It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Cent & Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Paper In 50 Cent's New 'Hood Wants P.I.M.P. On Town Council

Editorial imagines packed meetings, youth involvement.

by Shaheem Reid

50 Cent (file) (John Shearer)

50 Cent was probably joking when he recently told reporters he was thinking of running for town council in his new hometown of Farmington, Connecticut. A local newspaper, however, says the G-Unit's biggest G should consider getting serious.

E-Mail this story to a friend

Staff writer Bill Larkin wrote an editorial in Thursday's The Herald of New Britain urging last year's top-selling musical artist to get involved in local politics. Larkin said a 50 run for office would galvanize the community and inspire young people to pay closer attention to politics that affect them directly.

"Do you really think public participation would be a problem if Curtis Jackson was the first speaker on the agenda?" he asked.

Larkin suggested that the rapper's term in office would add much-needed diversity to a council consisting solely of older Caucasian men.

His plea may fall on deaf ears, of course. We'll probably see Arnold Schwarzenegger run for president before 50 gets sidetracked from his lucrative touring and recording career, which includes an LP due later this year.

50 Cent also oversees releases on G-Unit Records. Label newcomer Game hopes to release his debut this year, Interscope Records has tentatively slated a Lloyd Banks solo album for May, and Young Buck's LP is also scheduled to drop sometime in 2004.

This report is from MTV News.

Is it possible??

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a rapper as a politician? I swear politics are becoming such a joke.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

only becoming? EDIT: i thought they already were, and have been for a VERY long while.

and this is just sickening, the man obviously has low moral standards. listen to his music. wait, since when is this bad or unnormal for a politician? crap, society sucks.

[Edited on 2/29/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't see it happening.

"Politic with the willies, the real shot callers" -50 Cent, As The World Turns

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
doesnt surprise me a bit....

doesnt anybody remember Hulk Hogan!?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
have you forgotten about Jesse Ventura alredy?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am going to tell you why it wouldnt happen. He wouldnt follow suit.

Then he would get popped, and you know who they will point the finger at. Punk A.. Ja

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I am going to tell you why it wouldnt happen. He wouldnt follow suit.

Then he would get popped, and you know who they will point the finger at. Punk A.. Ja

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

i love it! he'd get popped!

but youre right, he wouldnt follow suit.
people just dont follow through, when he's got that much money, who would want to go spend it on something like saving a country????? im sure things would work out much better if they just used it to buy a good bottle of wine and an expesive hair cut

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It's been a joke since bush stole the election. Bush is nothing but an international gansta anyway.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Since Bush stole the election? What about Clintons lil affair with white trash Monica? I think politics is a joke in general.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I dont know. I would probably vote for him. I understand he's taken a unique stance on 'playa hatin'. Hopefully he will be the one to finally pass the "bitches aint # act".
hahahahaha

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
maybe he should run for president, screw the little crap. but now that i think about it we have no shortage of losers as it is in politics, but he would fit right it.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
maybe he should run for president, screw the little crap. but now that i think about it we have no shortage of losers as it is in politics, but he would fit right it.

How is 50 a loser?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
I dont know. I would probably vote for him. I understand he's taken a unique stance on 'playa hatin'. Hopefully he will be the one to finally pass the "bitches aint # act".
hahahahaha

LOL!!!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
thats hilariously sad. chuck d should run for president if any rapper should, lol.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by razorbackhater

How is 50 a loser?

He may be good at rapping or w/e (in some peoples opinions) but he would suck ass as a political candidate.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

He may be good at rapping or w/e (in some peoples opinions) but he would suck ass as a political candidate.

How do you know? He might have a unique and innovative stance on the issues. Don't judge a book by it's cover like my momma used to say.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
this world doesn't need more ganstas, it needs more men

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
have you forgotten about Jesse Ventura alredy?

So are you telling the world that in your mind these two men are very similar? Nah, you sure man? Really?

There are similarities true but I have more faith in Jesse Ventura to at least be competent in the job. On the other hand 50 cent may be motivated sufficiently to do take this on, but for what ends?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nah, we need Snoop Dogg in office to legalize the sticky icky.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Tetsuo-51]

top topics

join