It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Surrounds Polygamist Sect's Finances

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

All religions are guilty of brainwashing. We are told things like "Thou shalt not steal, kill, covet, and cheat." If we are going to do away with institutions for brainwashing people then some colleges will need to be taken down also. One man's brainwashing is another man's teaching. The question of whether these FDLS people have broken the laws of Texas on statutory rape have yet to be answered and yet the FDLS people are being treated like criminals. Call me brain washed, but I have problems with the state arbitrarily convicting people without trials.

Texas state legislator,Sen. Bob Deuell of Greenville, seriously had the gall to demand that FDLS pay for the raid on their Ranch which was all based on a Hoax call from Colorado Springs ,Colorado. The Rangers, CPS and the sheriffs all knew this was a hoax call the minute it was made.Here is the link to this story on the cartoonishly corrupt Sen. Bob Deuell.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I think it's ok because Texas is a country.

The leaders of that cult systematically deprive hundreds or thousands of people from birth of their own free will and access to information and outside ideas. Other than veal even animals aren't treated that badly.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i would like to know how man y of the youg girls who are pregnant or have childen are married to guys ther own age or married to 30 and 40 year old men. then iwould like to know how many of the boys 16 to 25 actuall have weives if any then you can taslk goverment conspiacy

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

It is difficult to say , Proteus. CPS has been lying about the ages of the pregnant mothers. They were forced to admit that four of the women they have held in foster care were not minors. CPS confiscated the ID of these women so CPS has no excuse for their actions.FDLS is saying that they have proof that half the girls in question or over 18. They are even saying that one of the"girls" is 26. Do math CPS is saying that half the minors are pregnant and Fdls are saying that half the minors being held are not minors. It could be that the FDLS people did not break any laws.

What the heck is going on? This is not the way to destroy a cult. Nothing grows a cult like persecution. Maybe I am just mistaking diabolical intelligence for stupidity and ignorance.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If this sect was Muslim I'll bet 90% of the posters on this site wouldn't give a damn, and half of that 90% would be disappointed they didn't kill the whole lot.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Muslims are not as badly off as you want to believe. Muslims have money behind them and many of our powerfull men find money irresistible. With all the greed and corruption that surrounds this case I would say Muslims have a bright future in America. I just can't figure out why they would want to move here.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Muslims are not as badly off as you want to believe. Muslims have money behind them and many of our powerfull men find money irresistible. With all the greed and corruption that surrounds this case I would say Muslims have a bright future in America. I just can't figure out why they would want to move here.

That's not what I meant, not by a long shot. What I meant was specifically in regards to the denizens of this very website, certain people who constantly preach hatred against Muslims for their "backwards" ways and "lack of civilization". You know which ones I'm talking about. The ones who have called me an "Anti-American Islamo-Fascist Apologist" for saying the exact same things about Islam and Sharia that some on this thread have stated--that our belief in what a culture is like is based on our point of view, and usually on what we're told to believe rather than what we seek to learn on our own.

It's those individuals I speak of, who I'm sure would agree with posters on this thread about not rushing to judgment in regards to this sect and their motives, but would want them dead or deported had they been Muslim.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Because this sect is not violent. In fact, I can assure you that if this was a Muslim sect. death threats would be pouring in.

Look at how the FLDS are handling it. DO you think a Muslim would handle that situation the same? Do you think that other Muslims would handle it the same?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Most of the people in this country are ignorant about Islamic beliefs and history. If they knew anything about the history of the middle east they would go instantly from blind hate for the Mulisms to pure love for the Muslims. The same forces which demand that people waste twelve years of their children's lives in schools which were really designed to turn children into ignorant adults are the cause of all the blind hate which is directed at middle easterners. Their is always hope that the ignorant will stumble onto the truth ,but their is no hope for the hateful people who are the source of all this ignorance.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This post got massacred somehow.

It can be deleted, as I am pissed so much was lost.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Because this sect is not violent. In fact, I can assure you that if this was a Muslim sect. death threats would be pouring in.

Way to assume that if they'd been Muslim they'd have been violent.

Look at how the FLDS are handling it. DO you think a Muslim would handle that situation the same? Do you think that other Muslims would handle it the same?

Maybe. Since there are so many here who refuse to give Muslims the benefit of any doubt we'll never know. The bigotry against Islam makes the discrimination Christians think they're under look like a minor disagreement at the dinner table. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
[[[[[[[[[[[[[UPDATE]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Authorities Return to Polygamist Ranch Amid Reports More Children May Be Living on Premises

www.foxnews.com...

CPS tried going back in there because there is a "rumor" there is more kids in there and tried doing it without a warrant in which they told the police to leave. LOL good job. The police and CPS is trying to pry. This case is really ticking me off man.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ANOTHER UPDATE]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Non-Sect Relatives Seek Custody in Texas Polygamy Case

www.foxnews.com...

"If we can establish I'm not guilty of those things, why can't I have my children?" asked Arthur Barlow, 59, after driving from southern Utah to seek custody of five of his children, who lived at the Yearning For Zion ranch in Eldorado.

Sigh more rights gone......

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I read that story. I'm embarrassed for CPS. Those ladies at CPS have been watching to many movies of the week. They keep expecting to catch these men red handed in the act.CPS honestly does not realize they have become the villains in this case. The sad thing is most of the CPS workers will be stabbed in the back sooner if not later by the power brokers who are working behind the scenes in this case.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

I read that story. I'm embarrassed for CPS. Those ladies at CPS have been watching to many movies of the week. They keep expecting to catch these men red handed in the act.CPS honestly does not realize they have become the villains in this case. The sad thing is most of the CPS workers will be stabbed in the back sooner if not later by the power brokers who are working behind the scenes in this case.

Yup some low levels will be scapegoats in this money hounding scheme by the Texas government and their pimps. I see a big lawsuit in the near future and I hope they pursue it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Sorry for my harsh comments in earlier posts, i guess i just feel very strongly to see group of innocent people brainwashed and deprived of rights and free will here in the US.

Anyways, even if every last married girl/woman turns out to be 26 it is wrong to raise them from birth brainwashed that this is all they are good. The cult operators should be found guilty of some jimmied up charge and locked up for good. Maybe civil cases too, think about it, what is the lost value to society because they women did not have the opportunity to be entrepreneurs or have a profession? The few that tried only met continual forced pregnancy by their slave masters.

How can these men have 30-50 kids each and spend any quality time with them as they grow up. What a crock. You people posting about the authorities ought to think about who the victims are here and thing about what this means that something like this happened in the US not in some anarchy state.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitrobandit
reply to post by eradown

Sorry for my harsh comments in earlier posts, i guess i just feel very strongly to see group of innocent people brainwashed and deprived of rights and free will here in the US.

Anyways, even if every last married girl/woman turns out to be 26 it is wrong to raise them from birth brainwashed that this is all they are good. The cult operators should be found guilty of some jimmied up charge and locked up for good. Maybe civil cases too, think about it, what is the lost value to society because they women did not have the opportunity to be entrepreneurs or have a profession? The few that tried only met continual forced pregnancy by their slave masters.

How can these men have 30-50 kids each and spend any quality time with them as they grow up. What a crock. You people posting about the authorities ought to think about who the victims are here and thing about what this means that something like this happened in the US not in some anarchy state.

Its in the US which should give them the freedom to live the life they choose. What you deem a pathetic way to live they may enjoy it. And if you want to sentence some people to jail for brainwashing try putting our own government and MSM in jail to start. They are the kings of the brainwashing. Who are you or I to say what is wrong and what is right? Im not god and neither are you. In fact these guys feel this is the way god would want them to live. Whats so bad about being self reliant? Whats the matter with not being part of this cruel screwed up world we live in where kids go to malls and schools and shoot them up and teachers banging students and 12 13 and 14 year girls getting pregnant while going to middle school and high school.

My point is put yourself in their shoes because to them we are being brainwashed by a society that boasts greed, envy, and pretty much all the other sins.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

no one chose to live they way they do except the cult leaders/slave masters

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitrobandit

no one chose to live they way they do except the cult leaders/slave masters

And its obvious someone is telling the slave masters how to live because otherwise they may not of been raided and their lives turned upside down. SO whos really the slave master?

Im not for pedophilia im just mad about how this all went down...no convictions or trial. If they raped 10 year olds chop their balls off but I think as a nation we are moving in a direction of guilty before proven innocent and to me that is scary.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

They had to pre-empt that luny house before they started pouring the cool-aide or something worse. I'm glad they did and support the local authorities who made a quick and good decision.

It's like Bernake, he had to act when Bear Stearns ran out of liquid cash and he did, that was smart management. The local authorities did the same here and it's good.

Read this op-ed and apply the logic to the properly acting authorities in this brainwashing/abuse case here.

From Businessweek: Courage Under Fire
/5jd6yc

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join