It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LM-1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My question on this is:
1) what the official name of this is?
2) what the scientific name of the wheels?
3) what the purpose of this for?
4) what the principle of this wheel?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it is from an old old jan-micheal vincent george peppard movie from the 70s called damnation alley it was 1 of 2 armored vechicles that the main characters were using to get to last radio contact in usa

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Are there any recourses on internet?

how does three axis alternately to be drived?

[edit on 16-5-2008 by emile]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Total movie prop. But. . If vehicle could be concieved as an awesome type of all terrain vehicle. The drive system with my own 2 cents could have a gear that in the center of the three wheeled system could drive each wheel seperately but only 2 would go at the same time effectively making it a 8 wheel drive vehicle, upon coming to an obstacle like small boulders or downed trees i can see the 3 wheeled apparatus rotating with the top wheel on the triangle rotating forward and gripping the obstruction and rolling over the object.
Awesome movie. I havent thought about that movie in years iam gonna have to amazon it and get it

thanks

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mcgilligan02

But what's funny in this vehicle's design is that there is a bar blocking any benefit to the rotating triangular wheels overcoming obstacles and the nose of the 'armored personnel carrier' would hit debris before this wheel-treo would ever help. Essentially it looks pretty cool but is really quite a kiddo design =)

top topics

join