It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacker now works at BA office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Hijacker now works at BA office

uk.news.yahoo.com

A member of a gang which hijacked a plane that landed at Stansted Airport now works at a British Airways office building near Heathrow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And they say security is tighter.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I read about this earlier, and remember the incident when it happened.

I'm not entirely sure that these hijackers were an actual threat, or just very desperate people - they threatened to kill everyone on the plane if they weren't granted asylum.

Having said that, it's ironic that this ex(?) hijacker is now working at an airport.

I would assume that given his status he had been very well screened - but it wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake, if there is one.

I also find myself wondering about "sleeper" agents - I'd be interested to know if he was given this job by his caseworkers or if he found it on his own.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
At first glance I was laughing hard at BA's further failings, but after reading the article it's not as bad as it seems.

He works as a cleaner in an office building near an airport.
They hijacked the plane to leave Afghanistan and flee the Taliban.
They took risks to set up a school for girls in Afghanistan.

The 2 bottom points might not actually be true though, but if he only got 30 months for hijacking a plane the court must've had a good reason and evidence for not locking him up for life as a terrorist.

new topics

top topics

join