It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earn Points Writing on tinWiki! Up to 10,000 points per entry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Anxiety, I'm getting 404's on the Zarya/Unity pics that you are trying to embed on my ISS page. Check those links.

Rush

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
William One Sac - I made a Tin Wiki page on what a galaxy is (pretty obvious for most I would presume
)
It's a crude article to say the least, but I tried. Maybe I'll actually create a tinWiki article worth reading one day, but hey, it was my first article.

Monsterenergy, that is a really good article you have created there, and there is a wealth of energy that can be added to it. The page is pretty good, it has some minor formatting issues, but that really isn't a big deal. I am giving you 2500 points for your first effort. Keep up the good work and let me know if you have any questions.

If anyone feels they have points coming, please let me know and post a link to your articles, or just let me know what your user name is on tinWiki and I will give you the points.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Hey, I've created a new one on Dr. Thomas Benton. He is said to found the secret to eternal life and supposedly roams the thick taiga woods of New Hampshire.

I think it's a good reader (IMO) and I recommend people who enjoy legends and myths to read it. I'm not saying it's a myth though, but some parts could be false, but most of it's true!

Enjoy

Edit: the link here: tinwiki.org...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Ooh! I just finished a wiki on strange roadside people. Check it out, it's cool!

Interesting people and/or ghosts and stories! Some info might be hard to find on the web, so this article sums things up nicely I think.

Edit: forgot link once again: tinwiki.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey, me again!!

Created yet another TinWiki article! This one on the Marfa Lights of Marfa, Texas. I recommend it, that is, if you have nothing to do.

I'm getting used to the wiki code and it's fun once you know what your doing and when you have good material.

I think I might be addicted!
I'll settle down in a couple days though.

Edit: here's the link: tinwiki.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Reading through here I would like to know, whats wrong with stubs? If no page exists and someone (me) starts a new but short article on it then at least their is some info on the subject a user may of been searching for as opposed to no info... and who knows Said stub may even contain useful information for the one searching....

AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE who the heck is the person that has been marking my entries for deletion?!?! At least I know their are 7 continents 5 oceans! Each one has its own thing too! Area 51, Stone henge, the bermuda triangle, and so on and so forth.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've finally edited my first article Yay me ; ]

it wasnt a whole lot but it was more then the original...

check it out

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ...and justice for some

Nice job ....and justice for all, and an interesting article.

Rush

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How much editing can you do on a topic? I've looked through one:

Aspartame

And, there's a lot that can/could be added to it. I'd like to do that, but I don't want add things that basically make the original article null. Is totally changing the article still considered editing?

Also, what about things like the Shroud of Turin and the Incorruptibles? Are those suitable topics for the Religion section?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You can knock Antarctica off the list of stubs to expand on

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Thanks its a topic that applies to me so I'm very interested in it... i hope to get some other members to edit it and maybe add some more to it myself.

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
How much editing can you do on a topic? I've looked through one:

Aspartame

And, there's a lot that can/could be added to it. I'd like to do that, but I don't want add things that basically make the original article null. Is totally changing the article still considered editing?

Also, what about things like the Shroud of Turin and the Incorruptibles? Are those suitable topics for the Religion section?

In my opinion, Aspartame could definitely use some expanding. I don't think there would be any problem with anything you do so long as you don't remove any of the information that's there. You can always write questions on the Discussion page of any article, and if there's a problem with the edits, the article can be reverted to how it was.

And I think the Shroud of Turin and Incorruptibles would be awesome subjects for the Religion category. I find incorruptibles fascinating, personally

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Then, I will get started on those this week.

I just wanted to make sure that what I added/edited was ok and that others would be interested in it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Am I doing this edit thing right??

Aspartame

It looks ok, but this is my first time doing this.

I've added the Discovery, Composition, Properties and Uses, and Approval (and images) portions and just want to make sure I am not destroying anything. If those are fine, I will finish up the edit with Controversies and Health Concerns tomorrow.

Thanks.....

[edit on 9/17/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Added and edited some bits and bobs, Will add some more stuff shortly. Still geting my head around the layout etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Not that I'm really worried about it but is the points offer still up?

doesn't matter to me that was actually kinda fun i think I'll stick with tinwiki

Peace Justice

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ...and justice for some
Not that I'm really worried about it but is the points offer still up?

The offer does indeed still stand. I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to keep up with tinWiki the way I like to or award points to deserving entries and edits. If you would just list the entries you have either started or edited, please list them here or in the tinWiki forum, and I will look over them and award you your points. This goes for anybody who has made edits or entries recently and have not recieved points. Thank you for your patience.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm flush with points for now WOS,
But you know me, I'll send you a bill if I feel I've done anything worthwhile.

I'm trying to convert those points you gave me into images for tinWiki as fast as I can, but if you think there are too many in an article, or images are too large, please let me know.

If anyone else wants an image uploaded for tinWiki and are short on points, I'll still permanently host them on my ATS account for you.

anx.......

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I started a little thread in the TinWiki forum, but I'll post them here, too:

Created:

Mythology

The Incorruptibles

Shroud of Turin

Stonehenge

Edgar Cayce

Queen of Sheba

Dead Sea Scrolls

And, a large edit on:

Aspartame

Also, what are "Orphaned Pages"?? 4 of the articles that I created in the past week are on that page....Stonehenge, Shroud of Turin, Dead Sea Scrolls, and Queen of Sheba.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Wow! Those are some really great entries you have made. I apologize for how long it has taken me to getting to your points. You have worked really hard, and it is well deserved. Please keep them coming. I will check the tinWiki working forum to see if you have any additional entires which you are owed points for. I really enjoyed reading your work.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join