It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAn I "buy" a larger avatar...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I can't help but notice the disparaging difference between some avatars and others, especially since I was asked to shrink mine. Since I am having an avatar made for me, can I buy more space? Thanks, Jason... P.s. If this is not a good question, feel free to lock this thread and u2u me the answer...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
If you have the original pic still in your computer you can shrink it down to the max size allowed on ATS (360*160 h*w)

You can use a tool called high quality photo reziser. It is downloadable down here.

high quality photo resizer

cheers.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
I can't help but notice the disparaging difference between some avatars and others, especially since I was asked to shrink mine. Since I am having an avatar made for me, can I buy more space? Thanks, Jason... P.s. If this is not a good question, feel free to lock this thread and u2u me the answer...

You can 'purchase' a background image..which is a images that replaces the grey background in the profile pane...and loops through the whole length of the post...i think its 2500 points for it..

[edit on 5/16/2008 by pstiffy]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pstiffy

thanks. Is that a seperate image code space on my profile page? I mean once I "buy" it? And I just broke 10000, yea me!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

From Simon's post:
"GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)"

You can buy a background for longer length as mentioned above.

HTH.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Is there anyone on here that can help me design an avatar?

Rush

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by pstiffy

thanks. Is that a seperate image code space on my profile page? I mean once I "buy" it?

It's all done in the member center in the ATS store, but if you wanted to switch the image at a later time, you would have to purchase a new one for 2500 points

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Is there anyone on here that can help me design an avatar?

Rush

If you go to the BTS section there are numerous threads regarding avatars. The member 'JAK' has done some really impressive stuff. I'd have a look on those threads as some people will be more than happy to help.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

You will, no doubt, also want to put a one pixel transparent.gif file in as your avatar, that will keep the writing that overlays your panel from moving up. Then the background will fit much better. You can do this later, though, after you choose the background image.

Just go to the avatar and instead of your current picture, paste the path from the ATS cache (as prompted) with your .gif file and it will resize.

HTH.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

THanks so much badge, I appreciate it. Now I think I will do some "shopping", lol

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Hey there,

What kind of avatar are looking for?

If you want you can u2u me.

I'l photoshop you something up.. An avatar and a mini profile image.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Never mind the size...feel the quality!

Avatars and backgrounds are nice, but can sure make you go blind with all that "pixel-pushing".

My screen res is now set at 640x480 on a 22" monitor.

new topics

top topics

join