It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earn Points Writing on tinWiki! Up to 10,000 points per entry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow, skeptic1. Those are super articles.

I'm falling behind. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks, busy with kids and a traveling husband, I hope to get an article done this week.

Rush

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks WOS and hsur2112! TinWiki is becoming addicting and I really like doing it. I am one of those strange mutants that really loved researching and doing papers in college, so this is fun for me.

I just created:

Medusa
Athena

And, I added internal links to several other articles linking the Medusa and Athena pages to them.

[edit on 9/28/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm really amazed with some of the quality being added to tinWiki.

I've only been working on the Wiki for a couple months and have been pleased to see how fast it's growing in number of articles and the edits that improve articles as they're posted.

Keep up the good work folks. We have a good thing going here.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Added/Created articles:

Pegasus

Death (the Grim Reaper)

Greek Mythological Divinities

Nymphs

[edit on 9/30/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Again all, please contribute to tinWiki! Do the math, 10,000 ATS points per article is great! Don't just do it for points, though. Let's help ATS! I put in ten articles, myself

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've created 13 original articles and done a major edit to one other one.

It's fun to me; I enjoy it.....helps relieve the boredom when there is nothing to do and helps make the lovely insomnia time go by faster.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I've created 13 original articles and done a major edit to one other one.

Shouldn't you be an editor, then? I became one after I created ten articles. Did that rule change?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I have no idea....but, now I want one of those cool "editor" icons.
Just kidding; like I said, this is fun for me.

I majored in something totally useless to me now in in college, got a degree in it, and the only use it is getting now is the mythology related articles I am writing for tinWiki. A degree in Classical Cultures does not do much good for an Environmental Database Administrator.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I have no idea....but, now I want one of those cool "editor" icons.
Just kidding; like I said, this is fun for me.

Keep up the great work (and that goes to all the other contributors out there)!

I majored in something totally useless to me now in in college, got a degree in it, and the only use it is getting now is the mythology related articles I am writing for tinWiki. A degree in Classical Cultures does not do much good for an Environmental Database Administrator.

That sucks
. It's cool, however, that your degree is coming in handy in something at least

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
You asked "what does it take" to earn 10,000 pts. for an article. It just takes writing a well informed article about a subject that is properly formatted. I don't expect a masterpiece everytime, but you can take a look at some of IsaacKoi's for really exemplary submissions.

Blush

Thanks to William One Sac for the kind words about my Tinwiki articles. I've been a bit busy with work recently, but hope to post a few contributions to Tinwiki (and the ATS forums) in the near future.

In case anyone did want to have a look at a few of my Tinwiki entries, I've put links below to some examples:

The "Sirius Mystery".

The Ummo photographs taken in Spain in 1967

Photographs taken by astronomer Jose A y Bonilla at the Zacatecas Observatory in Mexico of objects crossing the face of the Sun on 12 August 1883.

The UFO photographs taken by Stephen Darbishire in 1954

Tinwiki participation encouragement.

Photographs taken by Rex Heflin in Santa Ana, California on 3 August 1965.

The Great Falls, Montana UFO footage (1950)

The Trindade Island UFO photos (1958).

The Condign Report

The Robert Panel

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Nice...tinwiki...yay I can finally add something.

But I am just curious, and without reading every post from the last 6 pages, what are the nature of the articles that we can create/add to? I understand that some are mythological, some dealing with UFO's, but are they mostly based on topics such as these, or would anything metaphysical be allowed?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

Basically they consist of anything that is discussed on ATS. Just keep in the theme of ATS...anything and everything from UFOs to conspiracies to space travel to philosophy to environmental issues to politics to cryptids to religion.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

So, like there is no category for putting anything about metaphysical aspects of Martial Arts. I am no expert, but I have a lot I could contribute if there were such a place. Those topics have been discussed here on ATS. I guess I could just write them up and then ask where to put them...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

Metaphysics would be an acceptable category for tinWiki.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
so what if you don't want your article to be edited?

what if someone comes and messes it all up?

is there a way to lock it?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Pages can be locked, however usually only pages that staff would edit are locked from just anyone editing it. The reason is that editing is the real spirit of the wiki. Articles can always be improved in many ways. However you shouldn't worry about a page being vandalized. When that happens it is pretty simple for the staff to revert the changes. For example, different pages get hit almost daily with spam, but the pages are reverted pretty quickly by a small staff that is very vigilant.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ok i get it now

so i just finished my article, called "Last Supper Secret"

tell me what you think, is it worth the points

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I actually want to write at least one article. I really like philosophy so I will divulge my person later. Metaphysics is good too.

Anyway, is it easy to make a nicely presented article?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been covered.
I just completed my first attempt at a tinwiki article.

The Allagash Incident

But I don't see it listed under Category:Aliens and UFOs.
Am I doing something wrong, or did I put it in the wrong category, or does it take a certain ammount of time before it appears?

Also if anyone has comments or suggestions about my article I'm open to them

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I categorized it for you.

To categorize an article, either at the top or the bottom, type in [[Category: Aliens and UFOs]] or the appropriate category for the article. It will automatically categorize the article and immediately show up under that category once the article is saved.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join