It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

knockings at my door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have been an onlooker to the discussion that frequents this site about the paranormal and unexplainable creatures for nearly two years. I made an account just a few hours ago because until two weeks ago I was totally skeptic to the point of denying everything paranormal or unexplainable when it comes to these beings. To get down to business here is what has been slowly yet surely turning my skepticism around entirely.

Two weeks and one day ago, Wednesday April 29th, I was in my room on the second story of my house getting ready for bed. It was around 12:30 at night. My room is above the side driveway and the side door. I heard a loud banging on the side door and I looked out of my window and watched someone walk off into my back yard. I was scared. I called my friend across the street and I woke him and he came over with a gun and both of us, armed walked through my back yard and the surrounding areas searching for whoever it was. My dad told me that this person could have just gotten the wrong house. I dismissed it all after much reassurance but something just did not feel right about it.

Since the initital knocking at my door the same exact thing has happened 5 different times now. On the the 1st, the 3rd, the 6th, the 8th and the 13th. I have talked to the local sheriff and there is a patrol that has been coming through my neighborhood every single night since the 7th when I talked to him. They have seen nothing. I cannot get any sleep unless its during the day because it freaks me out so much. I am on watch every single night for whatever it is and many nights I have friends over to listen as well. We have seen nothing since I saw the being the first night but we hear it. It is loud and it is absolutely clear that somethings knocking. Since the first knocking I have also been getting weird messages in my voicemail without getting any calls. There has been no talking on any of the voicemails, just weird chirping noises and buzzing sounds. I live in an 18 year old house that my parents built. I live with my family and I am going off to college in the fall. I don't know what's going on but it is worrying me. My family for some reason does not really care that it's happening. They don't hear the knocking because they are on the total other side of the house. They are very skeptic to anything paranormal going on. I don't know where to turn. Please ATS what is going on?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Put some wet ink or paint on your doorstep. Cover the door with vaseline. Nails, booby traps, some real Home Alone type stuff. Have you tried th' Ghostbusters yet?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There could be many explanations, though, none are paranormal.

The person knocked ... bad guys don't often knock ... though some do.

Teenage pranks ... in my youth the prank was to ring the doorbell then run and hide ... perhaps they prefer knocking.

A stray ( or non-stray) dog's wagging tail hitting a door sounds just like a knock.

In particular windy conditions, the trees branches hit my roof or sides of my house and they sound like a human knocking.

You DID see a person running away though; so, my first guess would be the teenage prankster. If it always happens at the same time, wait up for him and spook him first. *devious grin*

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just give it time... Maybe a month or so.. Get some sleep for one. And see if it still is going on after a month. If so then call your local Paranormal Studie Agency to come take a look if you think its a ghost or whatever.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wawaweewah, what did you think was going on before you came here for the answers? Whatever it was, you might be right.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have no idea what it is. I assumed that you guys could diagnose it as something paranormal. The weirdest part is the fact when I wait for the knocking while keeping watch I will sometimes sit right at the door and watch it. I will see the door and hear the knocking come from the other side of the glass door but nobody is there. The first night it happened I watched someone do it. Every single other time I have been watching while the knocking was going on there was nobody outside of the door. That is the part that is scaring me. My friends actually suggested that it could be paranormal and they were skeptics just like me until this weird knocking and these odd voicemails. I just don't know what to do.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
if it's paranormal or some punk messing with you, either way, i'd find/buy/borrow a video camera and set it up to record the door all night. if you catch the noise without a body or any visible cause, that'd be good evidence to present to get some more input. if you do catch somebody, that's good as well, and hopefully you will recognize them and can go from there.

with your situation as is, like other people have said, the possibilities are numerous for what [normal] things could be causing it. eliminate these possibilities. figure out if the noise is coming from the door or somewhere close to the door. pinpoint and keep exactness.

if it's a human prank, they'll be caught in the act eventually, get bored, give up, or slip up.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You will find your answer and I guarantee it wont be anything freaky.

Good luck mate and try not to be so paranoid.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
We had a similar incident with a friend in school. Was later discovered to be a stalker. I suggest you go lodge a report with the police. Dont be vigilante. Stay inside and try and get a trace on the number if you can thru the police.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I grew up in the south and these types of incidents were explained in my family as omens. Knock on the door with no one there is an omen of death in the family, also if a bird gets in the house an omen of death in the family.

Now, having said that, I feel badly since you don't seem to have any context to place these events into. And I am suggesting that this is a bad omen for your family. I am sorry. But when reading your account of the events that you are experiencing, everyone in my family has had similar things happen to them. Even the strange phone calls.

Last year my neice and I were in the dining room when we heard a loud knock at the door, I mean like BANGING on the door. We looked at each other and both went to the door because it sounded so serious or ominous. No one was there. We looked at each other again knowing that this was an omen. We had 5 more knocking incidents over the next few weeks. Knowing it was a bad omen I began to pray daily and burn novena candles for our family. Within 6 weeks we had 2 deaths in the family. One as a result of disease and the other was a suicide. We also had another family member attempt suicide the following month but she survived.

When I was pregnant with my daughter 24 years ago I began to get some very bizarre phone calls, unending fast chatter in some strange language that would go on for as long as 45 minutes. I would hang up the phone feeling unsettled and pick up again 10, 20, 40 mins later and it would still be going on. Okay, when people talk they take breaths in between sentences or words, but this voice was just babbling endlessly without breaths taken. My husband didn't know what to make of it and called the phone company. We had our number changed and the calls persisted anyway. I came to feel that there was some omen behind it and went to the doctor. When the calls would come I just felt that the voice was telling me about my pregnancy even though I couldn't understand a single word of what was being said. Come to find out I had some health complications developing due to my pregnancy. Extremely high blood pressure due to the baby growing up against a major artery in my body, gestational diabetes and some abnormal bleeding. I did what my doctor told me to do and successfully carried my child to term. I was previously told I wouldn't ever have children and several pregnancies after were ended in miscarriage.

In my family we just accept that the "other side" or the "universe" communicates with us. And we pay attention.

so, I ask you, what intuitive feeling do you have about these events? I sympathize with you since I know how unsettling and frightening these kinds of communication can be.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Like someone mentioned earlier, go with videotaping your door. See what you get. I'm interested to see what you find!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Since you saw the individual you know its just that someone is being a jerk.

Figure it is a jerk or how has been explained a stalker and report it to the police as many times as you have to. Sooner or later they will tire and go away or get caught and identified.

A stun gun or taser may be in order for home protection. Beefed up locks and deep frame and steel receptacle dead bolts may be a good investment.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Illahee]

new topics

top topics

join