It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Washington, Freemason and British Soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
George Washington's great-grandfather came to America from Essex, England around 1631 and emigrated to what was then the Colony of Virginia. The Colony of Virginia was named in the 16th century for Queen Elizabeth I, the "Virgin Queen" who never married.

John Washington then married the daughter of a wealthy plantation owner, and received 700 acres, and being a successful planter, he eventually served in the House of Burgesses.

The House of Burgesses was empowered to enact legislation for the colony, but its actions were subject to veto by the governor, council and ultimately by the directors in London.

John Washington was then appointed a Colonel in the Virginia militia, which led up to the Bacon's Rebellion, where the frontiersmen rebelled against the British Governor. The elitist plantation owners were grabbing up all the best lands, and the average small farmer was getting pushed into the backcountry, where they were getting attacked by the Natives.

John Washington led a company of men that ended up killing 6 tribal leaders, which angered the Natives more, but pleased the elitist plantation owners.
The local parish of the Anglican Church (the established church in Virginia, and thereby a tax district of the county) was changed to Washington in his honor.

George Washington became a Master Mason at the age of 21. The next year, Washington was commissioned a lieutenant colonel in the British supported Virginia militia, and led an expedition to drive the French out of Fort Duquesne.

Washington lost the battle, and in the terms of the surrender, was forced to
admit he had assassinated the scouts and their leader at the Battle of Jumanville Glen.

Released by the French, George Washington returned to Virginia, where he resigned rather than accept demotion. In 1755, Washington was an aide to British General Edward Braddock on the ill-fated Monongahela expedition.

Braddock was killed, and Washington rallied the British and Virginian troops
to retreat, and he was branded a hero. For his reward, he was promoted to
colonel, and commander of all Virginia forces.

In 1758, Washington participated as a brigadier general in the Forbes expedition that prompted French evacuation of Fort Duquesne, and British establishment of Pittsburgh. Later that year, Washington resigned from active military service.

The next year, Washington met a wealthy widow, who owned the "White House Plantation", and married her. Washington's marriage to a wealthy widow greatly increased his property holdings and social standing. He acquired one-third of the 18,000 acre Daniel Park Custis estate upon his marriage, and managed the remainder on behalf of Martha's children.

Daniel Custis's father, John Custis, was a member of the powerful Virginia governers council. By 1775, Washington had doubled the size of Mount Vernon to 6,500 acres, with over 100 slaves.

In July 1774, he chaired the meeting at which the Fairfax Resolves were adopted, which called for, among other things, the convening of a Continental Congress. In August, he attended the First Virginia Convention, where he was selected as a delegate to the First Continental Congress

The First Continental Congress was a convention of delegates from twelve British North American colonies, and was the formation of Congress as we know it today. They banded together to fight King George III, who wanted British rule.

At the Second Continental Congress, Washington was appointed Commander in Chief of the Continental Army, suddenly appearing in military uniform, after 16 yrs of being away from the military.

Was Washington sent in as a British double agent?

Although negative toward the patriots in the Continental Congress, British newspapers routinely praised Washington's personal character and qualities as a military commander.In August 1776, British General William Howe launched a massive naval and land campaign designed to seize New York and offer a negotiated settlement.

The Continental Army under Washington engaged the enemy for the first time as an army of the newly-declared independent United States at the Battle of Long Island, the largest battle of the entire war. This and several other British victories sent Washington scrambling out of New York and across New Jersey, leaving the future of the Continental Army in doubt.

Washington was defeated at the Battle of Brandywine on September 11, 1777.
Howe outmaneuvered Washington and marched into Philadelphia unopposed

Washington's army unsuccessfully attacked the British garrison at Germantown in early October. Meanwhile Burgoyne, out of reach from help from Howe, was trapped and forced to surrender his entire army of six men at Saratoga, New York.

As a result of this battle, France entered the war as an open ally of the Americans, turning the Revolution into a major world-wide war.Washington's loss of Philadelphia prompted some members of Congress to discuss removing Washington from command. This episode failed after Washington's supporters rallied behind him.

The British evacuated Philadelphia in 1778 and returned to New York City. Meanwhile, Washington remained with his army outside New York, and in the summer of 1779, at Washington's direction, General John Sullivan, in retaliation for Iroquois and Tory attacks against American settlements earlier in the war, carried out a decisive scorched earth campaign that destroyed at least forty Iroquois villages throughout what is now upstate New York.

On November 25, 1783 the British evacuated New York City, and Washington and the governor took possession. The Electoral College elected Washington unanimously in 1789, and again in the 1792 election; he remains the only president to receive 100% of electoral votes

In 1791, Congress imposed an excise tax on distilled spirits, which led to protests in frontier districts, especially Pennsylvania. By 1794, after Washington ordered the protesters to appear in U.S. district court, the protests turned into full-scale riots known as the Whiskey Rebellion. The federal army was too small to be used, so Washington invoked the Militia Act of 1792 to summon the militias of Pennsylvania, Virginia and several other states.

Sources;
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.earlyamerica.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutbothways

Washington lost the battle, and in the terms of the surrender, was forced to
admit he had assassinated the scouts and their leader at the Battle of Jumanville Glen.

This is a perfect example of how "cutbothways" twists words in order to suit his agenda. What the Wikipedia article *really* says is

Washington and his troops were overwhelmed at Fort Necessity by a larger and better positioned French and Indian force. The terms of surrender included a statement that Washington had assassinated the scouts and their leader at the Battle of Jumonville Glen.

Source

Notice how CBW adds the line "forced to admit", as if Washington were really guilty of assasination.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

What are you suggesting, Washington didn't assassinate the prisoners and he simply signed the document to get out of a jam?

First, this was one of many surrenders by Washington.
Second, I find it curious that you suggest the French made
this up.

Capitulation granted by Mons. De Villier, Captain of infantry and commander of troops of his most Christian Majesty, to those English troops actually in the fort of Necessity which was built on the lands of the King's dominions
July the 3rd, at eight o'clock at night, 1754.

As our intention had never been to trouble the peace and good harmony which reigns between the two friendly princes, but only to revenge the assassination which has been done on one of our officers, bearer of a summons, upon his party, as also to hinder any establishment on the lands of the dominions of the King, my master.
Upon these considerations, we are willing to grant protection of favor, to all the English that are in the said fort, upon conditions hereafter mentioned.

and to secure the safe performance of this treaty article, as was as of the treaty, Messrs. Jacob Van Braam and Robert Stobo, both Captains shall be delivered to us as hostages until the arrival of our French and Canadians herein before mentioned.

www.nps.gov...

December 12, 1753.

I prepared early to wait upon the Commander, and was received and conducted to him by the second Officer in Command. I acquainted him with my Business, and offered my Commission and Letter: Both of which he desired me to keep till the Arrival of Monsieur Riparti Captain, at the next Fort, who was sent for and expected every Hour.

This Commander is a Knight of the military Order of St. Lewis, and named Legardeur de St. Pierre. 57 He is an elderly Gentleman, and has much the Air of a Soldier. He was sent over to take the Command immediately upon the Death of the late General, and arrived here about seven Days before me.

Source

[edit on 16-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
so one has to fight to set up a proper country like Washington did
I am a freemason as well- i joined to learn the secrets
and there are no real secrets, or maybe there are its difficult to explain- but the country any country has to start somewhere..
whats the big deal

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am the 9th generation nephew of George Washington, his brother Samuel is my 9th generation grand-father and his dad, Auguste, my 10th generation grand-father. This whole thread is such complete Bovine Scatology based on nothing but garbage....

BTW, George was appointed president by the wealthy land owners of Virginia the first time, but was elected the second time around... And you should know that besides being a Free Mason, he was a very devout Episcopalian as a majority of our presidents have been...

www.adherents.com...

All of the founding fathers for the most part were Masons and without them, you wouldn't have the freedom to post your tripe.

BTW, for you deist Jefferson guys, Jefferson was also an Episcopalian, baptized, the whole works.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

So, Washington was not a British soldier?

That is the subject of the thread. We all knew he was a mason,
and laid the cornerstone of a capitol built in a swamp and made
to look like a plantation.

Washington was an elitist, who got his position because he was in the brotherhood and loyal to King George II, who was a mason, and King George III was not.

But, if you have a problem with the info I posted, you should take it up with the links I posted. I made nothing up.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If my uncle was an elitist then why was he out surveying the country side of Virginia and making the first maps? He surveyed a lot of Virginia and Maryland and his initials are carved all over the place where he did his work. Check out Natural Bridge someday, or the side of our house outside of Strasburg....

I dont' see an elitist out camping and living among the natives. Again, you are full of stuff....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Who was he surveying the land for?

The commonwealth. It was a bunch of
English elitists, who set up a British
style parliament in Virginia.

That is historical fact, unless
you have other info.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The Virginia House of Burgesses was originally setup up like the British government, I know all about it, Gentleman James Holloway, my name sake, was it's first leader... This same group of people decided to no longer live under the opression of British Rule and created our country today. You can call them all elites, my family came here on land grants from Lord Fairfax and Lord Baltimore as well Lord Baltimore probated my 13th generation grandfathers will (Henry Truluck) but they were not elite, they were land owners in the old country who hated living under the kings thumb and came here to get away from the B.S. and oppressive rule. They volunteered to come here as they knew the reach of the king would be minimal and they could have some freedom....

BTW, GW surveyed the land for fellow land owners, not just the king. Thomas Jefferson used to own natural bridge and that area outside of Charlottesville and GW surveyed it for free for Thomas Jefferson. Ofcourse the men were cousins, both related through the Miller family in Lebanon Church...

You might also know that Merriweather Lewis was a cousin of Thomas Jefferson as well, that's how he got the job, plus the fact that not many people lived here in those days so you had to pick someone you knew and trusted....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Land grants. From someone who called themselves lord. Lord of what, their egos.

What gave them the right to grant the land in the first place?
Who did they take it from?

Why did they receive grants? Because they were masons maybe?

It's been about the elitists taking care of other elitists all along.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It seems that you are under the impression that the entire world is out to get you, and somehow everyone in the world is masonicly linked or involved in the greatest conspiracy of megalomania one could possibly imagine.

Every single thread that you start, you somehow cut and paste together some giant masonic conspiracy. For which the only supporting thesis that you have is that everyone is somehow a devil worshipping child rapist. With no explanation as to why anyone in their right mind would even entertain such ludicrous ideas.

The only thing that you are succesfully achieving with your banter is proselytizing to the world how unknowledgable you truely are about what Freemasonry is and what it means to call ones self a Freemason.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

There is nothing "free" about freemasonry.

You pay you dues, and take your oaths, to whatever
god you feel like worshipping.

I dare you to break your oath, and tell us a REAL secret
about masonry, like how your trapped once your in the
organization.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Land Grants came to those upper class in the UK whom wanted to move to the new world. It had nothing to do with the Masons... It had to do with those who were deemed worthy and capable, those who had proven themselves to the crown before, regardless of Masonry... My family, Holloway, were men of the cloth, educated at Oxford, I am the 23rd generation of my family to go to University and guess, what, I am not a Mason and I do work for a living.... I don't know about your lot in life but I do know the only person keeping you from getting what you want in life is you....

You need to remember that those in the north, New York, and others came here and were not landed gentry, they were common folk and not Masons at all so I guess they were illuminati right?

As far as Elitist helping Elitists.. I would imagine you help your friends right? So why would anyone turn around and hand a few million acres of land to some drunk scab in the gutter? They wouldn't! They would go to someone they knew who would take care of it, or do with it what they wanted done... You need to remember that the victors of battle get to write history and the victors were the kings of Europe so guess what, it all makes sense...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Stomp, what exactly is the premiss of this thread? Overlooking your biased misquoatation, do you want Masons to admit that George Washington was a British soldier before the revolution? He certainly was, along with nearly every other future officer in the Continental Army.

Regarding your 'Washinton as double agent' question. It would seem, if true, that the British did a very poor job in their selection process.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For those of you interested in George Washington, the Freemason's connections to the founding of Ameria, etc., I highly recommend this book : 'Solomons Builders Freemasons Founding Washington' :

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210980393&sr=1-2

(note, i am not the author, don't work for the publisher or Amazon - i just think it is an excellent and accurate book that fairly discussed GW and the Masons.)

Being a Master Mason himelf, the author fairly addresses Masonry as well as discusses a lot of interesting history of America that I didn't know.

top topics

join