It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 16 year old rape victim needs help

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
GEL, I agree.

I can't say the youtube video made me believe her, but it is still underage rape regardless of her giving consent.

I have a friend on mine in jail, because a silly over age girl cried rape when he didn't do it. They had sex, at the time both agreeing with the situation knowing what it would lead too.. she wakes up, ashamed of sleeping with someone when her boyfriend is at home with her child and walla! she did nothing wrong. he did.

We were at a wine dinner do, wine then dinner and a lot more wine, she is I mean all over him. I had to ask her to leave the table because she started fondling him under the table! At one point straddling him! and she has the cheek to say he came onto her and she was so drunk and he took advantage! It is true, women do get away with it easier (only some times).

But in this case, as i said before an adult man has had sex repeatedly with a child. That is truely wrong in my books.

Oni x x

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Considering the fact that the older person - male OR female - is supposed to understand the intricacies of having a relationship with someone, i can't help but agree with you.

He broke the law, simple as.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I will take that as a complement.

Oni x x

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Thank you for taking it as a compliment - a lot of people probably think i'm quite patronising.

Still, seeing as this girl is getting the attention she is, i think it quite likely that she will be having the help she needs more or less forced upon her.

It would be quite odd, wouldn't you think, if she turned around suddenly and said "Actually, i feel a lot better now that he's in jail!"?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

To me (and the state of Florida) she is just trying to get back at a guy who dumped her.

They had consensual sex when she was one month shy of 16. The state says both admitted a consensual sexual relationship, there was no evidence what so ever that she was ever forced and the State decided it was a young girl mad she got dumped.

IMO, this is a dangerous game to play.. very dangerous indeed.. in fact, I believe since she outed this young man so publicly, that if any evidence surfaces that SHE lied about the alleged charges.

SHE should serve a sentence for rape.

It's so easy for a girl to cry rape and get an ex boyfriend (or current, or husband, or friend) imprisoned just because they got upset. And when the female is found guilty of lieing NOTHING ever happens!

Just look at the Duke case. That woman should imo serve 3 consecutive terms for each man she wrongly accused.

I believe the same with this girl.. lieing, seeking attention and abusing peoples emotions.

It's pathetic.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
First off, how did you find this video, you need to type in a search term, is it under "16 year old rape" or something!?

If you click the first Source hyper link it takes you to where I found it. It was on CNN News.

[edit on 5/16/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

We have said continuously in this thread that women do do that a lot as it happens.

But she was and is a child! her consent is not enough when she is under the legal age for sexual activities. He was eight years older and should have known better. They were having sex prior to her turning 16... which is underage sex which is against the law. Regardless of consent or not imo.

Oni x x

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Oni x x]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

She was ONE MONTH SHY.

Was she MAGICALLY going to become more "mature" when one month passes?

Please.

I was the same age when I began messing around, trust me, I knew more then well enough what I was doing.

Think back to when you where 16. Not so innocent. Well maybe you where, I wasn't. Girl friend wasn't. No one I knew was.

She was consensual and she knew what she was doing.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yer I understand that mate, course I do. But I mean when she claimed he raped her she was one month to become 16. But they had sex many times prior to this incident. I am not saying it is true or not, but I believe in any case, he should at least get something because he was with a minor. She is a child regardless of how aware of sex she is.

Oni x x

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

Originally posted by Alethia
First off, how did you find this video, you need to type in a search term, is it under "16 year old rape" or something!?

If you click the first Source hyper link it takes you to where I found it. It was on CNN News.

[edit on 5/16/2008 by Solarskye]

Solarskye, no worries man, I wasn't having a go at you, I was just wondering what search term someone would have to type in to even notice such a video was on You Tube. Posting a video on YouTube is one thing, but people have to search for it, so how/why did she think people would find it and watch it?

Odd that CNN won't mention her last name so they don't identify her, then post a full face photo!

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Alethia]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

See two posts down.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Oni x x

She was ONE MONTH SHY.

Was she MAGICALLY going to become more "mature" when one month passes?

HAHAHA owned by truth!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
OMG lol watch it again she totally smiles at the end and has to stop herself.
Its pretty simple, this girl found out she wasnt the ONLY one. She admits she was "tricked" well welcome to regretful sex and life!

I knew several guys just like this one, however its not illegal and for all we know she could have told him she was 16 since she was so close anyhow.

And for all you guys know this could just be another lonely girl, although the actings way way worse. Shell never work as an actor lol. Ok Im done.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I was the same age when I began messing around, trust me, I knew more then well enough what I was doing.

I'm going to ask you a single question - did you "mess around" with a 23 year old woman/man?

The age gap is obscene.

I truly believe that sure, maybe 16 year olds should be allowed to "mess around" with people of their own age, but to sleep with someone who is supposed to be quite capable of having a mature relationship - or vice versa, for someone to sleep with someone who is not capable of having a mature relationship - is utterly and truly abhorrent.

P.S: If you don't know the difference between "messing around" and having a mature relationship with someone, then i guess that you don't know any better.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't want to say it's fake, but through the whole thing, she doesn't seem very convincing at all. When I saw it on TV earlier even one of the reporters was questioning if she was telling the truth and that reporter was a woman. Someone else mentioned that at one point it looks like she might be reading off a paper. Either she wrote down some notes or is reading a script someone wrote for her. For someone who is so upset, she's fighting pretty hard to get tears out. You can also clearly hear other people around. Either that's a very good microphone that's picking up conversations in another room or they're there in the room with her. It does look to me like she's just wanting some revenge because she was dumped. You have to question the reason why she took it to YouTube instead of somewhere else. There's other directions she could have taken besides the police.

Also, according the the court documents, they "had an ongoing sexual relationship" and it mentioned something about her being drugged. Ongoing would mean it happened more than once. Was she drugged each time? If she was, how does she remember all the details? The "relationship" ends and now she's saying it was rape. The more I read about it, the more it sounds like she's just out to get revenge. Either way though, a guy had sex with someone who was underage and he should be in jail even if she did agree to it.

Looks to me she took a note from that woman who has been making YouTube videos about her ex-husband lately. I think her name is Tricia Smith.

Don't believe everything on YouTube. Remember "lonelygirl15" who was actually an actress in her early twenties I believe.

I want to make it clear I'm not taking up for the guy who had sex with her. I'll never defend a guy who has a thing for children.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x

I understand that mate, course I do. But I mean when she claimed he raped her she was one month to become 16. But they had sex many times prior to this incident. I am not saying it is true or not, but I believe in any case, he should at least get something because he was with a minor. She is a child regardless of how aware of sex she is.

Oni x x

Oni, I sympathize with this young woman. But the rape she would feel in that court room would be worse than the one she went through.

The first issue would be this law about consent. The letter of the law says 16, but the intent of the law was to set an age where a person would considered mature enough to make a responsible decision.

In this case, neither party was making responsible decisions. Now one could hold the male to the letter of the law, but the question is going to be raised if the court finds her mature enough to understand what she was doing.

I suggest the prosecutors have already determined she would be found mature enough to understand the consequences of her actions. And I suggest they have determined how it would play out in a court room.

Consider you are that 15 year old and the defense attorney comes to question you and not with kid gloves, by any means. Can you imagine having to answer questions like:

Is this the first person you've ever had sex with?
Do you like rough sex?
Anal?
Oral?
Was it you that suggested the third party join you in bed?
Were you kidding when you told him to tie you up?
Didn't you threaten that if he didn't marry you, you'd cry rape?
How many times would you say you flashed his buddy the night the three of you got drunk?
Is this really the only person you've ever had sex with?
You've had sex before, what was different about this time?
Have you ever not wanted to, but did it anyway?
And that night after the two of you had sex, you and he were laughing, is that not true?

Now think about this.

The jury is going to hear that attorney ask those questions, and probably a few I can't imagine, and they are going to determine the defense has something that indicates these things are true, and she is lying.

It might be stricken from the record, but the jury has heard it asked. And you can't erase their minds.

Now it doesn't end there. The next thing that's going to happen is a few of his friends are going to testify that they had sex with her, or that she tried to have sex with them, that she teased them, etc.

Yes, what he did was totally wrong by the letter of the law, but by the intent of the law, she is just as guilty because she knew what she was doing, she knew it was unlawful, and she continued to do it anyway.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

In her prior police statements, she repeatedly told probers that the sex was consensual and that, "I wanted a guy in my life 'cause my mom's boyfriends have never been there for me. And my dad wasn't there so I thought alright he's older maybe he'll respect me, but it didn't go like that."

Taken from here

This website has the story behind this video and transcripts from the interview done by the detective on the case.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

As I said before, I agree! All I am saying is, she was a child while performing these sexual acts. I know Rock tried to make me look stupid by saying she would MAGICALLY change in one month! Of course she wouldn't. But she was a child until her birthday which turned her 16.

REGARDLESS STILL A CHILD IN THE EYES OF THE LAW!

This is my point! heck she could be talking out of her arse! but she is still a god forsaken child. The people who are well above her age having sex with an underage girl is sick.... don't jump!

I understand most don't tell them their actual age.. but in this on going relationship I find it hard to believe her age never came to topic of conversation.

It will soon be a girl of 12 having sex and crying rape... response..

" she was sexually active... she knew what she was doing".

I'm not even going to say what I would respond to that because I would be banned.

Sex is all around now and children - babies are not protected and taught the correct nature around a sexual relationship. They go out get slaughtered and shag any man who shows interest. It is sick.

Final words.

I agree I do about girls getting revenge, but she is still a child! This is my point. Goodness is it so hard to see what I am saying.. It's a joke.

Oni x x

ps: Memysabu very mature.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

[She was ONE MONTH SHY.]

[Was she MAGICALLY going to become more "mature" when one month passes?

Please.]

No she wasn't, that's why they have laws regarding the age of consent, personally i don't think a 16 year old is mature enough to understand totally the reprocustions of a sexual relationtionship. However the 23 year old guy is old enough to understand the reprocutions of a sexual relationship. Which is probably why he chose to have sex with a CHILD.

It doesn't make a difference how close her birthday was, at the time she was 15, that's what counts. The guy knew what he was doing, that's why he chose a child someone that he could easily manipulate. A young impressionable girl that romanticized it. No self respecting honorable 23 year old MAN would engage in a sexual relationship with a 15 year old girl.

Even if there was no forceable rape he was still wrong for the relationship. If there was no forceable rape then he should not be tried for one, however he should be psychologically tested and made to go to counseling as there is something wrong with him, who knows if the guy is out there havin sex with 13 & 14 year olds, would that be ok too as long as they said yes ?

Either way the guy broke the law and they should do something about it.

Think about it this way if you had a 15 year old daughter would you want some 23 year old guy having sex with her ? Do you honestly believe that this 15 year old girl was emotionally mature enough to have any relationship, let alone a sexual one, with a 23 year old guy ?

[I was the same age when I began messing around, trust me, I knew more then well enough what I was doing.
]

You can't compare your maturity at 16 to this girls at 15, you are two different people. I'm sure that there are many men out there your age or older that are not as mature as you are.

[Think back to when you where 16. Not so innocent. Well maybe you where, I wasn't. Girl friend wasn't. No one I knew was.]

There ya go you just said it yourself.

[She was consensual and she knew what she was doing. ]

She may have known what she was doing pysically, but not all the rest that goes with it. And although she may have consented, she was not of legal age to give that consent.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

THANK YOU!!!!

Well said!

Oni x x

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join