It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA announcement....planet-like body inside our solar system!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I dont know if i should be excited about this...or afraid. I have read so many different threads on this site and i am open to all ideas. i'd like to know what everyone else thinks about this announcement. Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Can you post any links to this announcement?

Or dates?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes, a link would be great!

Who knows, maybe this is the source of the mysterious gravity pulling on the planets.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealXI

A little help... Maybe a link, or a named source?

Thanks.

My 10,000th post... w00t!

[edit on 15/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Do we have a link at all? There's nothing at all about anything like that on the NASA site.

Other than that, there are already several planet-like bodies in the solar system, so they probably don't feel the need to make such an announcement.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You can go to the official nasa site and click on their news. i am a new poster so i dont know how to add lnks. sorry. but i promise its there.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That is a pretty vague description, not a earth based planet supposedly able to support life, why so mystical sometimes for email fans or what?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Maybe these will help:

Most Distant Object in Solar System Discovered

NASA-funded researchers have discovered the most distant object orbiting Earth's Sun. The object is a mysterious planet-like body three times farther from Earth than Pluto.

Astronomers Find A Second Pluto

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealXI
You can go to the official nasa site and click on their news. i am a new poster so i dont know how to add lnks. sorry. but i promise its there.

Real easy, copy and paste the URL from your address bar.

Now. I just went through the NASA site and found nothing about a new planet discovery in our Solar System aside from the 2005 discovery. So post a link if you want anybody here to believe you.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't think the OP said anything about "New Planet" more of "Planet Sized object"

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS TheRealXI..........

Please, click on the star wars looking link in my signature, as this takes you to the HOW and WHY of posting on ATS.
YOU MADE THIS POST...it IS YOUR JOB to provide the links, proof and back up what your saying.
That is how you make a post on ATS.
Your not supposed to make a post begging everyone else to do the research FOR you......or telling people "if you just use GOOGLE it is there"

If you have no links or proof then you have no valid reason to make a post, beyond saying "I had a dream about......"

Thank you for trying, but read up on the 'how to' portion and then when your
'in the know' then your good to go, without wasting everyones time in having them need to teach you proper posting procedures.

EDIT to congrats on the MonkeyMan!!! way to go you megga poster MM!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
I don't think the OP said anything about "New Planet" more of "Planet Sized object"

So... evidently the OP ...absolutely was not capitalizing on the thread
about NASA announcing a positive result (since NASAs ~50th year inception) of ""Something"" to be ceremoneously announced on May 14th ???

come on, get real, the thread is founded on deception, as opposed to enlightenment or 'Deny Ignorance'

~add afterthought~

OK, i'll give 'em a break... the thread OP is meant for 'entertainment'

[edit on 15-5-2008 by St Udio]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I agree fully with you, I was just stating that the OP title didn't say "New Planet"
but "planet like" is all. Links to sources are always important especially with the title as the OP has it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Right on Monkey!!! That would be over 10,000 poo's served!! Congrats!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Maybe OP meens this

www.nasa.gov...

which is not a planet like body at all.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

come on, get real, the thread is founded on deception, as opposed to enlightenment or 'Deny Ignorance'

~add afterthought~

OK, i'll give 'em a break... the thread OP is meant for 'entertainment'

Shame on YOU!
How about treating new members with a little more hospitality!

Obviously, this person not knowing how to do the ATS thang, is excited about something and wanted to join up and post it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity
Maybe these will help:

Most Distant Object in Solar System Discovered

NASA-funded researchers have discovered the most distant object orbiting Earth's Sun. The object is a mysterious planet-like body three times farther from Earth than Pluto.

Astronomers Find A Second Pluto

Rapacity --

The link you provided about the "second Pluto" is an article about Sedna -- a body discovered in 2002 and is almost the size of Pluto. The same team that discovered Sedna also announed the discovery of "Eris" in 2005.

When Eris was discovered, some thought it should be the "10th Planet" because it is actually larger than Pluto and even has its own moon. However, instead it triggered the debate as to what should be called a planet. Eris was indirectly resposible for the re-catagorization of Pluto as a "Dwarf Planet" in 2006. Eris, along with Sedna, also fell under the Dwarf Planet catagory.

The fact that there is another planet-like body in our solar system isn't really surprising. We have 8 known Planets and many more Dwarf Planets. Scientists are fairly certain that bodies larger than Eris and Pluto still exist out there, but remain undiscovered. Japanese scientists announced last month that they have proved the existence (through calculations) of another large body in our solar system, but have not yet found it.

I'm sure that in time, scientists will discover dozens, if not hundreds, of large (maybe planet-sized??) rocky bodies out past the orbit of Neptune (called trans-Neptunian objects) in the Oort cloud and Kuiper belt.

Here's info on Eris and Sedna:
Eris Wikipedia
Sedna Wikipedia

[edit on 5/16/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I still wonder whats tugging on nuptune and uranas to make them have irregular orbits? Thats a nasa announcement I'd like to hear!! lol

new topics

top topics

join