It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sees need for "tangible action" on Iran: Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

U.S. sees need for \"tangible action\" on Iran: Israel

www.reuters.com

Regev described diplomatic efforts so far to exert pressure on Iran as "positive", but added: "It is clearly not sufficient and it's clear that additional steps will have to be taken".

Asked about the option of using military force, Regev said: "Leaders of many countries have talked about many options being on the table and, of course, Israel agrees with that."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Looks like the time is close before something happens to Iran. I believe it is necessary to curb their plans on building nuclear weapons. Ahmadinejad is a loose cannon and cannot be trusted especially given their actions and rhetoric.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

yeah your right, lets start another illegal preemptive war. That will make more countries like us! no harm in that

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There was a time in my life that I would have totally agreed with you that we must keep Iran from building nukes.It still bothers me that they could have nukes,but what makes us their judge.Who are we to police the entire world and expect them to accept our standards.We have the capability to take out missles fired at us and the ability to retaliate vigorously.
If they want to nuke each other into oblivion why should we care.It's not our place,it's not our war.
The main purpose for saber rattling is for Israels defense.What have they ever done to stand up and give this country their military support?
If Israel gets nuked it would be just that much less we would have to deal with.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
yeah your right, lets start another illegal preemptive war. That will make more countries like us! no harm in that

Since your initial premise is wrong, that makes the rest of your statement moot.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
There was a time in my life that I would have totally agreed with you that we must keep Iran from building nukes.It still bothers me that they could have nukes,but what makes us their judge.Who are we to police the entire world and expect them to accept our standards.

Considering Iran is killing U.S. troops by providing money, arms and militia plus all the comments from them wanting to destroy Israel, I believe it is warranted.

If they want to nuke each other into oblivion why should we care.It's not our place,it's not our war.
The main purpose for saber rattling is for Israels defense.What have they ever done to stand up and give this country their military support?

Israel is our friend and the only country in that region that has a democracy. I believe it's worth helping them.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.informationliberation.com...

It's Iraq, round 2, all over again...And the cycle keeps repeating and repeating and repeating....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

It's Iraq, round 2, all over again...And the cycle keeps repeating and repeating and repeating....

Sorry, I am not buying what you are selling.
The cycle appears to keep repeating because there will always be lunatic dictators who are hell bent on destruction and not because of some elite conspiracy.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Sorry, I am not buying what you are selling.
The cycle appears to keep repeating because there will always be lunatic dictators who are hell bent on destruction

Indeed...And the biggest one on earth resides in the Whitehouse at present...Keep enjoying that tastey kool-aid!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Indeed...And the biggest one on earth resides in the Whitehouse at present...Keep enjoying that tastey kool-aid!

Sorry, but that is your warped interpretation.......you should try some kool-aid.....its TASTY!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
There was a time in my life that I would have totally agreed with you that we must keep Iran from building nukes.It still bothers me that they could have nukes,but what makes us their judge.Who are we to police the entire world and expect them to accept our standards.

Considering Iran is killing U.S. troops by providing money, arms and militia plus all the comments from them wanting to destroy Israel, I believe it is warranted.

Israel is our friend and the only country in that region that has a democracy. I believe it's worth helping them.

Israel is not our "friend", they are our effing lap dog and its a shame we have to put up with it. You say they are the only democracy? Who are we to push our politcal views on others? Who is to say that our way of living is the "best"? I think the only reason we are even involved is because Israel is a BULLY and we are their big brother. When someone finally stands up to Israel, they come crying back to us, and its bull. We barely have the money to take care of ourselves, and we have to worry about Israel? We have so many obligations to that country its rediculous - take care of our own people, and Israel should learn how to be a bit more diplomatic instead of fighting over everything. Maybe if they weren't so aggresive and trying to push their ways on others the others wouldn't hate them.

Israel is nothing but a leech on our economy, period.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
Israel is not our "friend", they are our effing lap dog and its a shame we have to put up with it. You say they are the only democracy?

Don't be silly. Of course they are our friends.

Who are we to push our politcal views on others?

Umm...we are not. We are preventing others from destroying ours.

Israel should learn how to be a bit more diplomatic instead of fighting over everything. Maybe if they weren't so aggresive and trying to push their ways on others the others wouldn't hate them.

I did not realize you believe that defending and protecting yourself from lunatics was wrong.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No one has proven Iran is supplying weapons and everytime we are supposed to prove it "something comes up" Even if they are supplying what the hell do you think we would be doing if China invaded Mexico and had a huge army...we would probably slip a few bombs in also..

Israel may be our ally but they are also the cause of a lot of our problems because we feel the need to protect them....Let them protect themselves their are big boys.

and defending ourselves from lunatics is Ok but when has Iran invaded our country? When has Iraq? When did Vietnam? When did N Korea? When these guys invade I say kick their a$$ but until then stay our of their business. The taliban did invade and they got what they deserve.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
you guys do understand that if we were to start a war with iran, America would feel this sharply not to mention a draft would almost be said an done.

Why a war, we are flippin Human beings, in 2008, an we still handle our problems but blowing things up,

If we were truely as smart as we say an think, we would of been supplying the nuke parts to iran, thru bogus relation groups that we seeded before hand, an sold them parts that seemed fine, but when used would fall apart..... throwing them into a costly an time comsuming venture, or even place tracking deivces inside the metal parts, so we would know where they were an bomb em. Limiting deaths but increasing non-living damage.

We have smart bombs but they are only as smart as the mission opperators.

How about Smart Wars...... then theres no need for smart bombs, cuz we used our wits over their bronze.

Maybe just maybe our quarrels will be handled in a unified mass group consenses, but maybe Im just truely not supposed to be here. lol

Typos have been added to Piss you off.......

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Even if they are supplying what the hell do you think we would be doing if China invaded Mexico and had a huge army...we would probably slip a few bombs in also..

ok, got it. You think it is ok for Iran to be killing U.S. troops and have no consequences for their actions. Sorry, but I don't agree.

Israel may be our ally but they are also the cause of a lot of our problems because we feel the need to protect them....Let them protect themselves their are big boys.

Well, they are not that big and surrounded by thugs. Boy, I would hate to be your friend since you will not cover my back when needed.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic

Or you are just to lazy to spell check or look up words in a dictionary.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

ok, got it. You think it is ok for Iran to be killing U.S. troops and have no consequences for their actions. Sorry, but I don't agree.

Well, they are not that big and surrounded by thugs. Boy, I would hate to be your friend since you will not cover my back when needed.

We gave the taliban bombs to kill the soviets did they blow us up? The soviets gave bombs to N vietnam did we blow them up?

When you invade a country u need to realize it may have collateral effects and that is one of them and if our government wasnt smart enough to realize this then I dont know what to say. Heres an idea get our of Iraq then you dont need to worry about it ...now theres a good idea.

Isreals military is strong and can kicks anyones butt over there hell probably 2 and 3 at one time they dont need our help. If they get INVADED then maybe we can help them out some buy only if they need it. No one has touched them Im not sending people kids to die for Isreal or any country for that matter unless they really really need it but not a minute before that.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

We gave the taliban bombs to kill the soviets did they blow us up? The soviets gave bombs to N vietnam did we blow them up?

Not sure what exactly you are trying to say.

If they get INVADED then maybe we can help them out some buy only if they need it.

That's nice of you but once invaded its probably to late.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic

Or you are just to lazy to spell check or look up words in a dictionary.

actually My dear watson, I say things an mean what I say. Its truely to piss people off.... I spell check when I feel like it, but for the most part, I honestly dont care if you understand what I say or if you misunderstand it that Im stupid or lazy. Its my form of free speech.

THE statement was truly meant as it was said. since i have people inserting witty lil remarks in reguards to my placement of letters an grammer. starting to smell a lil in here with the opinons..... lol

Lets jump back onto the OP's topic an not my personal agenda to piss people off.... thats Classified.

As for Iran, we would be foolish to start with them without fixing things in iraq, Oh wait we cant thats why we are there in the 1st place.... Becuz some people knew it would be a neverending war kinda like the war on drugs an the 3 letter agencies who transport so called legal shipments into the united states to sell for Black ops, so that their money trail wont lead back to USA....

Iran is full of extrmemly awesome people, yes its a 75% thing, the other 25% hate everything america stands for since they were brainwashed to think such since they were lil embryos.... Mickey The Jihadist Mouse anyone?

Or maybe you prefer Donald the Marty'ed Duck......

Who ever Your fancy is with, Iran breed some loose cannons... an their Prez doesnt really have much say, their Leader does thoe and thats not the prez. Hes a Puppet for show an tell.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Not sure what exactly you are trying to say.

If they get INVADED then maybe we can help them out some buy only if they need it.

That's nice of you but once invaded its probably to late.

We gave the Taliban weapons when the soviets invaded in the 80s. Did the Soviets come and nuke us? Did we nuke the Soviets when they gave weapons to N Vietnam? Invading Iran has nothing to do with them putting weapons in Iraq even though I still havent seen proof that they are so why do we need to go start another war one that Im sure you will be drafted in. Dont believe everything bush tells you and if you want to then just do me a favor salute accordingly.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by mybigunit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join