It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

360 post-9/11 workers have died, including 80 of cancer, says state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Now that's something I certainly don't disagree with. A few precautions and a little mega-disaster preparation might've saved them (and us) from a huge lawsuit and these guys from severe health issues. Of course, its always like that. They'd rather pay $10 in a lawsuit for every $1 that they might have spent had they used their brains earlier. No conspiracy, the government is just run by morons. Always has been.

Again, I think they very well may have a case here and if they do, best of luck to them.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Well the EPA said the air was safe - which points to either a conspiracy, or massive incompetence.

In either case, a lawsuit would be fully justified - at least some of the workers who have been denied treatment by their insurers would have a chance of living longer, or even getting better depending on the nature of their disease.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I think they probably just either screwed up taking the measurements, or their standards for air safety weren't strict enough. Considering that they'd never really dealt with something like this before, that second case seems plausible, but who really knows.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
yeah things like this should be aired too the media media..

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I, as well, agree. I'm not sure why people can't accept that 9/11 was a real thing.

Besides, everything today is made very cheaply, as to save money at the expense of human health. There are safer ways to insulate homes, and ways to be safer to install this insulation. It just seems silly that people would enter a job that in the end is going to outright kill them.

This all goes to show how much our government and corporations care about it's citizens....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have no doubt that officialdom will claim that the deaths are and will not be related to 9-11 rescue . That only doesn't suggest a conspiracy because you can find people trying pass the buck on in all aspects of life . Judging by FEMA performance five years later gross incompetence would be hardly out of character for the EPA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join