It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmen Highlight Mexican Commando Incursions Into U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Congressmen Highlight Mexican Commando Incursions Into U.S.

infowars.net

Two representatives have urged Congress to take action to address the worsening situation on the southern border which has been described by reporters and activist groups as "an all out war."

Rep. Ted Poe, R-Humble, has urged the Congress to take action regarding the frequent incursions of military style Mexican commandos into the U.S. that has seen over 6000 deaths in the past two and a half years according to conservative estimates.

The Houston-area Republican told the House Foreign Affairs Committee that members of Mexico's elite counter-narcotics teams, trained at Fort Benning, Ga., have defected and are now in the pay of drug cartels.

Poe highlighted the fact that the guerrilla-style commandos are regularly crossing the border into the U.S. and have been involved in violence and killings as far north as Dallas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OK, I don't know much about this, but thought it deserved some attention.

I know that the border is a massive source of contention as far as illegal immigrants were concerned, but actual armed force incursions far into US territory?

The irony is that the US trained these people and now they are working for the drug cartels, it has come back to bite the US on the bum.

Is there ANY solution to this problem?

infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Don't get me started. I'm not worried about incursions b/c we would smush them like a bug. They are a third world country and we have a million times the technology they do. It would be foolish at best for them to consider doing something like that.

What we do need to do is make a land mine field along the border. After a few of them disintegrate we won't have an illegal problem. I'm sick of those little blood sucking bastards. I live in south Texas. It seems more like Mexico. I go into stores and I'm the only white person there and all I hear is Spanish. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with someone coming to another country to better their lives BUT do it the right way!

They are killing our economy, driving the crime rate up and, trashing our country. If they want this to be Mexico so bad why don't they just stay the hell over there??

Oh and if you want to worry about someone coming over the border and attacking you - worry about terrorist coming through our open door and getting into one of these refineries that I work in! Oh I'm sorry they are already coming through descised as Mexicans, heaven help us if one of these jehad nut jobs gets into BP Texas City or ExxonMobil Baytown. Kiss half the contenent good bye!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There would be no reason to defect if your general is the head of the cartel, would there? If they get enough money and power from our hunger for drugs they might just decide to take Texas back. We are not that powerful anymore.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Newsflash! Texas was Mexico. Until your compatriots illegally immigrated into it, and took the place over. Oh the hypocrisy you're displaying. It's OK for god-fearing, white Americans to immigrate wherever they want, but heaven forbid a brown person does it. Or, maybe, it's fine that your family immigrated, but for anyone else to do it upsets you. I'm having difficulty trying to figure out your logic behind this outrage.

Also, do you know how difficult it is to get into the US legally? This isn't like the good ol' days when your folks came over on a big boat, wrapped in large coats, waving at lady liberty, to be given anglicised names and sent on their way to a new life. What happens now is masses of paperwork, delays of years, and massive costs ($5,000 dollars minimum, for one application). One mistake, and the paperwork can be rejected, hindering a further application, and costing the applicant another $5k. How can a peasant scrape that much cash together, enter into lengthy discussions with the US consulate/embassy, and get a visa/green card? And then there's the quotas. Do you really think that's going to be more attractive than spending half of that $5k on a coyote to get you across the border, or heck - spend $30 on water, food, and sturdy shoes and make the crossing yourself?

You're living in the past if you think legal entry into the US, to live and work, is just as easy as crossing over the fence.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Texas was part of Mexico.It was surrendered by treaty to the U S. That is a pityful arguement.Mexico once belonged to the Mayans until Spain conqured them.
Place the shoe on the other foot for a while and tell me how Mexico would feel about millions of illegals pouring across its borders and straining their economy? Oh thats right ,they will just shoot illegals at the border.There is not much in the news about Mexicos southern border.Research it and see how they treat "illegal imigrants"I think you'll find we have been more than kind comparativly.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Here's another article about the OP...

U.S.-trained forces reportedly helping Mexican cartels

The renegade members of Mexico's elite counter-narcotics teams trained at Fort Benning, Ga., have switched sides, contributing to a wave of violence that has claimed some 6,000 victims over the past 30 months, including prominent law enforcement leaders, the Houston-area Republican told the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

The U.S.-trained Mexican security personnel have "switched sides and became assassins and recruiters for the Mexican drug cartels."
Poe, a former prosecutor and criminal court judge, issued the allegations in an unsuccessful effort to persuade the House Foreign Affairs Committee to revamp President Bush's Merida Initiative.

McCaul, a former federal prosecutor who specialized in counter-terrorism, called border drug violence "an imminent security threat right on our doorstep" that deserves the same effort as the war on terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ummm... yah... isn't that common sense in this day and age...? Of course this is "terrorism", and it's actually real and has been allowed to 'freely' occur, and anyone to freely cross, without much effort against it. The 2 guys who seemed to actually do something and shot a smuggler in the ass, are STILL sitting in jail, if I am not mistaken -- Ramos and Compean...? Sounds right... anyway... I like the idea of the mine field... but I agree with dave and daddy to an extent... but here are some of the initial results of all this ILLEGAL immigration. Laws have always changed, prices have always gone up... if you don't want to be a LEGAL American citizen, then have a nice visit, but don't stay too long... and come in legally so you don't add to this garbage (literally)...

Pictures of Our Beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona

There was a sigh of relief the day the Senate defeated the Amnesty Bill, but the USA is still being invaded! These photographs show one of the biggest lay-ups ever found, recently discovered in Arizona.

This lay-up near Tucson is on an 'illegal super - highway' from Mexico to the USA, which is extensively used by human smugglers, is located in a wash area approximately .5 of a mile long just south of Tucson.
There is an estimated 3000 discarded back packs in this lay-up area alone. Countless water containers, food wrappers, clothing, and soiled baby diapers. As you can see in the photographs, there are fresh footprints leading right into it.

The trash left behind by the illegals is an example of another environmental disaster in the USA. Had this been done in one of our great mainstream parks like Yosemite National Park, Shenandoah National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Gettysburg National Military Park or Cape Cod National Seashore, there would be such an outcry of outrage and probably spur an uprising of the American people........but this is remote Arizona-Mexican border.

Simply beautiful

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I really have to weigh in on this. I'm from the Houston area. My town freakin' looks like Mexico. I know this isn't a thread about illegals BUT this is along those lines.

The people of Texas are sick of the illegal situation. They have driven our crime rate up. If you were to watch the news you would see that 95% of the crimes commited are by hispanics and more than half are illegal!! They have trashed the place and they are killing our economy. If they want to turn this place into Mexico why don't they just stay the hell over there?

At this point there is a quiet revolution coming together. Texans are sick of the illegals and their crimes. Start looking for ranchers and just everyday Joe's taking up their guns. If the powers that be won't fix the problem we will just as Sam Houston did many a year ago. It's coming just watch-REVOLUTION!!!

Remember Goliad!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Yes, and the Spanish took the territory that is now Texas away from the Native American tribes by force as well. They're at least as guilty as we are.

As for the original post, its something I've heard many times before. Small groups of Mexican military forces apparently make routine incursions 50-100 miles into US territory.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If those figures are right, that means more people have died in battles with these renegades than soldiers have been killed in the Iraq war?

And nobody does anything to stop it? well not in a gig sense anyhow or they wouldnt be getting across the border, it has to be suiting someones agenda i think, and my bet would be on the American side, apart from the drug dealers, who else makes off this? and is it illegal immigrants who are being killed or Americans? are the renegades doing the killing or American border guards or American citizens?

I agree with most of you something is really wrong here.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
And kinda back to the drug cartel aspect and more on topic... there is a simple fix to the main problem... END the "War on Drugs" -- then, no [main] problem, it's a legal business.

Who wants to end the "War on Drugs"?

As for 'securing' the border -- I like the landmine thing, opposed to a fence... and/or 'gaurd/sniper towers' spread along the border and manned 24/7 -- in comes human/lazy errors though... lindmines

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Earthman no offense but you know nothing about my great state. You are talking about a state that the majority consists of: red necks, patriots, nationalist, conservatives and, cowboys. We like our guns and we fear God. I'd love to see a bunch of wetback thugs try to take my Republic over. They will be met at the border by above mentioned with a welcome mat made of lead. Like I said COME AND TAKE IT! It ain't happenin'!!

Don't by the propaganda that slime ball criminals have more power than the good people of Texas.

And Dave420, put the joint down. Wrapped in big coats? Are you German or American? I don't seem to remember the dirt poor Italians or Irish wrapped in big fur coats.... Until you visit my beautiful state and fully understand what we are going through don't judge.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Sure we could do that... The war on drugs will end when we have the cure for cancer.
In other words it could happen but too many people are making too much money with things the way they are. They say if it's not broke don't fix it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Indeed!

As for the Mexican troops, the article says they're not acting on behalf of the government, but for organised crime. This isn't a sovereignty issue, but an organised crime one.

Instead of trying to fix the symptoms of this issue, fixing the cause would make far more sense. Legalise, and tax, drugs. Mexico could have a thriving industry, elevating its GDP and well-being of its citizens.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is going to cut both ways baby just wait. If they normalize the North American Union we'll be able to flood Mexico with retirees and buy up all their prime real estate. Then all of North America can be organized into work camps and elite estates guarded by commandos, just the way they want it.

new topics

top topics

join