It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is too much??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The 'Is ATS Bad For You' thread is an interesting one, indeed. But I think there comes a point when you realize that your 'paranoia' is not paranoia at all.
But instead, what you fear the most is true. This happens. Probably even to some of us. Do a search, and see how many scientists, and researhers have DISAPPEARED because of what they've found, or who they've told.

Most people will see instances coming together. But we are taught from a young age to dismiss it. Let it go, you are being paranoid. It's all coincidence, all in your mind. And by all means, you SHOULD if what you know can harm you... Right?

But let's say you really have stumbled onto something really, really big, 100% true, 100% bad. Who can you tell? What if government doesn't want it out, but you so desperately want others to know and be warned?

This is a scary subject for me. How can you possibly warn others and still ensure safety for yourself, and your family?

I am sure I've seen something like this posted before... But I could not find any, and I am desperate to figure this out.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that you can't guarantee the safety of anyone. You can only follow your own conscience. For me, I believe what I believe so wholeheartedly that I can't imagine keeping it to myself. My truth is my own though, and I leave others to make their own decisions. However, I don't allow those that I care about to walk around blindly pretending that everything is OK just to protect myself. Thankfully, I have a gun-toting husband who is more than willing to be my bodyguard when the proverbial $@!% hits the fan.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
But we are taught from a young age to dismiss it. Let it go, you are being paranoid.

Y'know, maybe it's just me, but i think perhaps that mentality is finally starting to lose it's grip on society - i had absolutely no problem whatsoever with accepting the possibility that the world was being controlled by a shadow government, or that we are being watched.

In a way, i found it infinitely more logical and reasonable that these theories would be the truth.

If one is dedicated towards uncovering the truth, then one should not spend his time forcing the truth he has discovered down the throats of others who also seek the truth - we must guide each other to the truth, and for those who have no intention of finding out the truth in the first place - instead acting as skeptics or perhaps even disinformation agents, the only thing we can do is highlight how their approach to the discussion is not constructive, but destructive.

I truly feel that humanity is slowly beginning to awake, and i place my own life experience as evidence of this - i never once had an issue of fear or worry about being watched, or that my actions could bring about my own destruction.

You could say that i am somewhat reckless, but in all honesty even a drop of recklessness will allow one to face the truth, even if one is unable to comprehend that truth.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Reveal it to everyone?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

That is a good way to see it. Definitely things have no chance of ever being changed, or people knowing what is going on... If they are never told.

The gun toting husband... Well, I also hope that people/things like this help to have, if the worst is ever to happen.

Still it feels like the only thing that could happen, is your word goes unbelieved, and you go missing.. forever.. If what's being said is bad enough.

I hope there will be enough gun-toting husbands around, if needed.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Thanks for the well thought-out post. Some find it a lot easier to see past what we are taught, or what government wants us to believe, than others. I guess it would seem SILLY to live in constant fear because you know something that you think everyone else should also.

I mean, the truth is, we ARE being watched. The truth is, they OWN us. Attempting to commit suicide is illegal, because the people are simply "cattle", and.. Well, farmers know you don't go killing someone else's property.
Yet they can and will dispose of any that they deem a threat.

The guy saying to reveal it?? It's not so simple. Media will NOT cover anything against the "status-quo", so how do you reach enough people for it to be worth it, before you are disposed of??

new topics

top topics

join