It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Aware of Bogus Scare Crow Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm not naming names, but I will say this: Be aware of bogus threads that lead you astray into the abyss of nonsense. ATS has a lot to offer, but be aware that anyone can sign up and post...and of course many do. You have to sift through the sand to find the genuine true conspiracies.

Forces are here that don't want you to see the true nature of the world around you and so you must be aware and stay sharp. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water...dig and be aware of the bogus headlining threads that often dominate ATS.

Again, it's very tempting, but I am not going to name thread tittles or handles. Just be aware some of the best threads are often buried and so you might have look beyond what you see on the home page.

regards,
Sky.

P.S. I'm posting this thread, because I'm seriously alarmed at the amount of micky mouse threads I am seeing, and I don't want the new person to log on here and see them and then be steared away without knowing that there is more meat here but you have often have to go beyond the silly new threads you see to get to the hard core meat and potatoes, as it were.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
what?

This should be in Board Business & Questions area..

And on a side note, that is why search was invented.. so people can bypass all those stupid posts and get to the real ones.

Besides, if you were to do real research on persay 9/11 or something, you would need a look at all sides of the coin not just 1.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

maybe it should? But have you seen the threads lately? How can you not think a conspiracy is going on?

Click on the home page. Read. Then look me straight in the eye and tell me there is not a concerted effort to derail the true conspiracy threads on here????

[edit on 16-5-2008 by skyshow]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Then again I have stayed clear of anything 9/11 including my own site because of my own sanity and stress on the subject.

I pretty much come here to post stupid things that people over look like that HR 1955 or something..

But I donno I have very sporadic when I post and only look at major news on ATSNN anymore.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I told you, I am not going to call out thread titles or handles. All you have to do sir, is use your brain, and click on home page, and look at the threads that are in circulation headlining, and then go into the relevant rooms and dig through some of lagging pages and if you spend enough time here you will begin to see the gold from the fools gold. If you can't see the obvious, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

Thanks for posting none the less.

Sky.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
well if its person a vs person b, then I would suggest your own research.

If I believed everything that happened on 9/11 I wouldn't be here. The fact is nothing should be taken as truth, not even the bible. Do you own research and come up with your own conclusions. If you think 9/11 is in fact what they said it was fine, if you think space beams knocked the towers down fine, if you think CD fine..

Its good for people to read the crap posts, is even better when they take it as real, shows they don't research.

All the above crap was said about 9/11. CD, Space Beams, official story.. There are countless other ones also but i am just saying there are more than 2 sides to a coin, you have to wade your way thru all the mountains of crap to get to one once of gold...... or whatever...

If your referring to that on post wit Craig whatever in 9/11 forums.. I don't know nothing about him.. from what i read hes a dork or worse.. but whatever.. If it takes people to threaten others because they don't believe a certain thing.. whatever.. The truth will be out one century or another..

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Great that you are interested in the obvious bogus fraud that we call 9/11. Unfortunately, the 9/11 thing really didn't even enter my mind when I posted this thread. But thanks for bringing it up, and so I take it you are defending the Bush administrations official story behind the events? Nice how George kept reading "my pet goat" to the school children even after the second tower got hit...

thanks for adding weight to my post. Next you'll tell us Lee harvey Osweld had nothing to do with the CIA, and that he shot JFK. You'll also have to say that George H.W. Bush wasn't anywhere near the spot on that tragic day? You'd be wrong as hell!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
I take it you are defending the Bush administrations official story behind the events?

Wow thats ironic to be said about me..

I own a site called studyof911.com... No....

I believe the CD in NYC, I think they shot down.... or wasn't a plane for 93, and I ain't sure about the pentagon.. I don't talk about the pentagon cause I really don't know.. but educatedly guessing i would say i missile.

I do research to what leads me to my answers..

Which is what others should do also.. Just because something is there don't mean its real..

If people want to believe that some jet fuel and some office furniture took down the towers then fine.. all the more to them..

If they want to believe that spacebeans took the towers down fine..

If the want to believe people had prior knowledge of the events and prepared months before to rig the towers to blow on 9/11 cool..

I am done trying to tell people what to think how to think.. In the end all it does is cause me stress and pisses me off to no end... And gives me a ton of grey hair.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Ok, fine. Let's just say you are correct, and you might be. What does that have to do with the several dozen or so posts headlining ATS right now?

Did you miss my point or what?

I'm not trying to be nasty or mean...I honestly believe there are interests trying to derail the threads that are really "onto something" as it were. I know there are speculations and people who just want to post for the sake of posting, but if you have been around here much lately you can't help but notice when someone really "stumbles onto something" that the post is immediately buried in layers upon layers of utter nonsense and total distractions.

I mean if your thing is 9/11 man, then click on the 9/11 conspiracy forum...I'm just getting fet up with the Mickey mouse obvious distracting posts that a freaking' 3rd grader could have posted...I mean come one man...how can you not suspect foul play?

It isn't like the information professionals haven't tried to interfere with truth before?

Truly, in friendship,
Sky.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
Then look me straight in the eye and tell me there is not a concerted effort to derail the true conspiracy threads on here????

Is this another one of those 'ATS has been infiltrated' or 'ATS is being monitored' threads?

usually there are at least a couple months between these kind of threads, but the last one only came out 2 weeks ago or so.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thats my whole point..

The reason I threw the space beams in with the other crap i said is because we have narrowed space beams to be dis info. A bunch of us think that way.

For us to get thru the crap we have to read and research.. Plus some big gig happened that Fetzer joined the space beam crowds that didn't seem right..

Anyway if people wanna believe what is put then we cant stop them.. But usually someone smart will challenge the idiot posting crap. Its how we roll on the 9/11 forums. We don't put up with shills and disinfo..

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, and i agree with the last two posts, yours included. I hesitated before posting because I didn't want this to be just another filler post....you are correct ...people also think the same thing and post this same deal every few weeks...

I guess not much we can do other than as you say do our own research and be aware...

Too many wolfs in sheep clothing though, I'm afraid, and it's ashame.

I wish we could put all the nasty folks who are manipulative and create war and the anti-social (usualy our CEO's and upper level politicians and upper level leaders in war industry) folks and put them all one island and let them chew one another to bits. Maybe they could all trade with one another in the worthless fiat currencies....yeah, we will take every last worthless federal reserve note and dump on that island just for them...

Sometimes I wish I weren't educated. I wish I didn't know about a lot of these things...I mean the more you know the worse off you feel about it...and then you find out there are people who make their living trying to prevent society from finding out the thruth...

I can't stand it anymore. I"m going to bed. At least in my sleap the international bankers and war profiteers and fasciasts (Rothchilds / Illuminati / Bush et. al. and all neo-cons and election cheeters) can't control me in my sleep.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's just people being people? I have noticed a trend that many people just want the B.S., and couldn't recognise the real deal if it punched them in the face

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think what you have to also realize is that there are a lot of posts by newer members, myself included, that are still very inexperienced in posting on a forum. Give them time and they will have a better idea of what and how to post. And their threads will have more meat to them.

I also don't think its wrong for people to just post what they may believe or to tell their story. Thats what sites like this are for. Sure there are a few threads that either don't make any sense or are completely one sided but so what? you don't have to look at them. And if others do, that is their choice.

its up to you which posts to look at and take a more serious stance towards.

I believe its called freedom of speech. I personally like the fact that people can have their say here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't have to agree with it, but I respect them just the same. You just have to follow your own gut/heart and decide which threads are true or nonsense to you.

I think you just need to give people a chance and let them make up their own minds. The kind of posts you are talking about haven't steered me away. I'm sure Others will feel the same.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, I have also noticed a distinct shallowing of the headlines and the rise in illogical anti-conspiracy posts. It is quite clear that some things have changed here; I believe it might be an attempt to somehow discredit this site.
On the other hand, there are lots of infantile people who think that disrupting any blog with nonsense posts is 'fun'
You have to understand that most sheeple are too brainwashed to accept the reality. Real sheeple defend their slavers. Real sheeple try to debunk conspiracytheorists per se. The true brainwashee will attack logic and try to corrupt reality into looking like their delusion.
Which means that at least fifty procent of people here will be one of the aforementioned.
So, judging by the non-nonsensical posts, it seems that the sheeple havent got the upper hand here...so I guess it is not so terrible as it would be if it were a concerted attempt.
But I wouldnt be surprised if an attack would one day come...There IS ofcourse a lot of REAL information here that the PTB and the NWO wouldnt want to be general knowledge...

Anyway, tho very annoying, the nonsensical posts are not worse than the semi-scientific tone of some debunkers here and even of some fellow-theorists.
You know who you are...(or maybe not, come to think of it...)

Love and Peace, DMW.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
For those of you who have U2U'd me asking for specific posts I was referring to...well I'm unable to reply because it gives me a "busy signal" message to try u2u later.

I did not list the ones I was specifically writing about, because my purpose wasn't to single anyone one person out...it was meant to be "in general". Just look through the list. There are some threads are seriously onto something and offer a tremendous amount of input and insight. Then are the other ones that offer very little, or are just downright silly. I know it's subjective in some respects (beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder) and I don't want to single any one out, because it could also be that I am dismissing a thread that others see as important, but you can't help but wonder about it because I have seen a lot of totally worthless and baseless threads lately and they tend to drowned out the ones that really have a lot to offer.

Is it purely due to innocence? Is there a more clandestine effort to lead us astray? I don't know! That's why I made this thread, for us to speculate and vent, but alas, I have to admit that even this thread isn't a very good one...

Basically I just wanted to vent my frustration with it, and suggest the possibility that maybe yeah, there are a few newbie’s and baseless threads just due to ignorance, but maybe also there is an organized effort to post page after page after page of this stuff because "they" know many people won't bother to dig and find the "good stuff"...

But no, I won't directly point out specifically what ones I was talking about...all of us could make a list and compare notes, and I don't doubt the lists would be all that different. Most of you guys are pretty intelligent.

I hope this clears things up better.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yes it is another one of "those threads" (Eeeeek!). I actually regret starting it. It does the exact thing I was complaining about. Also it probably didn't need to be in this forum. I will try to make every effort to avoid such a knee jerk response to things like this in the future.

It's just that when I lot on and see some of these threads making the top 5 or top 10 on the main page and actually go into them and then it turns out to be such a ridiculous....well, I got upset, and it was late at night, I had a few rum & Cokes, and I know that's no excuse, but it will have to work, because it was the truth. I started this thread, I regret starting it, yet believe it may have some merit, but how in the world would one go about proving it? One can't, and so...

Moderators: feel free to close or move this thread.

Thanks to everyone for your responses, however, I did read them all and agree with all of you. I guess we will just have to stay vigilant eh?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Whoa there skyshow. No back peddling, excuses or apologizing. Stick to your guns. You wrote now you own it. If you feel strongly about a subject then stick with it.

I understand your not naming names. However, due to the nature of this forum, all facts need to be realized before a satisfactory judgement can be rendered.

A man is only as good as his word. Don't jump off the soap box when faced with disagreement.

Hang in there buddy.

new topics

top topics

join