It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds in China prior to Earthquake Possibly Haarp?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Since the sun's light is being refracted by the clouds in each of these instances, Alot of this is optical. You can prove that by looking at the ROYGBIV coloration.. Just as it would occur if you refracted the light with a prism.

Thus, the clouds are not exactly irridescent or giving off their own light. They are simply refracting sunlight passing through them. If you were to look at the cloud from a different angle, the colors could be invisible. It would be a simple white cloud. Thus, the location of the observer with relation to the light source is always important in such optical phenomenon. Much like rainbows (which occur in falling rain and usually only when the rain is between you and the sun).

What we're seeing with the coloration is much different than what you would see with actual irridescent clouds which usually only give off a limited range of coloration. Not the entire spectrum.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
First I just want to say that this is my first post on ATS so i hope I am posting in the correct thread. I found an interesting website that I wanted to share with you all and see what your thoughts were regarding this info. This info caught my eye because of all the crazy earthquakes popping up everywhere and I happen to live in Kentucky along/near the infamous New Madrid Fault Zone.

The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)

cedb.asce.org...

Discusses explosives being detonated in the New Madrid Fault Zone for the purpose of generating large body waves for assessing damping and attenuation characteristics.
Document type: Conference Proceeding Paper
Part of: Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics (GSP 133)
Abstract: Explosives were detonated at two sites in the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ) to generate large body waves for assessing damping and attenuation characteristics. Seismic piezocone penetration tests (SCPTu) were conducted at these sites before and after the blasting, including immediately, one day, and 8 months later. In order to quantify the magnitudes of uncertainty in horizontal soil variability and equipment errors on CPT measurements, the variance ranges of CPT data collected at a nearby paleoliquefaction site in the NMSZ were derived. In consideration of the expected variance ranges, the induced-liquefaction from the blasts was found to have the effect of temporarily lowering some of the cone penetrometer measurements in the liquefied sand zones during these experiments. However, contrary to anticipated aging effects on the recorded cone tip resistances and shear wave velocities, observed time effects on field SCPTu measurements following recuperation in these NMSZ experiments did not appear significant, perhaps due in part to the freshwater environment of the sands.

Can anybody explain this to me, because I am no expert in this area but it makes me quite uncomfortable to know they are detonating along a fault line so close to home.

Thanks guys!

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join