It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earn Points Writing on tinWiki! Up to 10,000 points per entry

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

It is pretty easy....once you understand the Wiki code.

If you need any help, feel free to U2U me, and I will provide whatever assistance I can.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Thank you very much

Be brutally honest, good article, needs work, don't quit my day job?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

It is written well.

The only thing I would do is maybe write a brief introduction to the article, then explain it in length (maybe split it up into sections a bit). And, if possible, find some links on ATS (relating to the article's topic) to add to the article. It is always good to have links to ATS discussions in an article.

You can take a look at some of the other articles in the Aliens and UFOs category to see some of the article formatting that is done.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I couldn't find any ATS threads that were really relevant, just the odd mention within threads, with no details.
So I started a thread for it here.
The Allagash Incident
And I updated the Tinwiki page.
The Allagash Incident
Hope this is a little better.
I wanted to post a photo of the four men involved but I'm not sure about the restrictions, i.e. free use etc.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

It is fine if it is public domain; if has a copyright, you need to get permission and give credit on the tinWiki image page.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thanks for all your help, I added a couple images.
Hopefully sprucing it up will make my skills not seem so lame

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

It is pretty easy....once you understand the Wiki code.

If you need any help, feel free to U2U me, and I will provide whatever assistance I can.

Okay thanks! I think I used it before in a computer science class, now that I think about it.

Now I just need to find out how to get the "conspiracy master" emblem!

ttyl

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Now I just need to find out how to get the "conspiracy master" emblem!

Sorry to be offtopic but how do you get "conspiracy master" and "subject matter expert" just out of curiosity.

Also I am having a problem with a reference source for an article that I explained here.
Copyright or free use problem
Any ideas or suggestions?

Do you need to have 10 tinwiki articles that you started or does editing other articles count towards getting your tinwiki editor logo?

And not that I'm doing it for the points, but is there a way to keep track of the points that I'v gotten from tinwiki Vs. ATS?

[edit on 11-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am having trouble starting a new article on tinwiki, Ive done some edits so far and looking forward to my first article. How do I start a blank page to begin my article?..Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Well....

What do you want to create? Type it into the search function, hit go. If the page does not exist, it will say that and that you can create the article or request it. Click on "create" and it will bring up a blank edit screen with the title you entered in the search box.

Just remember to capitalize your title.....looks better that way.

If you need any help, just shoot me a U2U.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Thanks Skeptic..Thats what I needed, I have all my information ready to post in my article, Im not the best editor so you guys may want to strangle me after its all done..but I will do my best

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If anyone needs further info about tinWiki about anything.....feel free to send me a U2U or post a comment on my discussion page within tinWiki. am around, most of the time, due to horrible insomnia, so chances are, I can work you through your problems quickly and efficiently.

Just remember, I am hrer when you need me.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Soon hopefully. I just need to get through my college finals and I can contribute to the Tinwiki hopefully.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
skeptic1 - greetings, I've been reading some of the tinwiki and as I think of myself as a great researcher and enjoy writing I'd like to make some contributions but, find it a tad intimidating.

Would you recommend working on it a little at a time on the actual webstie or work it on 'word' until I've tweeked it to my liking? It seems overwhelming as with some topics the information is extensive - how deep does one go? Post information that is relative to the ATS site?

I was going to delve into the Sumerians some, specifially Inanna.

Any tips for the beginner would be greatly appreciated. I think this is an exciting project! I already spend the majority of my time on ATS and feel this would be a good way to give back.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
skeptic1 - greetings, I've been reading some of the tinwiki and as I think of myself as a great researcher and enjoy writing I'd like to make some contributions but, find it a tad intimidating.

Would you recommend working on it a little at a time on the actual webstie or work it on 'word' until I've tweeked it to my liking? It seems overwhelming as with some topics the information is extensive - how deep does one go? Post information that is relative to the ATS site?

I was going to delve into the Sumerians some, specifially Inanna.

Any tips for the beginner would be greatly appreciated. I think this is an exciting project! I already spend the majority of my time on ATS and feel this would be a good way to give back.

I like to create my new articles in Word. That way, I know my spelling and grammar are correct before I post the article in tinWiki (especially seeing as how most of my articles are posted in the wee hours of the morning due to insomnia
).

As far as editing an article goes, I do that within tinWiki itself. It is easier and you can kind of get a feel for the wiki code that is used to make an article look like it does.

Topics....try to keep to subjects that are discussed on ATS; there is no shortage of topics to work with here. What you are talking about doing with the Sumerians is a good idea...it fits in well with a lot that is discussed on ATS. And, there isn't even an article in tinWiki that focuses on the Sumerians as a people/civilization. So, that might be a good place to start and get your feet wet.

As far as how deep to go with a topic....as deep as you want. The articles need to be like encyclopedia articles: heavy on facts and little to no personal opinion.

I really enjoy tinWiki....I love creating new articles (although I am stumped right now as to what to do next), I like editing existing articles and making them look better, and I love blocking the people that spam the site (they get on my nerves
). It really is a great way to give back to ATS.

And, if you need any help or have any questions, just shoot me a u2u.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Right, I picked the Sumerians and specifically Inanna because Jim Marrs mentions her in 'Rule by Secrecy' - she's the grandaughter of Enlil and married the youngest son of Enki.

After some family fights and breech of Anunnaki moral code, she attacked Ra and imprisoned him in the Great Pyramid.

This is what I mean, there are Sumerian legends, accounts of her being the alien race of Anunnaki, and then there are Eygyptian references as well.

This should be....fun lol Thanks for your comments and when I do get something together I'll let you know and get your feedback.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

tinwiki.org...

I just fixed the pictures in the entry, sorry guys, have been away for a while and when I came back I got caught up in ATS, I will continue revisions. I am assuming the 'fix' tag was for the pictures right?

[edit on 6/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Is this still a go? Are you accepting entries with the same point values? I could personally use a few mor points as I keep messing up on my avatar stuff and have been using a bunch recently.

Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join