It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Physically opposes Passion Production and Release

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In this world full of intrigue and conspiracy where secret pacts are formed and broken each day and plots are fomented and thwarted in a kaleidoscope of the subversive almost beyond any one man�s conception, there is an epic war that is being fought beyond our 5 senses. This battle is between the powers of darkness and evil and the powers of light and good. There are times when the affairs of men and this hidden war of the ages intersect in a way that the two parallel story lines merge and we on the veiled side of this great epic struggle can get a glimpse of the titanic clash taking place just the other side of our perceptions. The production and release of the Passion of Christ is one such conjunction of these two world for in the viewing of this movie many millions will have evils mortal wound exposed to them. For many this will be a turning point where they will realize the futility of darkness and turn to the light.

With that as a preface I would like to open a discussion on the strange events surrounding the production and release of the passion of Christ. I think we can glean some understanding from the events that transpired during production and release of this movie. We may even find as this thread progresses that the viewer of the movie may experience glimpses of the cosmic battle for the dominance of the universe manifested to them in ways that can be described here in this forum. My hope is that this thread will broaden our understanding of this spiritual, if you will, conspiracy and so perhaps help us to understand better the physical conspiracies that this site is dedicated to exposing.

I leave this first post with a link to the story just released of the Passions composer who describes a physical battle with what he calls the presence of Satan himself. I invite you to view his remarks and post your own links and or personal stories on this issue.
link to story

'THE PASSION' UNLEASHED
Creator of film's score 'battled with Satan'
Musician: 'He was in my room a lot' during movie production

Posted: February 28, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern
By Dan Wooding
� 2004 ASSIST Ministries
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. � John Debney is used to writing movie scores for comedies like "Liar, Liar" and "Bruce Almighty," but he admits that composing the score for Mel Gibson's powerful movie "The Passion of the Christ" was the most difficult assignment of his life.
For it turned out to be a battle between good and evil that he had never experienced before in some 20 years in Hollywood.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i havent seen the movie, but is there some sort of message in the movie other than just another jesus flick?
is Mel Gibson trying to say something?
i believe everything you posted, although im not a religious person anymore, ive given up on that.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think that Gibson it trying to portray this violent tortured act of love as a pivitol moment in the history of creation. From the interviews I have heard he certainly believes that himself and while I don't know that he is trying to expose the Spiritual battles going on today he is certainly attempting to bring to the fore of peoples mind the fact that there was a great battle, the cost of that battle, and the outcome of that conflict. Gibsons inclusion of a sinister "Satan type" figure in the movie protrays can really have few other interpretations.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i saw the movie

mel was just trying to present the story at the end of the gospols. each one has different information in them.

and from waht ive seen ibelieve hes done one hell of a job

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaturalDisaster

Yeah, but it is in Aramaic.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by NaturalDisaster

He is just keeping it real.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have heard tell of strange happenings during production of the movie like lightning striking the man who played Jesus and things like that. Does anyone have a link to this information?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well for one thing. There is no epic battle between good and evil. You cannot, CANNOT have one without the other. Plain and simple.

One cannot and will not exist without the other. All of creation exists in a balance. And that is a fact. One cannot know beauty unless there is an ugliness. You cannot have darkness without the light or there would be no such thing as darkness.

And exactly what strange events surrounding the release of this particular movie? I find it hilarious how easily swayed people are by the most trivial of occurances.

How about the movie "The Crow"? Brandon Lee was shot during a scene by a prop gun that was myseriously loaded with real bullets. Pretty strange don't you think? So is it true that the curse put upon his family came true? Did the evil spirits finally fullfill their duty?

There are countless movies that have had odd occurances during production and many deaths were the result. Does it really mean a damn thing? Probably not. So why is it this movie is making such waves?

The production of this movie was subject to the same "bad luck" that other films were. Yet just because this particular movie happens to depict a religious figure that there is no proof ever existed, people start freaking out and taking it as a sign of the times.

If this epic battle was actually going on, instead of a harmonic, cynical, balance. Why would the good allow evil to exist? Why would evil allow good to exist?

If God exists then he is NOT omnipotent. Otherwise he would not allow evil to exist. He would not allow people to become corrupted by lies. He would not allow Satan to steal his children. Now would he?...

Guys. It's a movie. Nothing more. The biggest significance this movie will ever hold is how many Oscars it may win and how much it grosses at the box office. That's it...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Well for one thing. There is no epic battle between good and evil. You cannot, CANNOT have one without the other. Plain and simple.

One cannot and will not exist without the other. All of creation exists in a balance. And that is a fact. One cannot know beauty unless there is an ugliness. You cannot have darkness without the light or there would be no such thing as darkness.

I agree there can be no darkness without the light but there can be light without darkness. There can also be beauty without ugliness for all can be beautiful but ugliness is the lack of beauty just as darkness is the lack of light.

Therefore evil cannot exist with out good but good can exist without evil. By the same standard God who is good preceeded all other things and in his goodness gave the things he created free will. The granting of freedom is a characteristic of good. In granting His creations the ability to choose good by its nature opened the door for evil to come into existance. There is no balance of good and evil. Evil only exists until all have made their choice. Once that is done good is then obligated by its nature to destroy evil.

Sorry to diverge from the appointed topic but I felt those comments needed addressing.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
I have heard tell of strange happenings during production of the movie like lightning striking the man who played Jesus and things like that. Does anyone have a link to this information?

Happened twice.....
BUT much like golfers, who die while playing in thunderstorms, they were carrying a lightning rod in a storm (umbrella)

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The lightning strike story, this story and other crapola seem just to be there to add more hype and gossip surrounding the movie.

The composer for PASSION was a guest on a radio talk show the other evening, and from what I heard he mentioned nothing of a devil or whatever.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I agree there can be no darkness without the light but there can be light without darkness. There can also be beauty without ugliness for all can be beautiful but ugliness is the lack of beauty just as darkness is the lack of light.

Therefore evil cannot exist with out good but good can exist without evil. By the same standard God who is good preceeded all other things and in his goodness gave the things he created free will. The granting of freedom is a characteristic of good. In granting His creations the ability to choose good by its nature opened the door for evil to come into existance. There is no balance of good and evil. Evil only exists until all have made their choice. Once that is done good is then obligated by its nature to destroy evil.

Sorry to diverge from the appointed topic but I felt those comments needed addressing.

How do you figure? If light could exist without darkness then it wouldn't be light. There would be no such thing as light. Just as there would be no such thing as good if evil didn't exist. It would just be. There would be nothing to define it because there would be no opposite. No contrast. You can't have it one way and not the other. It either is because of something...or it isn't...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The same "story" was told, when Jesus Christ Superstar was filmed.
At the moment of crucifiction the sky got dark etc etc....
Who knows...maybe God didn't approve.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The "Passion of the Christ" story is told most completely and accurately according to the visions that Sr. Catherine Anne Emmerich was graced with 200 years ago.
Group Link

This is the foundation (as well as - to a lesser extent - the Gospels) for the story and movie. Read the book, learn, and discuss.

God Bless,
RogueOne

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As any... ANY philosopher knows, you cannot have one thing without a contrast to it. If you don't have a contrast, it doesn't exist. Let me ask you this:

HOW would you know that there is only light, if that's all you saw?

Now for the logical explanation (note the word LOGICAL):

In literal terms, you would only see white, nothing else. You could not see yourself, because you would be white, and nothing would exist because it would all be white. Now, throw darkness into the mix and VIOLA! You have a contrast to which to compare the light. Don't even try to go for colors, I will argue this as well. If all you have is light, what would separate it into it's different colors? Darness is the ABSENCE of light. Color is the ABSENCE of the other colors. If you cannot have the absence of light, you cannot have the absence of ANY light, and therefore would only have pure light.

The same thing works with Good and Evil. If everything was good, nothing could exist. Evil is fluctuation of the absence of Good. This gives contrast and makes Good apparent. A true Utopian society could not exist. Every good person has some bad by which to contrast the good, and Bad people have Good qualities by which to contrast.

If you cannot even conceive of this argument, then just stop this thread now. All it will do is upset you beyond all recognition.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
About mishaps in the movie....I havent heard of this yet. Any links?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum

As any... ANY philosopher knows, you cannot have one thing without a contrast to it. If you don't have a contrast, it doesn't exist. Let me ask you this:

HOW would you know that there is only light, if that's all you saw?

Now for the logical explanation (note the word LOGICAL):

In literal terms, you would only see white, nothing else. You could not see yourself, because you would be white, and nothing would exist because it would all be white. Now, throw darkness into the mix and VIOLA! You have a contrast to which to compare the light. Don't even try to go for colors, I will argue this as well. If all you have is light, what would separate it into it's different colors? Darness is the ABSENCE of light. Color is the ABSENCE of the other colors. If you cannot have the absence of light, you cannot have the absence of ANY light, and therefore would only have pure light.

The same thing works with Good and Evil. If everything was good, nothing could exist. Evil is fluctuation of the absence of Good. This gives contrast and makes Good apparent. A true Utopian society could not exist. Every good person has some bad by which to contrast the good, and Bad people have Good qualities by which to contrast.

If you cannot even conceive of this argument, then just stop this thread now. All it will do is upset you beyond all recognition.

I think this can be true for the begining of Good and Evil, You are correct in saying How would we know what was good if there was nothing to compare it to.

BUT!!! Surely since we now know these differences, Evil or good could be destroyed. Leaving only one or the other. Just because we know Of evil doesnt mean there has to be any evil. At least thats whats keeps me up at night =)

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I haven't seen the passion but from what some one told me it's just a 2 hour a** woppin

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, I believe Mel made The Passion of Christ because it portrays something that many other movies about Jesus do not - The incredibly violent torture he suffered. I saw Passion yesterday night, and, I gotta say, it is a GOOD movie. I loved it. It truly shows what Jesus went through, it actually brought a tear to my eye..I didn't think it would...but it touched something. Good job Mel! I like the way they portrayed Satan too...he was there to try to get Jesus to come with him, but Jesus denied him over and over again. He prayed for the people who were murdering him at the time of his death...I think Gibson wanted to shake things up a bit, something that hasn't been done in awhile...

But Satan actually physically opposing the movie? Weird...but hey, fact is scarier than fiction sometimes

-wD

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Light is defined by its properties you can have varying shades of light and it does not represent abscence of light it represents the intensity of light. The point of this argument is that light is the definer. Darkness is the opposite. You can have a thing without a contrast to it. To say you need a contrast to define a thing is to become impractical and illogical in your thinking. Things are defined from their uniqueness not their contrasts. Light can be defined and is defined by varying shades of light. Darkness teaches you nothing about light but light can allow you to understand what darkness is. You cannot define anything in the negative without the positive but you can define the positive without the presence of a negative. I can tell you what three is by showing you three items. You cannot tell me what -3 items are without the defining of the positive number 3. I can define the light because it has substance. Without the light you cannot define the darkness because it has no substance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join