It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really want to play the racist card?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've seen at least a few threads based around how Obama's supports, and possibly Obama himself, are racist. People have said that Obama is only in this race because he is black. Because he is BLACK.

Wow.

Ignorance at it's best. But let's examine the types of real racism that Obama is going up against. Yes, many have posted shady or obscure comments that are dangerously close to racism.

But folks, I want to give a good example of what real racism is (just in case we all forgot):

WV Quotes

I guess because he is another race, I'm sort of scared of the other race. Cuz we have so much conflict with them.

- Wanda Gibson, undecided voter in WV

I want someone who is a full-blooded American as president.

- Josh Fry, a 24-year-old ambulance driver from Williamson, who "insisted he was not racist."

I heard that Obama is a Muslim and his wife's an atheist.

- Leonard Simpson, a West Virginia Democrat.

I don't think it's being racist necessarily, they just don't like black people that well. The arrogance and all bothers me more than black, but black is a close second.

- West Virginia voter R.K. Horton

White people look out for white people, black people look out for black people.

- Union organizer, just across the border in Pittsburgh

[Obama] takes the cake, because of, you know, who he is.

- Eric Hardy, 38, a former Democrat and president of the West Virginia
Coon Hunters Association. Also, owner of a Osama, Obama, and Chelsea's Mama sign.

Of course, West Virginia is over and done now. Next primary stop: Kentucky...

I really don't want an African-American as President. I thought about it. I think he would put too many minorities in positions over the white race.

- J. K. Patrick, a retired state employee in Inez, Kentucky wearing a "Hillary: Smart Choice" button.

So, can we quit playing the race card? I'm not complaining that Obama hasn't won yet due to racism, so why say that Obama's followers are racist? It's ignorant, short sited, and hateful.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
it is true that most democrts are racist. good thread btw.

here is where you can get the t-shirt.

www.shopmetrospy.com...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

I don't know how you can even figure out how to turn your computer on.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

yeah it takes talent. thanks for the copliment

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
it is true that most democrts are racist. good thread btw.

here is where you can get the t-shirt.

www.shopmetrospy.com...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by blimpseeker]

Say what???

That's a truly bizarre statement....

J.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

This is exactly the type of thing you're talking about. Amazing huh?

I mentioned the race issue in another 'anti-Obama' thread here, and was immediately told I was 'demonising' people who were ani-Obama. Could they answer my question about the possiblity that they may have an issue with Obama because he's black?? Of course not

J.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Yes, pretty much.

If white, working-class democrats vote this way (70-30ish), white-working class republicans would be much worse (90-10?). Something along those lines.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ask the CO-CHAIRMAN for Obama's Campaign this same question.

Maybe he can answer more eloquently than I ever could.

Perhaps he did...

This is not a judgment, so please no defensive posturing, just a youtube video pertinent to the thread topic.

Semper

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Fair enough.

I guess this just proves that people on both sides say incredibly dumb things. Again, proving my point that mudslinging and yellow journalism is useless.

Let's all discuss politics. Not race, racism, age, and other stuff that is irrelevant. I like to discuss policy.

Anyone else game?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

HA! the door does indeed swing both ways!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think its time to stop supporting this guy Sublime.

He is half White too, but you'd never know it by what he says and who he surrounds himself with (refer to Semper's video).

It is like he has some major Vendetta against the US and even White people.

He had it better than most Black people growing up, and not to mention, better than most White people too.

He acts like he's been poor and oppressed all his life. Not the case at all.

He was supposed to give a short speech afte Hillary won WV. He and his wife just walked off without giving the expected speech.

He acts like a spoiled child when things don't go his way. It is because he has everything handed to him, including an all expense paid tutiion to Harvard by his White Grandparents.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Do you have any quotes by Obama that support what you are saying?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why should it matter? It was on CNN TV about him walking off. I'm not going to waste my time searching for it on the Net.

It is just the tip of the Ice Berg where Obama's character is concerned.

Obama and OJ dream ticket - Yeah!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yes, pretty much.

If white, working-class democrats vote this way (70-30ish), white-working class republicans would be much worse (90-10?). Something along those lines.

Sure, sounds reasonable to me - though I'm no statistics expert myself.

Still it boggles the mind the attitude of some people...

J.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Lot's of talk, no facts. Good to know for future reference.

Would be interested to see some stats. Possibly in November? Obama v McCain in WV?

I bet most that voted Hillary will go McCain.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I don't know what scares me more when it comes to the people voting in this election, an ignorant white person or an ignorant black person. There is no shortage of either of the two. It doesn't matter really, Hillary will figure out a way to get the nomination and be the next pres of this ignorant country I live in. I am going to continue sitting back and watching this popularity contest/circus freak side show and not bother wasting my vote. Politics is all about the manipulation of the masses/ignorant/gullible/stupid people. I think that pretty much sums up the majority of the American sheep people. Only a small percentage have a clue as to what is really going on.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

But see the point is:

These are voters and people that can be tied to the candidates in some way.

Everyone knows a dumb guy, or a racist guy, or a gay guy. It is not necessarily a representation of one's character.

Yes, all of these idiots in WV said these things, but that doesn't mean that all whites are racist. Nor does it mean racism will stop Obama from winning, and it especially doesn't HELP him win.

And that's the point of this thread.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by semperfortis

Fair enough.

I guess this just proves that people on both sides say incredibly dumb things. Again, proving my point that mudslinging and yellow journalism is useless.

Let's all discuss politics. Not race, racism, age, and other stuff that is irrelevant. I like to discuss policy.

Anyone else game?

I agree with that. I think the deck is stacked with jokers. And I think those jokers have perfected the Nigerian email, but in their case they call it campaigning.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to label the idiots in WV, I was labeling the entire U.S. People of the same color tend to stick together. We act and say different things in private when we are surrounded by people that have the same color of skin. White people look down upon people of any other color in private, it's just the way it is. I am an equal opportunity racist and proud of it. I am racist against the entire human race.

Sorry if I went slightly off topic here, just venting.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe

I wasn't trying to label the idiots in WV, I was labeling the entire U.S. People of the same color tend to stick together. We act and say different things in private when we are surrounded by people that have the same color of skin. White people look down upon people of any other color in private, it's just the way it is. I am an equal opportunity racist and proud of it. I am racist against the entire human race.

Sorry if I went slightly off topic here, just venting.

I don't agree with the logic. Where it may be true in some cases, be aware it is not an absolute truth that whites look down on other people of different skin color. Nor is it absolute truth that they all say different things when surrounded by people of the same skin color.

Some people are 'what you see is what you get types.'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join