It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earn Points Writing on tinWiki! Up to 10,000 points per entry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox

all i ask is please god don't make any stubs

Speaking of stubs, I'm really trying to fill in as many of these stubs as I can.
So please people, don't add anymore, it's hard work going through each of these topics and fixing them.

Some I don't even know what to do with.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
haha yer stubs are a night mere, i remember at one point i would do three one day, then comeback the next day and have four new ones waiting for me -- but I've got them pretty much nailed down at below 20 and i think WOS and Optimist are holding off making any more for the time being, which i appreciate A LOT. I did all the easy ones so now we are just left with super-hard ones.

Fox

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well ladies and gentlemen, I have thrown my hat into the ring to become somewhat of a Tinwiki editor.

I'm still learning the ropes of wiki editing so I may be asking some questions constantly for a while. If anyone has any tips or suggestions once I start getting some stuff up, please let me know.

I just put up what may be considered a "stub" for right now on the Bell Witch. Any guidance on how to further proceed would be great.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well for God's sake please add info to it, i just spent 3-4 months getting the stub list down to only 10. So please add to it before we have to put it in the list. If you go to the TinWiki forum Optimist made a sticky post there which is great for starters.

Fox

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I just put up what may be considered a "stub" for right now on the Bell Witch. Any guidance on how to further proceed would be great.

It is fine to create stubs. Don't mind Fox as he has made it his mission to get rid of all the stubs. Which is great, mind you, but we do not want to dissuade new users from joining tinWiki for any reason. Keep up the good work nyk and I look forward to seeing you around the site.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments guys! I've been adding little by little to my page today, and I in no way intended to leave it as a stub. Just trying to get my feet wet a little bit first. I promise that will be a worthy page very soon, as well as anything else I take on.

I think I'm going to focus on making some pages for the list of "wanted articles" I saw on the site.

Looks like there is a lot of good ideas just sitting there waiting to be molded into a very informative page.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well that article aint a stub no more people. I de-stub'd it. great to see you on TinWiki, i saw one of your debates and it would be good to have some one like you on the Wiki

Fox

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I appreciate that very much.

I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy creating these pages and sharing information with the world. tinWiki seems to be an excellent resource and I'm more than happy to help.

I'm gathering some information as we speak to get a couple of pages started on some issues that were listed on the "want" page.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey all. Well, I made my first tinwiki edit (hands shaky and sweaty, hehe) and I hope that it is the beginning of many more edits and hopefully will be squeaking out some new articles.

I hope I did it right.

Rush

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello!
I have a question regarding points. Can we eventually trade the points in for cash and/or merchandise? If not, what are the benefits behind these points?
I just joined this site a couple of days ago. I'm a firm believer in conspiracies because I believe in thinking independently and not falling for the bureaucratic bullcrap that they try to shove down our throats everyday.
Have a great day and an even better one tomorrow!
Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Catwoman1010

Hi and welcome to ATS. No, you can't trade your points for cash or merchandise. But you can use them at the "ATS Store" through your MemCenter to increase u2u quota, customize your background, buy a 'title', etc.

Other than that the points just sit there looking good until we have more creative ways to spend them. And don't really let anyone tell you that they don't care about the points.....hogwash I say.

Rush

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I did some editing in the article for Gulf War Syndrome. I hope I did it right let me know.
Also had some questions on how to start a new article. I have an idea for a new article. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ice

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ice1300
I did some editing in the article for Gulf War Syndrome. I hope I did it right let me know.
Also had some questions on how to start a new article. I have an idea for a new article. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Starting a new article is really easy. First do a search to see if the article has already been created. For example, if you were going to write an article on the Wendigo, do a search for that with that title. If the article does not exist, you will see a link saying "would you like to create this article," or something very similar. Just click that link, and you will get a page that has a blank text editor box. Just write your text into that box, and then click save, and voila! You have initiated an article.

I would suggest that you read some of the help pages to get an idea of how to use the wiki code. Also, if you read an article, like the Gulf war syndrome, you can see how other people have used wiki code and formatted the page etc..

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask questions.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to ask so I'll just have a go in this forum.......

I'm curious what you think of this order for a format.

Also On tinWiki would always be at the top.
ATS Discussion Threads are next.
External Sources from other sites are last.

It just makes sense to me to keep it in house and have external links listed last.

I want to start editing articles this way as I add more links.
I'll start, but if anyone doesn't like it, let me know.

Edit: I edit.....

[edit on 19/8/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

how long does it take to get notified if you are getting any points?

many thanks

david

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Can someone also point me to a tutorial on uploading pictures to tinWiki ???

I'll host images in my ATS upload space or put them in a tinWiki upload space, but I need a little help on "How To".

Thanks
anx........

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Hi anxiety. Here's some tinwiki image procedures...
Adding an Image in case you haven't seen it. It's my understanding that it's best to upload them from your ATS space and to also add the image to the TiniWiki Image Description Page.

Hope this helps. I'm still trying to figure it all out too.

Rush

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
William One Sac - I made a Tin Wiki page on what a galaxy is (pretty obvious for most I would presume
)
It's a crude article to say the least, but I tried. Maybe I'll actually create a tinWiki article worth reading one day, but hey, it was my first article.

I would like to make an article on something that is not on Wikipedia, but that is fairly difficult since Wikipedia is absolutely massive!

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok, just made my first edits although minor ones only involving spelling, grammar, and syntax. I also was "shaking" a bit but, now that I've done it the first time, maybe it will become addictive. I did notice, however, that, although the article itself was saved with the changes I made, the information appearing for the article on the main page did not change. I'm guessing changes to that page only occur at certain times or can only be made by the editors themselves. I was just curious since I noticed it. It's a nice wiki by the way.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by trek315]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
drevill, what entries did you author? I have been out of the loop for the last few days, so I am not sure what pages you created.

AnxietyDisorder, We have been keeping them in that order since we started the site. So I don't think we should change the order right now. However if Fox or Optimist disagree with me then by all means we can implement your suggestion.

As far as the images, please use the member upload space on ATS and post them like that. The reason is that the image hosting service have bandwidth limits, and when the images get pulled it ruins the look of the pages.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join