It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MARS tower.....what the HELL again!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Something all of a sudden i just picked up! I know there is alot of members that love these images...so have a look and let me know what you think about it!

An enormous enigmatic inverted "V" etched upon the Martian topography. However this object when rotated is quite clearly an enormous monolith with a more diffuse shadow trailing off from its

Ancillary data for MOC wide-angle image M03-00946

Acquisition parameters

Image ID (picno): M03-00946
Image start time: 1999-07-05T20:32:32.90 SCET
Image width: 480 pixels
Image height: 480 pixels
Line integration time: 80.4800 millisec
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.05
Crosstrack summing: 1
Downtrack summing: 1
Compression type: MOC-NONE
Gain mode: 4A (hexadecimal)
Offset mode: 7 (decimal)

Derived values

Longitude of image center: 70.61°W
Latitude of image center: 13.23°S
Scaled pixel width: 237.83 meters
Scaled image width: 115.19 km
Scaled image height: 119.21 km
Solar longitude (Ls): 165.66°
Local True Solar Time: 14.70 decimal hours
Emission angle: 3.47°
Incidence angle: 44.81°
Phase angle: 41.64°
North azimuth: 93.19°
Sun azimuth: 26.15°
Spacecraft altitude: 376.82 km
Slant distance: 377.45 km

The inverted "V" is confusing when viewed as orientated in the original image.

However, when rotated to orient the primary feature of the "V" to a vertical position (see inset in image above) , this "V" is more clearly an enormous monolith --- a great TOWER casting a long shadow over the Martian topography. In the inset this "Tower's" shadow is cast from the base of the tower backwards to about the "10 O'clock" position. The Tower's shadow joins the tower itself at its base, where the tower rests on the topography, as it should.

The Tower's shadow is quite clearly diffuse whereas the Tower itself has much more sharp boundary lines. The Tower's edges having a slight reflective quality to them, most evident where the tower and shadow meet..

The Tower's scale as seen from above, its horizontal presentation of its vertical scale due to the angle of the image, is an astonishing 6.3 Kilometers! The object itself is obviously considerably larger than this because we only see that portion of its which is inclined to the camera due to the angle of the image; the estimated height is only the horizontal translation of its vertical scale due to a 3 degree angle of inclination of the Mars Orbital Camera diverted from a straight down shot.

In the above first report image, you see black arrows and text pointing out what very clearly appears to be a dark tower of some kind with a bright light reflective top and casting a dark shadow on the ground just to the right and back of it. Note how the shadow length and width very closely approximates the tower size and radiates out from the tower base

Something is bothering me about the shadow!

References:
www.geocities.com...
www.msss.com...
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 18/01/2008 by GUNSINWAR]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
they're gonna blow up Saturn.

monoliths everywhere. fractally exponentially forming one huge hole of Fibonacci conciousness .

no fooling.

-

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Hi Gunsinwar,

It is strange looking, eh? I have absolutely no idea what it is or what could have made it? Definately not a natural structure. Some people say a huge vent - but for what?

With regards the actual picture, it almost looks 'smudged', as if someone inserted it in there with photoshop. It does not fit in with the surroundings or the picture. The shadow in the first picture does not fit for me! It does not go in a direction relational to the Sun and it is too small - at a certain angle, the shadow could be several times the length of the tower itself. This is not picked up in any photo.

What do you think the white coloured part at the rim of it is I'l have a try, could it be a huge pint of Guinness?

Do you know if JRitzman has ever analysed these photos?

Brei.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this image, I have never seen it before. I just wanted to tell you that a similar feature has been fotographed on the moon:

As Apollo 8 orbited 70 miles above the lunar surface, with Earth in the background, it took images of the ground below. At one point in the NOVA program, a small, black object, tall and cylindrical, appears to be jutting from the moon. Just as it looks like the camera is about to pass by, the strange object seems to release a jet-like cloud. It can be described as appearing like a smokestack ejecting a puff of smoke. The “cloud” drifts to the right and then dissipates. Though the black object appears small on the screen, it would have to be hundreds or thousands of feet tall if it were indeed seen from such a high altitude.

Link to the website, where you can watch an animation of the tall, cylindrical object release the jet-like cloud. Scroll down to the bottom of the page:

shadowboxent.brinkster.net...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne

What do you think the white coloured part at the rim of it is I'l have a try, could it be a huge pint of Guinness?

Do you know if JRitzman has ever analysed these photos?

Brei.

Man that sounds so good, a pint of a Guiness!

I dont think that JR got his hands on this! but give a while and see, i know that there is two members who will add here!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

no way as good as that UFO firing a jet thruster gif which was brought up by Mikesingh and strung together by internos.

Nevertheless, an interesting anomaly.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What the hell?Why cant people leave mars alone....chimney and exhaust clouds?If anyone believes any crap in this thread this must be on acid or pcp.
Let me guess..someone is having a big bbq down there?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Nice find GUNSINWAR and very interesting to say the least.
You know my friend if we leave mars alone like someone here on this post suggested then I guess we should also leave the moon, mercury, venus, jupiter, and the rest of the planets alone because our curiosity would be worth ZILCH, and ASTRONOMY would be outdated and not worth the study.
It is our curious minds that keeps us alive and exploring these anomolies also expanding our knowledge. So we leave those who leave planets alone to wallow in their own syllogism.

Please keep looking
angelc01

[edit on 16-5-2008 by angelc01]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Dude... in cases like this all we have to go on is the photographic evidence. I would say at the very least that what is shown here is abnormal. If it is so then it deserves discussion.

There is no need for you to dismiss it so effortlessly. At the very least give us an argument as to why you dont see anything in this image.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Something is wrong with the very first image...
Look at the shadows. "Tower" shadow falls up and to the right which would place the sun at around 7 o'clock... but that doesn't quite fit with the sunlight hitting the hills in the bottom of the image.
The hill shadows place the sun somewhere around 4 o'clock.

Or said in blunt words;
Either that item is placed in the shot.
Someone was shining a big ass flash at it from around 7 o'clock while the satelite was in place.
We are missreading the image, making the tower a ditch instead.

[edit on 16/5/08 by flice]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Out of all of the negative arguments against this being legit this is by far the best. If one simply looks at the picture one can tell that the sun is indeed rising in the southern region of the photo. This would mean that the 'towers' shadow would be extending to the north (in the picture) and not to the south.

If it is a legit photo then it is most like a deep inverted V shaped ravine with something like a large mound at one point that is reflecting the sun.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Whats up BigGuns! how you been?
, hey, nevermind the naysayers, if you feel its legit and its worthy of discussion then post it my friend. That goes for Mars, the Moon, wherever...keep up the good work Guns

spikeD.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nice find, star for you.
As usual, I've no idea what this is, but I like it.
Any idea what the bright spot may be at the top of the "V" as viewed when inverted?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I'd agree withyour summation if all was consistent with the image.
If you look at the bottom of the image,(pre-inversion), the other peaks don't seem to show that charcteristic you mentioned.
Also there doesn't seem to be any topography associated with the bright spot. Could that be a trick of camera angle?

[edit on 5/16/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

easy explanation is the satellite taking the pictures only took a picture of the tower and then later took it of the hills. If i look on google earth the shadows at my house are much different then the ones at the other end of the street. if i posted it you would say its cgi or fake or something right? Well it could simply be timing and ya know what they say. timing is everything.
i think the air brusher in charge of this photo will be fired. how could a professional be so sloppy. Maybe they would respect their job if the bosses threatened to out source it to china.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My non-enigmatic guess:
This looks like a crescent shaped dune, viewed from an oblique angle.
Any idea Which of those photo parameters defines the viewing angle?

I'll take a look at the MOC site. Maybe I can figure that out.

Ok, From the "parameters" section of the MGS website:

Emission Angle - emission angle at center of image. The emission angle provides the value of the angle between the surface normal vector at the intercept point and a vector from the intercept point to the spacecraft. The emission angle varies from 0 degrees when the spacecraft is viewing the subspacecraft point (nadir viewing) to 90 degrees when the intercept is tangent to the surface of the target body. Thus, higher values of emission anlge indicate more oblique viewing of the target.

I believe this is angle of the photo, at CENTER point. In this image the angle is 3.47° . a low number indicating that this line-by-line scan was almost straight down, at the center..

[edit on 16-5-2008 by spacedoubt]

[edit on 16-5-2008 by spacedoubt]

top topics

join