It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earn Points Writing on tinWiki! Up to 10,000 points per entry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As many of you know, AboveTopSecret.com has its very own Wiki, tinWiki.orG. And to reward writers for their efforts, I have been awarding points to people who write new articles or edit existing ones. Both categories need all the help we can get. tinWiki has the potential of becoming a really great resource for many people like us who take an interest in the subjects we care about.

So I am saying now, that for initiating and writing a properly formatted article, you can earn up to 10,000 points. You can also earn points for editing existing articles.

The articles do not need to be perfect. That is the beauty of the site. Articles can always be improved, and updated. If you are interested, create an account on the site. If you do not want to use your ATS user name, let me know any work you have done in the tinWiki working forum.

Working on tinWiki is fun, and a bit addicting. And now you get points for it. I know, it's not as good as cash, but I am doing the best I can here!

[edit on 5-23-2008 by William One Sac]

[edit on 5-23-2008 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Hi William One Sac,

I have searched tinwiki for a flying or balck triangle page without success so I am assuming there is not one.

I would be interested in creating a page on the subject and have always been impressed by wiki's page.

My dilemma would be that what I produced would be very similiar to wiki's how could I avoid this or does it not matter.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have written a few entries for TIN and I assure everyone WOS is very generous when doling out points.

I believe if you write 10 complete entries you can earn the wiki editor badge! I'll try and find the time to write another article or two as time permits.

For awhile I was trying to pursue some original artwork for the mythical creatures area.. I'll have email my contact again and see if I can pester a few cool drawings out of him. If anyone does good artwork or knows an artist who would be willing to donate a few of their talented creations to TIN, remind them that it's good exposure as TINwiki attracts a high volume of internet traffic!

reply to post by sherpa

I searched for black triangles the other day too (on TIN) and couldn't find it. There is an entry for TR3, however I still see the need for an article on black triangles (which could be linked to the closely related TR3 entry).

As for being close to wiki, don't worry about it. As long as you write the article yourself and don't "copy / paste" you're fine. Often times, the data is what it is. Therefore it's nearly impossible to not present the data in a somewhat similiar fashion to other internet sources.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thanks scram, based on that I will give it a go.

If it can be continually edited than it can be refined.

And about that TR3B thing, I think we need to talk

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
My dilemma would be that what I produced would be very similiar to wiki's how could I avoid this or does it not matter.

Scramjet is indeed correct. It doesn't matter if it is similar, and really if the articles are well researched then they will be. We just don't allow copy and pasting.

Originally posted by Scramjet76
For awhile I was trying to pursue some original artwork for the mythical creatures area.. I'll have email my contact again and see if I can pester a few cool drawings out of him. If anyone does good artwork or knows an artist who would be willing to donate a few of their talented creations to TIN, remind them that it's good exposure as TINwiki attracts a high volume of internet traffic!

Scramjet, that would be awesome. Indeed perhaps I should also make a post on BTS requesting original artwork. If I could draw I would do some myself. Thanks for bringing this idea to my attention.
It would be really great if you could get some.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Bumping for those who contacted me about learning more on this

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Working on tinWiki is fun, and a bit addicting. And now you get points for it. I know, it's not as good as cash, but I am doing the best I can here!

(One quick point for WOS - Could you edit the title of the thread to refer to the 10,000 figure for points? It may help get more attention. I see that the thread with a reference in the thread title to 5,000 points has got more views than this one...)

As William One Sac knows, I share his desire to encourage greater participation in the Tinwiki. I think the occasional thread like this one is a good way to draw attention to the Tinwiki and make people think about contributing to it.

Why not give it a quick go?

I think it is a bit of a shame that so few ATS members appear to be aware of the Tinwiki or contribute to it. The Tinwiki will only fulfill its potential if more members of ATS (or non-members for that matter...) create new entries and/or edit the existing entries.

I’m not sure why more members of ATS don’t contribute to Tinwiki. I’ve sought to address some of the potential reasons on the Tinwiki page I created here, which also gives some links to some help for beginners.

ATS encourages all its members (and, indeed, non-members) to participate in the Tinwiki, either by creating new pages or editing existing pages. It’s not as hard as you might think and ATS places considerable value on contributions made to Tinwiki. This is reflected in the number of points that can be awarded to those participating in the Tinwiki. New entries can be awarded up to 10,000 points.

Why not take a few minutes to try to add a relevant paragraph to an existing Tinwiki page (or, if you are feeling slightly more ambitious, start a new page)?

Any mistakes can be undone quickly and easily.

Most users of the Tinwiki want to encourage others to participate, so will be very understanding of those trying to learn.

If you accidentally edit something, and have any difficulty at all in sorting it out, just shout out for help on the ATS discussion forum relating to the Tinwiki.

If there is any issue which is causing you to hesitate editing the Tinwiki, or creating new entries, the existing users may be able to assist. Just post the concern or issue on the ATS discussion forum relating to Tinwiki.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 23-5-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

i am working on a page right now, but feel reluctant to post it
due to its nature and fear that it will be highjacked and misused and made a complet mockery of like my previous efforts on ATS.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Forgive me. I know I am not the sharpest knife in the block. When I linked to TIN and attempted to create an account, I do not readily see an account setup. Could you please give the Tin for dummies sign up?
Thank you
John
Aw, Bodrul. I have earned pro status at making a jck ### out of myself. Fortunately for me their are kind enough people here that understand. Go for it. There will always be haters. It's a rough world.

[edit on 5/23/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

just click log-in
and then just enter in a user name password

if you havent got an account it asks you to repeat the password and enter your name

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks Bodrul, will try again. I hit create account and it just blips back to mainpage without any sign up links. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Account login/create account definitly not working for me. Perhaps it knows better.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

make sure your on the right page

try this

img136.imageshack.us...

[edit on 23-5-2008 by bodrul]

[edit on 23-5-2008 by bodrul]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thank you Bodrul, tried that link too. Clicked repeatedly on create account. I get blipped back to mainpage with no log in screen or prompts available. All I can think of is my security settings may be too high to allow it. Just don't know.
Edit: Lord my sp today...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Thank you Bodrul, tried that link too. Clicked repeatedly on create account. I get blipped back to mainpage with no log in screen or prompts available. All I can think of is my security settings may be too high to allow it. Just don't know.
Edit: Lord my sp today...

Hi jpm1602,

It is my understanding rightly or wrongly that if you are logged on to ATS then you should not have to create an account on Tinwiki, at least that seems to be how it works for me.

For instance I just click the TinWiki icon at the top of the page and I am in.

I hope this helps.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

check ur u2u
sorry for the one liner

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Aha! That would explain everything. Thank you Sherpa, thank you Bodrul. Looks like I'm good to go.
There is some crazy stuff going on with my account. I tried to reply to your u2u Bodrul. Get no reply function available. Tried to compose a message to you. Unable to. I need to take a shower before going out to dinner with my neighbor. I'll try again later tonight. Funky day all the way around. When I turned my puter on this afternoon I got the 'safe' or normal mode bad things blue screen. When I went to access ATS I needed to relog in with my password. Just a weird day all the way around.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sherpa, you still need an account to log in with your ATS name on tinWiki. So far you have just been logging in with your Ip address. But creating an account is no problem, I just created an account called "testing". If either you or jpm are still having trouble creating an account, I will create one for you and u2u you the password, which you can then change to anything you'd like.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you WOS, I have just created an account with no problems.

I am assuming you need the account to acces other features of Tinwiki that I have not needed to access as yet. yes ?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well yes, you do have a discussion page now. Also, in the future, if you wish to be an editor, you will need the account to access editorial features.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join