It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Supreme Court strikes down the state's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

....written by men to oppress other men....AND women!!

Especially to oppress women....

Just wanted to throw that in...and remember, there's the old testament baloney that gets mixed up with the new testament junk....all selected by, you guessed it!! Men! They kept what they wanted, deleted the rest.

How many christians know of the book of Esther?? Anyone?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

How about the gospel according to Mary Magdalene?

www.webcom.com...

Book of Judas?

I wonder how many scriptures were thrown to the side because they did not coincide with the RCC's view of what Christianity should be?

If the bible was written by God, then why did he need more than one person to write it, and moreover why did he even need man at all?

Remember the story of Moses going up the mountain and comming back down with the 10 commandments?

God wrote those commandments on those tablets (so says the bible). So, why does God need man to write the bible?

BTW, I ment man as-in mankind. But, you are correct, the bible was written for and by men of hierarchy to oppress all others.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

LOL
- I'm not Chrisitan - - but I know of the Book of Esther.

I like this site - it gives different interpretations of the bible (and other stuff).
beingoflight.brotherofyeshua.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination... If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Wow -- I can't believe this thread is still going strong after all these days.

#

I have a serious theological question. I am hoping someone can answer this: There appears to be a prohibition against two men having sex. What about two women having sex? It seems to me that this act is allowed.

Is it possible that same gender sex is an abomination ONLY between two men? I ask because the idea of polygamy seems to track closely with lesbianism -- polygamy is clearly allowed in the Bible. There is no question that polygamy promotes and compliments lesbianism.

Also, a cold reading of the above passage makes it appear that having sex with a man (regardless of your gender) is an abomination. (If the passage is interpreted as an admonishment to both men and women.)

Is it possible that the ONLY people who are saved are heterosexual men, full lesbians and virgins? Perhaps ANY sex with ANY man, irrespective of gender, automatically damns you. That means (very unfortunately) heterosexual women are an abomination and are damned.

I know that is strange, but there are many great secrets and mysteries to the world -- it is difficult to know the intentions of the creator. It would be sad and shocking to find out my above suggestion was actually true. (Such is often the case with a revelation.)

Edit: to clarify things.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Buck....good contribution to the discussion.

I have read, in other places, that the Leviticus chapter, of the bible, was referring to the 'paganistic' expression of male homosexuality, as an old 'rite' that should no longer be tolerated. It was intended to take 'believers' away from the old pagan rituals.....

Perhaps a biblical scholar can chime in here??

As to the female on female....can I say that, on ATS??? Seems that since the bible was mostly written by MEN, and most of the world's religions are controlled by MEN...but lots of modern erotic images are enjoyed by 'straight' men....to include women together.....seems to cement the misogynist bent of the texts.....IMO.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
Polygamy seems to track closely with lesbianism -- polygamy is clearly allowed in the Bible. There is no question that polygamy promotes and compliments lesbianism.

What? Not to get off topic - but . . .

I actually support Polygamy (consenting adults only) as more natural then monogamy.

However - I find your view of Polygamy as a breeding ground for lesbianism - - a reach.

So would you say in countries where women are kept in the home - - and men socialize in groups a breeding ground for gays?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee.....be careful....people will use what you just wrote as 'proof' that gay is a 'choice'!!!

You and I both know it is not a choice.

However.....I have witnessed this....in sexually repressed societies men will find an outlet, wherever they can. Not a judgement, just an observation.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

OK, for the slow in the audience...........the "hair thingy" is always taken out of context as are many "single" quotes. If one reads the entire context about hair and beard it speaks to things done in pagan funeral rites.

1And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:

2But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother.

3And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath had no husband; for her may he be defiled.

4But he shall not defile himself, being a chief man among his people, to profane himself.

5They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

Blindness is about qualifications for preisthood. Only those without blemish can be priests in the temple...........

Forgot the last stupid thing you said, again out of context.

Oh, mixed clothes........errr.....since the entire context of the bible happens in desert areas, errr the middle east, have you even worn animal fir, heavy wool, and/or flax in a very dry climate? Megavolt shocks.......

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Please show me where discrimination is written into the constitution.

err, ever heard of 4/5's of a man? etc, etc, etc............

How about qualifications for various offices, isn't that PC discrimination against the unqualified.............

Why can't a blind man fly an airliner?

Homosexuality is an abomination, if you "choose" to believe otherwise....fine..........its your soul............do with it as you will.........

God Bless anyway..............
(cool avatar though)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee.....be careful....people will use what you just wrote as 'proof' that gay is a 'choice'!!!

You and I both know it is not a choice.

However.....I have witnessed this....in sexually repressed societies men will find an outlet, wherever they can. Not a judgement, just an observation.

Thanks Weedwhacker.

You KNOW I think/believe people are born as they are - - and being attracted to same gender is a birth right - - not a choice.

My hobby is social/cultural anthropology. So yes I am aware of how gays/lesbians "survive" in a repressed society.

Hey - gays here in America are not that liberated really - - yet - - but at least they are backed by Free Speech and equal rights by law/Constitution(s).

It was how Buck Division - presented his position and viewpoint that sent up a Red Flag for me.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
reply to post by cashlink

The answer I expected from someone who must change reality to fit their lifestyle choice.

Straight people are not God's chosen people..........hebrews are.........

Homosexuality is an abomination.

The US constitution is based on judeo/christian beliefs. The declaration of independence states so, as does the majority of the founders customs in government.

You can reject God, his commandments, his sabbaths, it is your choice as it is to be homosexual. But you can not force straight people to accept your choice. It is you who is cramming your life down straights throats. You who screams "accept me" to justify thier sick and twisted reality.

Repent of your ways, truely seek God and he will forgive you through Jesus. Many former homosexuals have found the truth....so can you......

It is not I who sits in judgement, it is God. Seek Jesus to defend you before God on judgement day.......................

Same-sex (homosexual) marriage is a slap in the face of the almighty. One should not take a swing at God, he might swing back.........

why does god have a chosen people??? i thought he supposedly loved us all... what makes the hebrews so special??? last time i checked their people sinned, killed and were barbaric just like everyone else

people like u are one of the prime reasons why religion should be abolished.... your religion teaches you to hate gays... i did not read the entire thread as i dont have time.... but i am sure that the topic wether homosexuality is natural or not was brought up... "how can a natural universe produce something unatural???" i will just leave you with that

Same-sex (homosexual) marriage is a slap in the face of the almighty. One should not take a swing at God, he might swing back.........

you are ridiculous

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

What??? Why can't a blind man fly an airliner???

Are you serious?

Chill out, and get a grip on reality, man!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee, you are a sweetheart!!

You are also a strong contributor to this thread!! Very good work!!

(ooh....that sounds so.....condescending....didn't mean for it to seem so)

My best!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee, you are a sweetheart!!

You are also a strong contributor to this thread!! Very good work!!

(ooh....that sounds so.....condescending....didn't mean for it to seem so)

My best!!

LOL - gotta watch out for each other.

Someone might even post about all the wild free sex in the 80s - by straights as well as gays.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

Originally posted by heliosprime
reply to post by cashlink

"how can a natural universe produce something unatural???"

That one is easy. Order=Natural=Perfection. Chaos=unnatural=imperfection.

Order always begets chaos. Chaos never begets order.

That is what I think anyways.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hope this doesn't go too off topic.

I previously stated I believe in the "sex scale" - some people are extreme straight and some are extreme gay - - but the majority of people fall somewhere in the middle making the majority of people bi-sexual.

IMO monogamy is not a natural state for human - but was mandated by social pressures.

This might sound silly - but I think Elephants have it right.

Anyway - if women are placed together in a social group - their natural care-giving and emotional needs would probably bring them into physical as well as emotional relationships. But I don't believe that's what a Lesbian is. A true Lesbian would be of a genetic birth right.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

"how can a natural universe produce something unatural???" i will just leave you with that

Well put, it can't. Somethin' unatural can only be man-made, hence, honosexuality is a man-made choice of self destruction. Both mortal and imortal.

hebrews are God's chosen, he said so.................He does love all, but not all love him. Not all submit to his will, keep his sabbath nor his commandments and other laws.

The love is there, it is man who rejects it, not God. Those who do not obey will die.....forever.............

I also want to abolish "religion"...faith and worship of God is not religion. Religion is a corruption made of mans stupidity...........It is to control masses into false worship of satan. Hence Islam.............for example..

Homosexuality is an abomination, the "lifestyle" is also a false religion of lust...............

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

OK, you have open the door now !
I have to go shopping right now, so Idont have to much time to write what I want to say but when I get back I will post.

I have never, never, never, seen anyone that CAN'T think out side the box.

Now I know, what they ment by being a sheep WOW!
Gay people do not SHOVE there Homosexuality to the world.
They only want to be treated as equal as straight people, and if it was the other way round where straight people where not treated EQUALLY and Homosexual have all the rights .....
Then YOU would be screaming and shouting for YOUR rights to be treated equal.

It is the bible thumpers that run around CONDEMING and SHOVEING thier
Man made Religion down our throats.

You really don't have a clue what True Spirituality is.
Because True Spirituality is NOT a Religion.
It dose not comdem anyone, it has no fear.

G-D IS LOVE. HOMOSEXUALS DO GO TO HEVEN!
You got alot to learn, start by learning about N.D.E Near Death Experience.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Do you have proof to back up your allegations against God? I read them as allegations of being unforgiving, petty, angry and a murderer.

How about a little PROOF that these are laws written or inspired by God. Do you have any proof of Gods gender? PROOF..not your faith, not more bible scripture.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah - I'm not one to bury my head in the sand.

But . . . I finally just chose IGNORE!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join