It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$163 Billion More Of Our Tax Dollars For the Occupation Of Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

$163 Billion More Of Our Tax Dollars For the Occupation Of Iraq!

www.globalresearch.ca

On Thursday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will try again to force the House to approve $163 billion more of our tax dollars for the occupation of Iraq - nearly $100 billion for 2008 plus nearly $70 billion more for 2009.

Last week, your passionate calls persuaded several Democrats to vote no and helped delay the vote for a week. Please call your House Representative again today at 202-224-3121!

We are outraged because this Democratic Congress was elected to end the occupation, not fund it forever. A new Democrats.com poll found an overwhelming 68% of Americans want to bring our troops safely home within 6 months - a significant increase from 54% last September.

As our economy tanks, we cannot afford to waste $163 billion more of our tax dollars for Iraq on top of the $562 billion we've already wasted and the $3-5 trillion overall cost, included tripling the price of gasoline.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Okay, this is not only an important news article as to what our sell-out congress is currently up to in terms of continuing their giant war profiteering occupation, but that it is encouraging us to become PRO-ACTIVE in dissuading this grotesque, continual funneling of our tax-payer dollars to continue this on indefinitely, while our men continue to die and our own country is slipping into the economic abyss!

Get involved people!

So it's urgent for everyone to call his or her House Representative (not Senators) today with a simple message: Not One More Penny to Occupy Iraq!

This battle is far from impossible. On January 16, 42 progressive Democrats voted against the last $70 billion blank check. This week, 21 more Democrats promised to vote no (see below). Most Republicans oppose Pelosi's bill because it includes some domestic spending, so a large bloc of progressive Democrats can defeat it.

Call the switchboard at 202-224-3121 or find your House Representative's name and direct dial by entering your address on the right side here. Please report the results of your call here:
www.democrats.com...

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
DD,

I actually called my congressman's office today because I wanted to do something about this with the small, insignificant voice I have. The problem is that the guy on the other end (obviously NOT my congressman) had no idea that there was a new bill. I searched the internet for the number for the bill, and I had come up with nothing. I was hoping to track it, but I still haven't been able to find this one in particular. But it seemed to me that the guy on the phone wanted to dismiss me completely. I live in a blue state and have a democratic congressman! Of course, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this is the norm, but it was infuriating! If you know the number of the bill, I will call again just so that I can tell this guy what an idiot he is!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Dear Americans,

For the sake of ur nation, they using ur money for fundings in Iraq war.
You must c how idiot ur currently governement is. Not helping to lessen poverty but for war. I really hope ur country is up to standard.

top topics

join