It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Myth

THERE IS A TRADITION from Borneo of a "Whirlpool island" with a tree that allows a man to climb up into heaven and bring back useful seeds from the "land of the Pleiades." [n1 A. Maass, "Sternkunde und Sterndeuterei im Malaiischen Archipel" (1924), in Tijdschrift lndische Taal-, Land, en Volkenkunde 64, p. 388.]. The Polynesians have not made up their mind, apparently, concerning the exact localization of their whirlpool which serves in most cases as entrance to the abode of the dead; it is supposed to be found "at the end of the sky," and "at the edge of the Milky Way."
Symbolism whirlpools (spiral) and a tree

Well, well, well, I see you´ve hijacked my thread with some excellent contributions.

You found out that the whirlpool is a reference to what our galaxy looks like, hence "found at the EDGE of the milky way".

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I knew you would like that one... sky, heaven, and milky way all in the same place... with some trees and whirlpools for added glamor.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
yeah, and how would they know it looks like a whirlpool or spiral, when it looks like an emu from the ground?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow this is a huge thread - I want to respond to heeps of posts but will have to go over them all again. My interest in the Rainbow/ Cosmic Serpent began in ernest about a year ago when I started experiencing alot of amazing synchronistic events - that, to be quite honest I found a little frightening at the time - I likened the experience to finding some kind of key - that linked people - experiences and events together. Like a giant Matrix.

Over the years I have had many dreams about snakes - coming from a catholic background these dreams were quite worrying
In one dream I found myself in the most beautiful city, surrounded by stone walls, columns and temples. There was a huge earthquake - everyone began running - a small group of people ran toward me - pushing me quickly toward a secret stairwell - they pushed me up - I had something of importance they were trying to safeguard - I climbed up out of the city through a hole. Dry barren earth lay all around me, void of any life - I reached down to help the others but it was too late - the hole was completely swallowed by the shaking earth - crying I realised everything had gone - but I think the greater shock was realising the world we had known was some kind of optical illusion . Suddenly off in the distance I watched in horror as a huge snake (Cosmic / Rainbow serpent ) approached me - I was terrified - I definitely thought I was going to die !!!! It made a huge circle around me - even as a child I knew the circle was particularly significant ( I would later learn it was the Ouroboros ) it did not harm me - the circle was my protection - For me the cosmic serpent represented power - time - Alpha and Omega - Energy . Through my many new associations - that began just over a year ago I found the myths of the Hopi Worlds and the Ant people. Which very much correlated with that dream.

I have also had dreams about the underworld - a river - a boat - me sitting at the front of the boat and a giant snake.

Do snakes represent evil ( As christianity would have us believe ) Or are they powerful symbols ( Keepers of ancient primordial secrets ?? )

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Text taken from the Serpent Code

Evidence of ancient serpent worship in the Americas can be verified from the many serpent mounds that appear across the continent. In Ohio, there is a large serpentine mound with a large head of the snake swallowing (or throwing up) a large egg. Similar snake mounds can be found across the world. Some are man-made, others natural and adapted - such as Hackpens Hill near Avebury in England, where Hack means snake and pen means head - thereby giving us "snakes head hill". These large serpents, still seen in the land today were ancient burial mounds, earthworks and places of ritual for the serpent worshipping cults of our ancestors. The great mane upon the mound, being grass or trees.

In 1871 at the meeting of the British Association in Edinburgh, a certain Mr. Phene gave an account of his discovery in Argyllshire, Scotland, of a mound, "several hundred feet long, fifteen feet high and thirty feet broad." The tail tapers away from a circular cairn, which he presumed to be a solar disk above the head of the "Egyptian uraeus". [4] This fiery Uraeus serpent, or more properly Wadjet, anoints the head with flames, as referred to in the Bible in Apostles, Acts 2, where the Apostles are filled with the holy spirit, and flames lick above their heads. Here we have a clue to the serpents connection to spirituality.

In the Pyramid Texts the Wadjet is linked strongly with nature. The papyrus plant is said to emerge from her and she is connected to the forces of growth, fertility and creative power. The Uraeus is an indication of the divine wisdom and solar-force, emerging from the brow of the head, symbolically represented in the serpent mounds appearing on the brow of a hill. The brow is known as the ‘temple’. Within the Temple is the Holy of Holies, the most sacred place in a human’s body. In Native American traditions many underground caverns within landscaped mounds are where known to be places where initiation rites occurred. From our research, it appears these places were ritualistic re-birthing portals as if from the womb of the creative serpentine mother. In Egyptian history Osiris entered the serpent and emerged reborn and invigorated, and our European and American ancestors mimicked this belief. In all cases it was the wisdom of the serpent, which gave the strength to empower the individual to move on in life, as if born again.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

Your last post is heavily tying in with what has been on my mind alot lately, having to do with the Blood as the Serpent as the womb, and the Sun as the Flame to give life with the blood.

I have keyed in Bioluminesence and gotten some good hits.

Here is a good link
www.solarphallic-cult.org...

In the cosmovision of the Aztecs, the human body was considered a center of “vital forces and change” and “the earthly container of divine energy.” The two primary forces recognized in the human body were tonalli and teyolia. Tonalli refers to vigor, warmth, solar heat, summertime, and soul. The Aztecs believed that tonalli resided in the head. The sun was believed to be the central, most vital, visible source of tonalli but, in war, warriors would decapitate or grab the hair of an enemy, because by taking this from the enemy’s would increase one’s own tonalli. In public sacrifices, enemies were decapitated to release the tonalli and thus increase the tonalli of the people, as a whole, through the ceremony

Human history is riddled with stories of blood sacrifice. There was Isaac/Ishmael’s narrow escape and the sacrificial bull of Roman times, the blood libel leveled against the Jews and the multiple incarnations of the Dying God, but possibly the most complex and intense example of blood sacrifice is seen in the development of Mesoamerican cultures. Evidence shows that during the Classic (220-900 c.e.) and Post-Classic (900-1500 c.e.) periods of Mesoamerican culture, bloodletting was practiced both privately and publicly, in both the temples and in homes. Priests drew blood from tongues, earlobes, thighs and sexual organs using implements such as obsidian blades, fish spines, and, as in the case of Mayan lords, knotted strands of thorns (Carrasco, 1990, p. 140). In both Mayan and Aztec times, even the central form of recreation led to sacrifice. Ballgames, that vaguely resemble modern basketball, were played regularly and often resulted in the sacrifice of the losing team or a representative thereof. During Aztec times, the I-shaped ball court came to represent the narrow passage that the sun took as it journeyed through the underworld and the sacrifice of blood and life by the losing players offered up the energy needed to give birth to a new sun

[edit on 22-6-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It is strange how the smaller you look, the micro, the blood, the DNA, the sub-atomic level, the bigger the world seems. I have often thought that memory and mass consciousness is passed in the DNA. Older generations feel to pass on their knowledge, and the new generations pick up where they left off. We have come a long way from blood letting days to find engery within ourselves. Perhaps we just understand it better now. We don't have to sacrifice our bodies to capture the energy and forces of the universe. But I think we still remember how much things like snakes and all these other symbols were important. Perhaps they still are, that is a true mystery. Our blood does carry some important things with it to our children. Two bloods in alchemy to form a new life. They knew it carried something powerful.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
so if you were to climb this "whirlpool tree" to the land of Pleiades and bring back useful seeds.....it appears you would be traveling to the constellation of Taurus. Mooo!

Pleiadesplē'ədēz, plī'–, in astronomy, famous open star cluster in the constellation Taurus; cataloged as M45. The cluster consists of some 500 stars, has a diameter of 35 light-years, and is 400 light-years distant from the earth. Six stars are easily visible to the naked eye—Alcyone (the brightest), Electra, Celaeno, Sterope, Maia, and Taygete. Known as the Seven Sisters, this group was named by the Greeks for the seven daughters of Atlas and Pleione; the seventh Pleiad was, according to legend, lost or in hiding. Many faint stars associated with the other six are visible with the telescope; one of these stars may have been much brighter and visible to the naked eye in ancient times, thus accounting for the many early references to seven stars. The Pleiades cluster is 150 million years old, making it a young star cluster.
and this place is in a lot of other myths

pleiades

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

To be honest the more I studied snake mythology the more I felt the connection had something to do with feminine / masculine symbolism - yin and yang - Divinity - Perhaps representing world cycles of great upheavel and rebirth.

Reuters - September 24, 2007 Ancient Mexicans and Egyptians who never met and lived centuries and thousands of miles apart both worshiped feathered-serpent deities, built pyramids and developed a 365-day calendar, a new exhibition shows. Billed as the world's largest temporary archeological showcase, Mexican archeologists have brought treasures from ancient Egypt to display alongside the great indigenous civilizations of Mexico for the first time.

The exhibition, which boasts a five-tonne, 3,000-year-old sculpture of Egyptian pharaoh Ramses II and stone carvings from Mexican pyramid Chichen Itza, aims to show many of the similarities of two complex worlds both conquered by Europeans in invasions 1,500 years apart. "There are huge cultural parallels between ancient Egypt and Mexico in religion, astronomy, architecture and the arts. They deserve to be appreciated together," said exhibition organizer Gina Ulloa, who spent almost three years preparing the 35,520 square-feet (3,300 meter-square) display.

The exhibition, which opened at the weekend in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey, shows how Mexican civilizations worshiped the feathered snake god Quetzalcoatl from about 1,200 BC to 1521, when the Spanish conquered the Aztecs.

From 3,000 BC onward Egyptians often portrayed their gods, including the Goddess of the Pharaohs Isis, in art and sculpture as serpents with wings or feathers. The feathered serpent and the serpent alongside a deity signifies the duality of human existence, at once in touch with water and earth, the serpent, and the heavens, the feathers of a bird," said Ulloa. Egyptian sculptures at the exhibition -- flown to Mexico from ancient temples along the Nile and from museums in Cairo, Luxor and Alexandria - show how Isis' son Horus was often represented with winged arms and accompanied by serpents. Cleopatra, the last Egyptian queen before the Roman conquest of Egypt in 30 BC, saw herself as Isis and wore a gold serpent in her headpiece.

In the arts, Mexico's earliest civilization, the Olmecs, echo Egypt's finest sculptures. Olmec artists carved large man-jaguar warriors that are similar to the Egyptian sphinxes on display showing lions with the heads of gods or kings. The seated statue of an Egyptian scribe carved between 2465 and 2323 BC shows stonework and attention to detail that parallels a seated stone sculpture of an Olmec lord. There is no evidence the Olmecs and Egyptians ever met.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Do you think that blood can be used to manifest other entities, such as gods that are in light form?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Do you think that blood can be used to manifest other entities, such as gods that are in light form?

In my mind the ancients only had little snippets of esoteric knowledge - and therein lay the real danger - even modern scientists, are, in many ways, alchemists of old, dabbling in things they do not fully understand. The ancients aim was to manipulate energy and consciousness through the sacrifice. These rituals invariably took place on vortex points and so the terror would of created heightened states of fear in the victim - during which time the adrenal gland would of released adrenalin into the blood stream, along with other hormones like cortisol, signalling the heart to pump harder, increasing blood pressure - this in itself would of created a huge alchemical change.

These rituals probably created an energy field, a vibrational frequency, which connected with the consciousness of the participants. I would imagine these moments may of led to heightened states of awareness.

Blood = Iron

Iron one of the elements highlighted in the Qur’an.

And We also sent down iron in which there lies great force and which has many uses for mankind… (Qur’an, 57:25)

The word “anzalna,” translated as "sent down" and used for iron in the verse, could be thought of having a metaphorical meaning to explain that iron has been given to benefit people. But, when we take into consideration the literal meaning of the word, which is, "being physically sent down from the sky," as in the case of rain and Sun rays, we realize that this verse implies a very significant scientific miracle. Because, modern astronomical findings have disclosed that the iron found in our world has come from giant stars in outer space. 1

In his book Nature’s Destiny, the well-known microbiologist Michael Denton emphasizes the importance of iron:

Of all the metals there is none more essential to life than iron. It is the accumulation of iron in the center of a star which triggers a supernova explosion and the subsequent scattering of the vital atoms of life throughout the cosmos. It was the drawing by gravity of iron atoms to the center of the primeval earth that generated the heat which caused the initial chemical differentiation of the earth, the outgassing of the early atmosphere, and ultimately the formation of the hydrosphere. It is molten iron in the center of the earth which, acting like a gigantic dynamo, generates the earth’s magnetic field, which in turn creates the Van Allen radiation belts that shield the earth’s surface from destructive high-energy-penetrating cosmic radiation and preserve the crucial ozone layer from cosmic ray destruction…

Without the iron atom, there would be no carbon-based life in the cosmos; no supernovae, no heating of the primitive earth, no atmosphere or hydrosphere. There would be no protective magnetic field, no Van Allen radiation belts, no ozone layer, no metal to make hemoglobin [in human blood], no metal to tame the reactivity of oxygen, and no oxidative metabolism.

But where does spirit lie in this equation ??? Spirit is not made up of blood ?? Do we manifest entities or does the energy/source fill us with just a hint of it's essence ???

If we are talking about the Holy Grail = Blood then perhaps they were discussing a Royal lineage and in my opinion this would have to extend way beyond Jesus/Mary.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow, this is really deep at times and I want to follow your post with something really great....................but I find it takes me a bit to get my thoughts together on this.

Throughout the entire thread many members have brought forth so much to think about and to just throw in something that isn't thought out would be trivial.

But I will be back with some more thoughts as they come!

Seagrass, I know that you have directly responded to my posts as well and I just want you to know it isn't that I have ignored your input to my input, rather I want something that I can feel is an addition to the thread before I just type something.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I understand InterestedAlways, I feel the same. I want to add so much, but it takes time to let yourself absorb the information and feel your way through it. tap into the subconscious to pull it out. Each person adds something and it keeps building the mystery.
Iron is magnetic, law of attraction type magnetics. If the Universe is magnetic, it would seem iron might play a huge part. But it could even be more than that. Some part of the atoms we still don't understand. Water is so elemental as well. Light. It is hard to wrap your brain around it all.

KTK

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Does anyone see the irony in what is now 4 women and a freemason trying to nut out the secret feminine principle..........

I just wasted a huge chunk of my existance reading the terra papers. I usually keep well away from those sort of things but I thought I would give them a read to see if anything matches with what we have come up in this thread. Well there is alot that matches even the mentioning of serpents and tainted mythology and religion. But no mention of any Indigenous peoples anywhere.

There is no doubt in my mind we have enough proof in this thread to state that all forms of spirituality came from Indigenous cultures. Indigenous Australians will claim thier dreamtime is over 100 000 years old. White historians try and give them 40 000 to 50 000 years. I would be more inclined to believe the generational oral tracking of timelines.

There is alot of stuff out there along the lines of the terra papers even channelled stuff. Yet they all seem to forget to mention the Indigenous cultures and thier belief systems(unless someone has come across material that does). Is this because the material comes from an ethnocentric conciousness? You would assume that if you were talking to an enlightened being or educated human that they would mention it.

Where the heck does the truth live???????????????

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Heart pumping emotion would be powerful. The blood is certainly significant in sending signals throughout the body and to our "inner self" as in the Law of Attraction. If feeling powerful emotions draws creation from you, then the "blood of the Universe" would be a powerful creative form. I am reading the books right now, and I also got The Seth Material because of you, InterestedAlways. Now I am trying to tie in this new information somehow.

KTK

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I understand InterestedAlways, I feel the same. I want to add so much, but it takes time to let yourself absorb the information and feel your way through it. tap into the subconscious to pull it out. Each person adds something and it keeps building the mystery.
Iron is magnetic, law of attraction type magnetics. If the Universe is magnetic, it would seem iron might play a huge part. But it could even be more than that. Some part of the atoms we still don't understand. Water is so elemental as well. Light. It is hard to wrap your brain around it all.

Another angle through this thread I have been looking at is universal cellular memory stored within water molecules. Maybe this is what people actually tap into when talking to aliens who would be diagnosed with a personality disorder if they were human.....Holy water, individual ice crystals. "charged" water so to speak. Maybe this is where we get our playback ghosts from. Holograms etc so much to it......

Waters the hologram. Irons the magnetics. Maybe ?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Does anyone see the irony in what is now 4 women and a freemason trying to nut out the secret feminine principle..........

Are you making a pun on the word IRON??? LOL! Hey, who is the Mason? Trying to nut it out, eh? I was reading William Henry earlier today and he had alot that could add to this thread also. He mentions orgasmic waves of serpentine energy!

IWhere the heck does the truth live???????????????

But Dorothy, says the Wizard, The truth was inside you all along!

Hahaha! Seagrass and KTK posted at the same time!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My truths are always being discovered. Do we really want to know the truth? Do you want that chaos, or do you want to discover it slowly and enjoy the mystery as it unfolds. No one really wants to hear the end of the story first. It is fun to guess along the way. The desire for truth is what makes us work to discover it for ourselves. We are questioning because we know organized religion doesn't hold the truth. We feel it deep down. It doesn't fit right, it's scratchy. I think we are all working toward that truth.
KTK, I think when people think they have thought up something original, they like to take credit for it. We all know here, that the Aborigines knew it before most others, but who knew it before them? That's what I would like to know.
Is Sky a Freemason? lol

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And where is our beloved OP? We need him to write a summary up for us. What have we figured out so far? I know it is something.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join