It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura vs Donny Deutsch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I thought this video was pretty hilarious. Jesse's an easy guy to agree with.

Would he make a good president or member of an administration?

What would be the ramifications if he were to run?

Would any of you vote for him?

There's some great quotes in there....

The interview.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I voted for Jesse back in Minnesota. (was out of protest to be honest)
He just needs to polish his delivery about things.
He would get killed in debates.
He couldn't do worse than Bush and I think he would have some smart people around him to "advise" him.
We could do worse....now ain't that something

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I did like how he mentioned our total deviation in regards to the war on terror. I still haven't figured out why we are in Iraq??
My only guess is the U.S. knew Iran will be a thorn in its side for decades to come and they wanted to set up shop next door.

Anyways getting back to Jesse "The Body," he brought up the fact that we still haven't gotten Osama! Where is he and why can't we find him? Has he really been hiding out in a mountain cave for over 6 years?? I doubt it.

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan will not allow any country to conduct military operations on its territory, officials said on Monday, rejecting a report that said the United States was considering authorizing its forces to act in Pakistan.
source

I bet he's in Pakistan and they won't let our troops conduct any operations there. Perfect place for him to hide.

What Ventura is saying makes perfect sense to me. There's really no way to stop terrorism and we should feel thankful that it occurs so infrequently on US soil. Instead of attacking countries which had nothing to do with 911, we should have done the following:

1) Been more suspicious of foreign arabs taking 747 flying lessons.
2) Lock the door to the cockpit.

By doing those simple things we might have prevented 911 and saved ourselves hundreds of billions of dollars!

Ok so hindsight is 20/20... you want my take on Ventura? He's definitely more body than mind, but at least he's no chickenhawk!

On a side note... I really like Jesse's new look beard!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love that we have people like Ventura hanging around....
Our system of government is designed so that darn near anyone can run for office. One of the things that maybe doesn't get discussed enough on ats is how we are constantly bombarded with career politicians running for office....
I'd love to see more performers, artists, musicians, economists, architects, writers, generals?, philosophers, bartenders?, ATSer's with 6 figure scores, etc...etc....we have a lot of good minds going to waste around here....

Jesse has a refreshing take on things, why not give someone from a different school a real look.

I bet 75%, give or take, of the population could have handled things better than Bush over the past 8 years. The three of us on this thread included.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Yeah most of those career politicians have ideologically contaminated themselves from an early age. They are often good public speakers who are passionate for what they do... Unfortunately that ideologically driven passion often limits their perception on things.

join