It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Embassy Workers Shot in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was hanging out with some friends last night and got bored, so I decided to check CNN on my cell phone, as I like to see what the MSM is pushing out every now and then.

One particular story caught my eye: "Iranian Embassy Employees Shot in Baghdad".

I quickly read over the article because I knew that a situation like this couldn't be good at all for the growing tensions between us and Iran (and if this happened in Iraq, I just assume we had a hand in it). The article goes on to say that 5 embassy officials and one Iraqi were shot in a convoy by Iraqi forces. It also goes on to say that Iran blames the U.S. for this "terrorist attack". Not good.

So I decide to check CNN again this morning, because I assume that this is a huge story, only to find it buried inside the World Page...not even on the front page of the site.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a serious event that could be the precursor for future aggression? I guess the government and the MSM prefer that we not bring attention to this event....

[edit on 16-5-2008 by capyanno]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah, weird. I can only find it on CNN.

It looks like both sides are blaming each other for it.

This is the best quote from the story:

The U.S. military is not in the business of attacking innocent people

Hmm. That's debatable. It could be contractors as well though.

Here's a link to the Story on CNN

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The U.S. government is like a man caught in bed with another woman by his wife. He denies it until the day he dies, even though the evidence is overwhelming...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The governments of this world need to be a hell of a lot more accountable to it's citizens. I get dejavu every time I hear the word Iran, and it's always mentioned in a negative way by mainstream media. Despite the Hundreds of thousands of protesters against the Iraq war the Howard government of Australia thought it would be a good idea to participate in the mass murder and destruction of a country that posed absolutely no threat to us, if Kevin Rudd does the same with Iran there will be very little standing between my fist and his face.

The US is a country that has so much promise and potential, but so much of it's wealth and power has been taken from the citizens and delivered into the hands of those who would keep and misuse it.
It's a grand country and deserves much better than the constant lies and deception from its leaders (much like my country)

Don't allow another war, the world has suffered enough from our lack of intervention against our leaders

new topics

top topics

join