It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama meets privately with Michigan Muslim leader

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
You mean he met PRIVATELY with a Muslim leader!!! That either means he's Muslim and wants to destroy America

Uh ... no. I didn't say that. It means he's already having PRIVATE meetings with certain groups (ANY group) and not letting everyone know what he is doing.

So much for transparency.
So much for change.
So much for unity.

Originally posted by atlscribe
scared of change

Oh ... that tired rhetoric again? Change? What change? He's corrupt. He lies. He is a racist. And he is having private meetings with groups and is trying to keep his private meetings hushed up.

Some 'change'. Sounds like all the rest of the politicians.

When the change finally comes, it's going to hit them like a ton of bricks.

When Obama gets in we ALL are going to get hit like a ton of bricks. And all his little minions and disciples are going to have buyers remorse.

Originally posted by bigbert81
At least you're not falling for some of this BS reasons to not vote for Obama.

Corruption, lies, racism, bad judgement and secret meetings are NOT BS reasons. Tell me berti .. are you one of those 'PAID BLOGGERS' of Obama's that is running amuk on the internet? Shilling for dollars?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

scared of change

Oh ... that tired rhetoric again? Change? What change? He's corrupt. He lies. He is a racist. And he is having private meetings with groups and is trying to keep his private meetings hushed up.

Some 'change'. Sounds like all the rest of the politicians.

Can you prove he is a racist?

Also, I'm not speaking of a philosophical change, I'm speaking of a literal change. A generational change. A change - meaning the first black President.

You seem threatened by the prospect.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Corruption, lies, racism, bad judgement and secret meetings are NOT BS reasons. Tell me berti .. are you one of those 'PAID BLOGGERS' of Obama's that is running amuk on the internet? Shilling for dollars?

Ahhh, putting words in my mouth and twisting 'em around again I see...

My comment was directed towards the premise of this thread. I don't know why I constantly have to defend each and every sentence I write with you, Fannie, but perhaps you should look at whom I'm speaking to, and where I'm speaking to them.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'm all for Obama, and not afraid to say I voted for him in the primaries and will vote for him in the generals. Anyways .. I hear this talk of him being a "muslim" when he was younger. It is used to try to smear him, some claim he's still muslim. I guess thats the "conspiracy theory" being looked at here, whether Obama is a secret muslim or has special ties to the muslim community?

Well, allow me to tell you, that muslims do not like people who "used" to be a muslim, but no longer. Thats called an apostate, and it is the single worst crime you can commit as a muslim, written in the koran. it states death for all apostates, to the point of hunting them down, finding them in any state or country. Oh yeah and disregarding any laws which may say "you arent allowed to kill people in this country".

So, I think had Obama actually BEEN a muslim once, we'd be getting a ton of negative stuff from the radical islamists, seeing as he would be considered an apostate to them, they'd hate him like they hate Salmin Rushdie, the guy who wrote "The Satanic Verses" book about the Koran having some pagan stuff in it. And theyve made numerous statements condemning him, but none of Obama... could it be .. he was never muslim?

*ding ding ding ding* *lights flashing*

"you are our winner! you have slain the ignorance and baseless assumptions with your knowledge and respect for the customs of another religion, runetang!"

cool, I win. Anyways, let me just say NO muslim would seriously meet with Obama if he was an apostate. He was never a true muslim. If he was, why isnt Al-Qaeda after him, talking bad about him? you know they would.

the truth is, he is just meeting the guy because michigan was one of two states that violated primary rules and so their primaries didnt count.

Obama's name was not even on the michigan ballot people, there was only Clinton's name, because Obama knew michigan violated the rules. The same for Florida. He was on the Florida ballot, but barely spent a dime there. Clinton spent tons of cash there, full well knowing their primary wasnt going to count, or supposed to due to the breaking of the rules, the knowing breaking of the rules by choice.

So, the jist of all this is as follows: Obama is trying to tie up all loose ends, all possible ways for Hillary to steal his nomination. One way is to get the full Florida and Michigan delegates in her pocket seated, while Obama would have none, as he didnt compete. This isnt going to happen but Obama wants to make damn sure his nomination which he's spent millions trying to win isn't going to be stolen from him through trickery.

So what does he do? he meets an influential leader from that state. So influential he is the head of all muslims in america. And what did he probably say to the guy? He probably let him know, "Hey, as soon as I am President, I am going to put a stop to this whole Crusading Witch Hunt on the Muslim people, I am going to put a stop to wholesale slaughter of their innocents due to collateral damage in wars, and I am going to discourage the racism growing against Arabs and South Asians in America, which is surpassing the hate for Blacks as near as the 1950's, 1960's.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Can you prove he is a racist?

Oh please. He sat in the pews for 20 years listening (and nodding his head in agreement to) anti-white racist crap from Uncle Wright. No one could do that unless they agreed with the racism. He's a racist.

I'm not speaking of a philosophical change,

Like i said - he's corrupt, he lies, he's a racist, he has secret meetings, he lacks transparancy, he misleads, and he's CFR. NO CHANGE.

A change - meaning the first black President.

Oh .. vote for someone based upon their skin color.
Yeah .. that's different alright.
Smart too! :shk:

You seem threatened by the prospect.

Typical Obamatron - calling someone a racist or a bigot simply because they dont' want to vote for Obama BASED ON THE FACT that he offers no change, no hope and no unity.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
When Obama gets in we ALL are going to get hit like a ton of bricks. And all his little minions and disciples are going to have buyers remorse.

Flyers, you know I respect you, but I disagree with this in the manner you stated it. In this, you are implying that due to Obama becoming President, things will be very bad, worse, in America due to his "change" platform, which when enacted will make all Americans stifled due to his policies affecting their lives, correct?

Well if you are, I think that is pretty lame to blame it on Obama. Anyone with a pea brain knows that the Bush administration with its' wars and silly bills has completely and utterly wrecked our economy as well as damaged our military capacity pretty good, and are hiding it with everything they've got: stimulus checks for the masses, the fed continually dropping the interest rate, etc.

So as soon as they leave? The veil will be totally lifted, and yes, our country is going to be probably worse than it is now, the standard of living will probably be even a little worse for a while, before it gets better, possibly. But im willing to accept that to ultimately change it for the better, fix it, and have a country to be proud of, that the world is proud of, instead of a hollow, broken shell of a former idea embodied in a bully nation gone bankrupt.

So there will be recession regardless of who becomes president, it will not be Obama's "fault". Furthermore, if we dont change we are staying the same, right? Theres change, and then stagnation. Are you suggesting lets stay the course, keeping sweeping the evidence of our economies impending doom under the rug of the White House, sweeping the facts about our breaking military under the rug, and keep raising the debt, fight some more wars in the name of anti-proliferation of nukes and other dangerous weapons, or even wars because "we dont like your leaders"? ala Iraq?

Are you wishing Mccain wins? How could anyone other than a neo con want Mccain in office? Im just curious of your point of view, thats all. please elaborate.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
please elaborate.

Ask and ye shall receive ....

you are implying that due to Obama becoming President, things will be very bad, worse, in America due to his "change" platform,

Two things -
1 - YES, when Obama becomes POTUS (and I believe he will) things will be very bad. WORSE then now. Every economist worth his weight will tell you that raising taxes is bad for the economy and bad for Wall Street. Obama HAS TO raise taxes to cover his 287 billion $$ a year in new spending. Simply cutting the war out (which he really can't do) won't pay for it. And when he says DUMB things like he wants to cut the space program for five years to pay for schooling ..... his severe lack of understanding of how the economy and international business dealings shows through very clearly.

2 - His 'change' platform is rhetoric. He offers no change. He is corrupt. He lies. He misleads. He has NO clue about economics. He's racist. and He has (as the topic of this thread states) SECRET meetings with certain groups (could be any group - muslim doesn't mean anything) in order to facilitate their support. NO CHANGE.

I think that is pretty lame to blame it on Obama.

Did you know that we are not in a recession? That's right. People keep saying that we are. But we are not. The housing market is going through a NECESSARY CORRECTION. Speculators and flippers and those who bought past their means drove the market up to unrealistic heights. The bubble had to burst. It is HEALTHY for this correction to take place.

The economy is on the verge of a recession - mostly due to out of control fuel costs which hit everything - including the food industry. But we are not in a recession. Obama's 'economic plans' would definately push us way over the edge on that.

stimulus checks for the masses,

Damn stupid idea.

it will not be Obama's "fault".

You betchya it will be.

Furthermore, if we dont change we are staying the same, right?

And Obama doesn't offer 'change'. He says the word like a mantra to hypnotize the masses. But he offers no change.

Are you wishing Mccain wins?

No. My wish - a pipe dream really - would be for Ron Paul to win.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

So, even though "Mich. Has Largest U.S. Muslim Population"... what do you think would happen if the Muslim community was even granted the 'OK' to do something like this...

Zionists to "Israelize" Michigan State Fairgrounds

The Jewish Federation's web site... unashamedly brags "We will have exclusive use of the State Fairgrounds (including rides and attractions) the day before it opens to the general public, which allows us to 'Israelize' the State Fair." Really, why should the "chosen people" have to share the fairgrounds with the goyim when they have the power to get it all to themselves?

Israel at 60 is a state that continues to deny Palestinian refugees their UN-sanctioned right to return to their homes and receive compensation, simply because they are “non-Jews.” It still illegally occupies Palestinian and other Arab lands, in violation of numerous UN resolutions. It persists in its blatant denial of fundamental Palestinian human rights, in contravention of international humanitarian law and human rights conventions. It still subjects its own Palestinian citizens to a system of institutionalized discrimination, strongly reminiscent of the defunct apartheid regime in South Africa. And Israel gets away with all this, thanks to the unprecedented immunity granted to it by the unlimited and munificent US and European economic, diplomatic, political, and academic support.

Stay tuned for announcements about protests of the "Israelization" of the Michigan State Fairgrounds.

Not nearly as many if it was Muslims, most likely, eh?

A Fair to Remember

For Israel’s 60th anniversary, we are going to rekindle the spirit, energy and pride of those exciting days by holding the largest gathering of the Jewish community in more than half a century. On August 21, 2008 over 15,000 people from Detroit and neighboring Jewish communities will join together at the Michigan State Fair for the greatest celebration in the history of our Jewish community. We will have exclusive use of the State Fairgrounds (including rides and attractions) the day before it opens to the general public, which allows us to “Israelize” the State Fair.

So, seriously... I wonder how the 'large Muslim population in michigan' feels about this? Maybe goes to show, once again, how much the Jews are guided to the head of the line by the Zionist hand and their whole 'gods chosen people' garbage

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
what do you think would happen if the Muslim community was even granted the 'OK' to do something like this...

It happens all the time. Google up Six Flags Muslm Day. The nation wide theme park - Six Flags - has exclusive MUSLIM DAY at each of their parks every year. Exclusive - for MUSLIMS ONLY.

Six Flags isn't the only one to do these things. I have heard of others.
At the moment, they are the ones I can remember.

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
So, seriously... I wonder how the 'large Muslim population in michigan' feels about this?

So, seriously ... I wonder how the 'large NON-Muslim population in the USA' feels about this?

[edit on 5/17/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
why is it a bad thing to be meeting with senior figures of diffirent groups?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine

How much more evidence do you pro Obama voters need? Just think... this story is only one of the few that we hear about.

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Pres.Bush met some muslims during the years. OMG he must be ......a muslim. How paranoid can you get?!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ok -- did the google... interesting... and there were alot of protest articles with info ones. I'll seriously look for protests on this in Michigan.

Can I have an all "White" day at Six-Flags? I'm sure I'd be laughed out the door...

... and speaking as an American and non-muslim population... I don't like either one of these things nor with politicians cozying up and "appeasing" (points for 'word of the day'?) ANY groups or population. This is America... we are all Americans... drop the worthless and divisive "prefixes"... Jewish-American, African-American, Mexican-American, Italian-American, Asian-American... WTF
YOU'RE AMERICAN!! Be concerned with the problems we are facing as Americans... not as 'your people'... nor your country you feel 'loyal' to... you're an American. And anyone with dual-citizen status... choose now... and stay or go the [SNIP] home! And the remaining Americans can try to get this damn country back to being what it was intended to be. But that starts with dismantling this government we currently employ. Come November... [color=ORANGE]THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT!! Anyone the media has currently shown us is not anyone you should be voting for. Those are the only 'wasted votes' I see. [/rant]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
He's an idiot---his wife is a nuckle dragger(very ugly) and she's a liar tooooooo. This is a no brainer THEY WILL NEVER BE IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

NEXT DISCUSSION--back to reality....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Has things gotten so bad for the GOP and Hillary that their supporters are trying to get the more gullible Americans to believe Obama is a stealth Muslim trying to destroy our country.

I really failt o see how meeting with people of other faiths is bad thing. Such meetings could only improve relations and understanding of the others views. As we have seen with the current administration, simply using blind hatred against those of another faith to guide their decisions only leads to failures.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
SO?

Since when was it a crime to meet with a Muslim leader, or a Jewish, or Christian or a Buddhist or a Hindu or even an atheist?

The claim that Obama is a Muslim is nothing more than a smear tactic, the assumption that, if he were Muslim (which should be neither here nor there, his religion or lack thereof shouldn't matter at all, the real issue is can he govern) he would somehow sell this country out.

If he is an American citizen then it is his right to run for office, even for president, and hold it regardless of his religion.

It is an ugly tactic, racist and xenophobic and those of you who push it should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

OH NO Grover, you've got it all WRONG!

NOBODY is being racist or xenophobic, they're just concerned model citizens looking out for our country because Hussein Osama is having PRIVATE meetings! It's obvious he's not letting everyone know what he's doing and trying to keep his PRIVATE meetings hushed up! Can't you see that?

You need to be more grateful to those people who uncovered this secret plot and brought it to our attention.

Imam Hassan Qazwini, head of the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, met privately with Sen. Barack Obama at Macomb Community College on May 14, 2008.

The Detroit Free Press and their staff photographer need to be commended too, for their amazing coverage of this secret meeting.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
yeah right.

and I assume that it has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Democrat and those involved in this smear campaign are Republicians huh?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
and I assume that it has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Democrat and those involved in this smear campaign are Republicians huh?

You have got to take of those partisan blinders. this is the kind of response that makes me lose faith in humanity..."he is a democrat/republican, black/white, that is why i am voting for him/her"

why don't we vote for a persons credentials and experience and ideals and not divide among party lines?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just another politician pandering to the potentials. Obama will sell our virtues for his vices so he can get elected. He's also probably practicing to discuss issues with ME Muslims later on in his presidency. This all doesn't mean he'll actually carry out his plans once he's elected. In the White House he could still screw us over with secret deals and "fly moves", brushing off critics and opponents as he pleases.

Yep, just another politician pandering to the potentials. We still don't know the true measure of the man OR his motivations.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Alright so let me get this straight.

Obama is a terrorist because some of the members in his family are of Muslim relations and hes also a terrorist because he met with a American Muslim leader privately. You people are so ridicules. Have you ever stop to think that maybe it is because they are friend? Oh wait...if they are friends you people will just say hes a terrorist again, dang i need another example. Ok how is this one for a change. Obama meets the Muslim leader to talk about how he thinks the American laws and economy effects him and other American Muslims...and maybe...just maybe..it was scheduled by his campaign requested by the American Muslim leader.

Do you expect him to drop all his Muslim relations just because hes running as President? God you people need help...for once maybe this guy is the change and maybe this guy is what we need...hell hes the only one since JFK to actually admit the Government needs to be checked and cleaned up for corruption.

Obama '08
Fayetteville N.C Obama Volunteer.
"Change America or God help us"

EDITED TO ADD - You guys are saying he has secret plans to screw up over..yet you have no proof what so ever...you guys are saying hes a radical because he has a Muslim friend...how stupid. Thats like you saying that about a Muslim having a Christian or Catholic friend. So stupid and so disrespectful. At least make up something that makes since..

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Mr.x211]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join