Vietnam?

Well, there was the little thing called the cold war which almost ended with nukes being fired. But I don't think your analogy works because I am not saying we should nuke Iran. However, since they are providing weapons, manpower and money, I believe they need to be taught a lesson if they want to play with the big boys. Taking out their nuclear facilities would send a good message.

Dont believe everything bush tells you and if you want to then just do me a favor salute accordingly.

Umm....I don't. In fact, I don't agree with Bush on a lot of issues. Just because I believe the Iraq war is not illegal and Iran needs to be taught a lesson does not mean I am a Bush lover.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
the one shred of evidence that the US thought they had when it came to Iran providing weapons turned out to be completely false and they had to cancel their press conference! i wonder who Whattheory works for?

Weapons were not iranian

Umm.....You do realize that one article does not negate all the other numerous articles to the contrary right? I guess if a reporter from the LA Times says so, it must be true. It must be nice to be able to pick and choose bogus stories.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I was going to go through all that but when he didnt know what I meant by we giving taliban weapons to fight the soviets and the soviets giving the N Vietnamese weapons I knew I was arguing with someone who clearly doesnt know what hes talking about so I gave up

Excuse me? I probably know more about this subject than most here on ATS. The problem was that you did not make your point clearly. YOU did not explain the analogy which you were trying to make. Perhaps if you knew how to express yourself thoughts better.........Never mind, its like shooting fish in a barrel.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

You should take your head out of the sand more often. The evidence is there but you choose not to believe it. Of course I could post articles stating just the opposite of what you posted but what's the point? You would not believe it anyway. Its really funny when one obscure article comes along and all the fanatics grab hold of it and insist that this one little lonely article is more credible than the numerous others to the contrary.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Keyhole

You should take your head out of the sand more often. The evidence is there but you choose not to believe it. Of course I could post articles stating just the opposite of what you posted but what's the point? You would not believe it anyway. Its really funny when one obscure article comes along and all the fanatics grab hold of it and insist that this one little lonely article is more credible than the numerous others to the contrary.

Like the evidence of the WMDs in Iraq? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE!!!!! The only evidence you are going on is what bushy is telling you. Dont be a sheeple think for yourself please...listen if Iran invades Israel or Us or whatever then fine let Israel knock the hell out of them but this whole ideal of invading other countries without merit is absurd.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Like the evidence of the WMDs in Iraq? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE!!!!!

Oh there is evidence, and lots.

But the problem is that the chemical and bio weapons gear they have is all made in Denmark, Germany, France, China, Russia, UK and the USA.

What is more embarrassing?

1. Not finding any WMD's at all

2. Not going to war and have some terrorist capture a WMD and use it. Later on that WMD will be traced to a country other than Iraq whether it be the USA or a country that happens to hold a lot of US currency.

3. Finding the WMD's and showing the world that, hey wait a sec, it says made in Denmark, Germany, France, China, Russia, UK and the USA.

There is a lot of BS in this whole Iraq War situation, the surface BS we can all see is just a coverup to the real juicy stuff.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Like the evidence of the WMDs in Iraq? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE!!!!!

Look, it was not just U.S. intelligence, the British were saying the same thing. Because of this, I think he had them but got rid of them before the war. However, we know he had chemical weapons because he used them on his own people.

The only evidence you are going on is what bushy is telling you. Dont be a sheeple think for yourself please

I don't care what Bush says and I do my own research. Perhaps you should stop believing everything you hear from the extreme liberal left who are really communists and marxists in disguise.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

So what do you suggest? Should we start another war with another country
or impose our will on them because they "might" have some nukes 10 years down the road? Yeah lets spend a few more billion, loose thousands of more lives, no biggie. You gonna go sign up to fight?

[edit on 16-5-2008 by bringthelight]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

hehe touche there ya go I was holding that card I didnt want to bring it out yet but thanks for doing it for me. Im sure they didnt do the dog and pony show this time around because a big Made In The USA logo or Made In Russia Logo...keep in mind some of these guys are fighting us with weapons we gave them 20 years ago.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Looks like the time is close before something happens to Iran. I believe it is necessary to curb their plans on building nuclear weapons. Ahmadinejad is a loose cannon and cannot be trusted especially given their actions and rhetoric.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I dunno I say we let Israel and Iran go at it. Why does anyone else need to get in? Theyve been happy killing eachother for thousands of years why bother now?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
So what do you suggest? Should we start another war with another country
or impose our will on them because they "might" have some nukes 10 years down the road?

More like they will have nukes between 1-3 years. That is not the only reason. Don't forget about them killing U.S. troops by sending arms, personel and money.

Yeah lets spend a few more billion, loose thousands of more lives, no biggie.

Look, we are not going to invade Iran. Probably just destroy their nuclear facilities.

You gonna go sign up to fight?

Yes, I would if I were a little younger. I'm sure we can count you out right?
Thanks for nothing.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

hehe touche there ya go I was holding that card I didnt want to bring it out yet but thanks for doing it for me. Im sure they didnt do the dog and pony show this time around because a big Made In The USA logo or Made In Russia Logo...keep in mind some of these guys are fighting us with weapons we gave them 20 years ago.

I don't understand why you are so excited or what card you think you might have played.

Of course they might have some weapons we gave them years ago. I don't see why this is such a big deal to you. You have to choose your battles and use who AT THE TIME will help you defeat your enemy. Back then Russia was our number one enemy so its perfectly reasonable that we would give weapons to groups fighting the Russians.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu

I dunno I say we let Israel and Iran go at it. Why does anyone else need to get in? Theyve been happy killing eachother for thousands of years why bother now?

Believe it or not, the Jews and the Persian had historically, even biblically, good relations. This conflict between Iran and Israel is actually a more recent thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join