It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Dogs Go To Heaven?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I tell you...I have always wondered about this. Do they go to heaven? The same heaven as us or is there a doggy heaven? Or is there just no heaven at all for our four-legged friends? Actually I had a friend with a three-legged dog and saw a thing on the TV about a dog with only back legs and it walked UPRIGHT! Everywhere it went. ADAPTION BABY!!

Just look at those leemers in Madagascar is it? There are all kinds: small and large and solid colored and striped and spotted and some walk on four legs, some walk on two legs, some stay in the trees like monkeys and one type jumps or hops everywhere on two feet.......fascinating animals.

All souls go to heaven! and yes, animals have souls! Most humans are always egocentric to the max!!

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I woud have to say, yes.
The animals die from no fault of their own, but because of our sin.
They will live again in heaven.
God is not hurting for space in the universe that he has to skimp out on all or poor friends.
I hope to see my dogs again.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
21 Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?

Guess not!
Sorry sparky i wont be seeing you in heaven pal.
Ill miss yoooouuu

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The animals die from no fault of their own, but because of our sin.

Animals die because of our sin? AH HA HA HA! That's good stuff. Thank you!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Animals are not under the penalty of original sin. It was Adam and Eve who were cast out of the Garden, where all variety of plants and animals lived together in harmony. The Garden is a type of heaven, if you understand Biblical types. Animals have no sin nature like man does. That said, there are mean, bad dogs out there, though usually the blame lies with the tactics of the dog's owner, or a disease like distemper.

Psalm 84

3 Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.

So sparrows and swallows have refuge in the Lord's altar. However, there is some evidence that dogs specifically will have to remain without the gates of the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 21

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Revelation 22

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

So, I guess there may be some animals in heaven. I don't know about dogs specifically. I personally hope good dogs (and cats) are allowed. Of course, it isn't up to me. Why don't you pray and meditate and search Scripture on this topic, and ask God to reveal His will to you in this matter? That is, of course, if this was ever a serious question from you to begin with.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

from what i read in the scriptures there is no place that you can find in the book that says any of us go to heaven when we die and there is no rapture written in there either----these are man made doctrines.

all i see is that when Messiah comes to rule the world that the saints rise to meet Him in the air and then descend with Him to the mt. of olives at jerusalem(1thessalonians4:16-18/acts1:11/zechariah14:4)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I think the common notion of heaven comes from the description of the New Jerusalem in Revelation 21. The description fits. It does say the New Jerusalem descends out of heaven, though.

Revelation 21

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones....

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What do the scriptures have to do with all this? Nothing....

Life is life. One doesn't always need to turn to the scriptures for answers does one? Doesn't intelligence give us the abilty to think for ourselves? Doesn't that just come with a brain?

So we're at the top of the food chain. So what? That makes us special? We're animals too and our cage is whatever we create for ourselves and for our little firends.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Scripturaly, I'm not sure, it doesn't look too god for my dogs that have died, but I'd like to think they go to Heaven, not sure if they do though, if so, then that's great, if not, then oh well, they were a joy whilst they were alive.

I think it's interesting that people want to clone there animals, most of them want to clone there animals because of the character of the animal. they have grown attached to who that animal is. The only problem with cloning is the fact that each animal is an individual, some of the things they experience are what help shape that animals character, character I believe cannot be cloned, it is developed and unique to each individual, including animals.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I said Heaven, in a figurative sort of way.
I guess what I mean is that all creation that has suffered because of sinful Man, will have a chance to live again in a sin-free world.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Where does the notion of heaven lead one, but to religious/spiritual literature? Where do you think the notion of heaven came from to begin with?

The Bible, being the Word of God Himself handed down to man through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, is the authority in the field. Imo.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

The Bible, being the Word of God Himself handed down to man through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, is the authority in the field. Imo.

The Bible is not the word of God. It's the words of men.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hello, EB. Good thread. I do believe dogs (and all animals) go to Heaven although it is a hotly debated. In Genesis both 'beasts' and 'humans' had the breath of life breathed into them. We're also told that even animals have to give an account one day. So it would seem to me that they would. I love my pets, past and present, and believe I will see them again.

That's a long story made short.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
ok, so heaven is like one of them holiday van parks you go to with a "NO DOGS" policy?

my 2 loving labradors are very obedient and house trained, they wont soil his white fluffy clouds.

well, if my dogs arent welcome in heaven then its definately not the sort of place for me either. :shk:

theyre well behaved, loyal, affectionate, intelligent, playful, they keep me company and cheer me up when im unhappy, but this unconditional love and devotion is not good enough to get them into heaven?

screw heaven then, a place without my best friends is not my idea of heaven, and screw god too coz he aint no god of mine
:shk:

[edit on 18/5/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

"And the Lion will lie down with the lamb..." but no dogs, please!
I have to believe your labs will be allowed.
Just my opinion.
If you are Christian.
No dogs for the Muslem paradise, sorry.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Do dogs go to Heaven? I don't think so.

Not so sure about cats though. They disappear for days on end...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

i think god gave cats 9 lives so that they stay out of heaven 9x longer.
he especially hates them clawing the couch or climbing the curtains.

obviously god is a dog lover

[edit on 21/5/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Good point. Maybe I was wrong on this one. It seems that by nature the feline race is bound for the other place.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
since all life on earth and including earth is life then the appropiate answer would be yes, then again, heaven is peace. Peace is found within first well before you enter paradise.

silly question though, somthing a child would ask.

edit : currection

[edit on 21-5-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Peace is found within first well before you enter paradise.

Well said. That was something I was trying to get across on the 'Eternity - What is It?' thread; however you put it far more succinctly.

I have to disagree with you that this is an entirely silly question, though. Many people become deeply emotionally attached to their pets and they really do want to know the answer to this question! Also there are a lot of angles that could be explored. It could even get quite heavy theologically -

Do animals have a soul that lives beyond death?
(I personally don't believe they do, but I'd read other people's arguments with interest.)

Even if they have a soul, is it tainted by sin? (Which according to the Christian faith, would barr them from God's dwelling place.)

If they are tainted by sin, can they be spiritually cleansed? (Christ died to redeem man, not animals, though.)

Frankly the deeper I think about it the more absurd the idea of our pets going to Heaven sounds to me. But that's what ATS is all about: maybe someone can push me to have a major rethink...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join