It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie Williams' Sightings - In HIS OWN WORDS

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I’ve kept quiet about the fact that Rob and I have been communicating ever since he was kind enough to mention AboveTopSecret.com in his interview in the Guardian with Jon Ronson, because I didn’t want to add to the flak he was taking in the British rags…er… papers.

While there were certainly some decent and fair articles written about Rob’s interest in things outside of the “mainstream” there was lots of noise drowning out the signal.

The noise, IMHO, was there for the age old purpose of selling papers through sensationalistic name trashing. We all know the drill, when anyone mentions Aliens and/or UFOs in any meaningful or serious way the provincial thinkers, the insecure and the “mainstream media” all go into their eye rolling, giggling, “he’s gone mad” routine.

Out of all the coverage “Robbie’s gone mad” generated, I didn’t see a single story that asked the question, that in my mind should have been asked first… Something along lines of… “Hey Robbie Williams, what did you see or experience that caused you to take an interest in these topics?”

I know I am not a qualified investigative journalist, I am a businessman in the media business, so I am sure there is some blindingly obvious reason none of the journalists who spent so much time with Robbie Williams on their minds asked that question. Heck, I imagine I broke some great rule of investigative journalism just by asking him about it in private emails and in telephone conversations he and I have had but I really don’t care.

Okay I’ll stop being a sarcastic twit now and get on with it…

Rob is first and foremost a very nice person, he’s a “real” guy (whatever the heck that is) and I have to say that I have truly enjoyed getting to know him. That, however, doesn’t eliminate the possibility that Rob has indeed gone barking mad and is just floundering around looking for something, anything, to distract him from his lunacy and selected the topics we all know and love and our site, AbovetopSecret.com to serve that purpose.

While the fact I think he’s a very cool cat and a genuinely nice man doesn’t eliminate the “gone mad” possibility, what he wrote below does eliminate it, IMHO... Had I seen what he describes in the following excerpt from an email he sent me, I would be searching for answers on ATS too.

I spoke with Rob last night about posting this, he warned me that we might get inundated with requests for strange and scary things, I want to make it clear that Robbie Williams is a member of ATS and he does read the site everyday. Because of that, we won’t be tolerating any sniping, snide, rude or otherwise non “ATS quality” comments.

While I would not ordinarily post “for” someone, I have agreed to do it for Rob because I think it’s beyond cool that AboveTopSecret.com gets to be the only place I know of that people who are interested or fans of Robbie’s can read why he’s into this stuff.

So… here is what Rob wrote about his sightings… He and I both welcome all constructive comments and would love to know if anyone else saw these things last year (I can get the date or close to it) in or around the San Fernando Valley in SoCal…

original email from Robbie Williams

righteeho,

I was facing Sunset Strip lying on a sun lounger about 11.30 at night in the yard of a hotel I was staying at. The yard area was about 50ft square(maybe less) and at the end of it are palm trees and bushes, which obscures peoples' view from the other side in (and ours out). I was with a friend who was lying next to me on another sun lounger and we were both staring upwards. From what I remember, an object flew over us at about 200 to 300 ft high...it may have been higher I don't know.

It was definitely black with yellow stripes underneath. Now, I'm not sure if it was square or triangle, but I do remember that it made absolutely no noise whatsoever. My friend and I both saw it. I don't know why, but I had a hunch it was one of ours.

In addition to this sightening, there was another very strange occurance I witnessed one Friday night about 5 months ago. My friends and I were playing a song called Arizona (about ufo's) that we had written. It was dusk and, suddenly, a big ball of light appeared over the san fernando valley. We were standing on my balcony at the time. When the song finished it disappeared .......when we played it again it came back on...once again, when the song finished it disappeared.......this happened 4 times.

During this back and forth with the ball of light, an electrical storm came in and the balcony on which we were standing was hit by the lightening. One of my friends said he saw it (the ball of light) fly straight up and out of sight. I can't vouch for this cause I didn't see it with my own eyes, but he was sure that's what he saw happen.......we came in off the balcony after the lightening had just missed us and were stood back in my studio, when, out of nowwhere, (and everybody that was there saw this) a black strip of light a few inches thick came in through the studio door and stretched about 20 feet or so (the length of the studio) and went out through the opposing studio window.

Then 4 white large (spotlight) lights appeared in the clouds ...2 in front of the house and 2 a few miles behind it....Though the shape and look of the light did resemble Hollywood search lights, but the patterns they were making and the distance they were traveling was amazing. This happened for an hour and half from about 10 o'clock at night onwards and then again after 2 o'clock for half an hour...everything shuts down in L.A. at 2 am, so I don't know if it would be legal for a club to put spot lights on at that time in the morning....maybe you could find out?

If you want to start a thread about this you can with my permission.....What do you think?

I'm off to watch Iron Man....

cyar

Springer...

edit to correct my butchering of Rob's surname in the posessive...

[edit on 5-16-2008 by Springer]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Springer, why do you need to project him here. Can he not speak for himself. If he signs on as robbie, the worst that could happen here is that he would be slagged of.

You writing his words, are just like him writing them, so why does he not just write them himself in the open.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Springer, why do you need to project him here. Can he not speak for himself. If he signs on as robbie, the worst that could happen here is that he would be slagged of.

You writing his words, are just like him writing them, so why does he not just write them himself in the open.

That's a good point. But then again, he may get trashed here just because he's a celebrity and there ARE people here who'd want to do that just to attract attention. If he's prepared for that, then he should go ahead.

Anyway, as for his sigthings, it could be really ANYTHING. Especially the part with the Arizona song..seems to me someone was playing tricks with him.

But I may be wrong of course. (Which is very very very unlikely)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He asked me to so I did. He has his reasons and I respect that, he's done me (ALL of us) a favor by mentioning the site and I returned it by posting for him. That's all there is to it.

When you have millions of fans and not all of them are "stable" the drama can get intense, in my own, much smaller, way (ATS is COINTELPRO, etc...) I know EXACTLY how he feels.

Now to the TOPIC please...

Springer...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If I was a celebrity, then I could imagine that I'd only want to login using a name that did not identify me.

Give Robbie a break, if he's happy for Springer to post the stuff, that's cool. Maybe Robbie will post in this thread, without any of us knowing who he is...

I could imagine that he would be sick and tired of his U2U box being filled by fans wishing to suck up to him, if he identified himself with a real member ID.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well in fairness to the rest of the board, I really can't put anymore weight on his account than any of the other kooks, but its cool he was willing to let you post it. I only wish I could ask him a few questions about it.

I for one, am a huge fan of Robbie Williams. Not really his music, but the way he handles his life being a pop star. He honestly seems like a "real" dude. I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to send him a few u2u's to pick his brain over the music industry, so I understand why he wouldn't want to make his account public. (By the way, if he's reading this and wouldn't mind helping a newly signed musician by giving him a few hints, that would be pretty cool). But I digress.

Thanks for your experience Rob, I envy people who get a good look at UFO's, as my sightings have been non-descript. Keep fighting the good fight. I don't think you're any crazier than me (not saying much).

And thank you Springer for the post, maybe you SHOULD be a journalist (you seem to be more effective than most).

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If he is looking for stable characters to talk with, maybe ats is not his bag. At the end ofthe day he is behind an ip addy, and is not face to face with them.

I just wonder why if you would not talk openly on a site, would you then try to draw attention to the site.

Will what he wrote here(i mean you wrote for him) get ito the tabloids in uk, what do you reckon springer?

[edit on 5/15/2008 by andy1033]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Does it really make a difference if Springer posted for him? no, not really. And I can understand Robbie's desire for anonymity on the ATS site. I can only imagine if he were to start posting under his real name the amounts of "hey Robbie, I'm your biggest fan!!" and "Can you send me a personal email" or the amount of typical abuse that others seem to get for posting here yet 100 times worse because he is a celebrity. Im sorry but yes ATS does have its share of a$$holes only posting their closed minded crap just to stir the pot and get a rise out of someone. Unfortunately we are not ALL even keeled nice people like me

Really though, despite his celebrity, I am very interested in reading any thread about his experiences and theories just as much as I would anyone else's here on ATS. It wouldn't be hard for him to post without giving away his identity anyways. Either way he does it, I just want to hear the stories.

***note for Robbie*** - keep a video camera and digital camera with you at all times just in case you have a chance to document it here. Also invest in a tripod!

looking forward to more great posts by the ATS community

[edit on 15-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If he signs up as Robbie Williams on the site will be in-undated with idiots trying to get in his bed....so if he wants to post through springer or another name then so beit......

Anyway......what a weird experience he has had....pretty cool. The friends he was with.....how many witness's actually seen this and do they all have the same story?

Can you u2u me the song please?
wouldnt mind trying it mysen.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Now that is a cool story!
I wonder how loud they were playing Arizona, musical harmonics have been associated with sightings in past, I must do more research on this phenomina.

Well done Springer for getting the good stuff from Robbie.

Aw heck! I'll even give a flag and star!!
havalon

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

When you have millions of fans and not all of them are "stable" the drama can get intense, in my own, much smaller, way (ATS is COINTELPRO, etc...) I know EXACTLY how he feels.

Springer, I'm your biggest fan!!! really!! Can I get an autograph to sell off on Ebay? Ill be your best friend

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If i was to choose any star to join ATS i just would not of thought of Robbie Williams but its definitely good to have him here and be joining in like this. RW gets a hard time from the press over here in UK so i would imagine the last thing he wants is the press over him like a rash over this.

Thats what make me believe the fella, I mean he dont need any more hassle so it would have been easier to have kept quiet but NO he is a believer and wanted to voice his opinion. I for one respect that. That and the fact he is a cool kinda fella who appeals to all generations over here in the UK. (Especially my girl)

I say welcome to ATS Rob even if it is incognito for now and im sure you will enjoy this place immensely

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
If I was a celebrity, then I could imagine that I'd only want to login using a name that did not identify me.

Like BreadfanV1.4RC ?

Originally posted by Robbie

In addition to this sightening, there was another very strange occurance I witnessed one Friday night about 5 months ago. My friends and I were playing a song called Arizona (about ufo's) that we had written. It was dusk and, suddenly, a big ball of light appeared over the san fernando valley. We were standing on my balcony at the time. When the song finished it disappeared .......when we played it again it came back on...once again, when the song finished it disappeared.......this happened 4 times.

Other case of alleged telepathy involving supposed ETs :

Close encounter with a 'Nordic' type being

Hey Robbie, me too I need you to help two UK friends of mine become famous ! Wait for the U2U Br... errr Robbie.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ask him if he is genuine about this to do a podcast with you, orgo on coast 2 coast. Now he is out, would he do this to tell his story.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What Mark has kindly written for me here would cause a stink for many reasons..I would ask you As kindly as possible just to take my word for it.....And now that im on(Mark) can you take off my U2U please.....Any time i've attempted to post as my self on any site..It always goes T!TS up for one reason or another.....I just want to share what i have seen.. So,now im here.......any questions ....On topic ..I will gladly answer..Anything else i'll have to ignore..thankyou in advance...
rob

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Robbie is best off keeping his online identity quiet he can relax then and talk freely with out all the fame nonsense surrounding him, now if he was bobby davro then thats a different matter as i would demand an autograph.

As for his story who knows but what does he mean by a black strip of light

( posted before i seen chrisonabikes response)

[edit on 15-5-2008 by R-evolve]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If robbie does come here, here are two questions

1) Where you on drugs at the time, of your sightings or drunk?
2) Will you go on coast 2 coast radio show, to talk about it?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hmm, can springer confirm this acct.?

Anyway, here's my question about the first sighting. You say you saw that the black object had yellow striped. What was illuminating the object enough that you could see color? Or was it just the ambient light around you. Also, could you go into its size, speed, etc. for us? Sounds like it could potentially be the rare stealth blimp.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Going on C2C would just make him look crazier. Have you listened lately? That would be a step shy of career suicide.

Haha, I was a little tuned when I had my first sighting.

[edit on 5/15/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisonabike
What Mark has kindly written for me here would cause a stink for many reasons..I would ask you As kindly as possible just to take my word for it.....And now that im on(Mark) can you take off my U2U please.....Any time i've attempted to post as my self on any site..It always goes T!TS up for one reason or another.....I just want to share what i have seen.. So,now im here.......any questions ....On topic ..I will gladly answer..Anything else i'll have to ignore..thankyou in advance...
rob

Im interested in this black strip of light that entered through the window. Im trying to picture it and i imagine it would be hard to describe. What was this strip attached to. Did it emit any light or was it solid matt black. Thats first time i have heard of such light it really is very odd

[edit on 15-5-2008 by thesaint]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Hmm, can springer confirm this acct.?

Exactly springer should confirm if that really is robbie or not.

If you are robbie. can you answer this.

In the 1998 world cup, you were talking to martin o'neil, what song did he say he liked of yours, while you were both on screen, doing a match at the 1998 world cup?

[edit on 5/15/2008 by andy1033]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join